Sackboy
530 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Sep 12, 2012

scootgar wrote:

Aeonra wrote:

there was once a topic about how to improve plunder, where a ND developer at least once looked at... *looking through history*

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Plunder-and-Teammates-Overtly-N...

There you go! Many ideas, suggestions and discussions...

Thanks, I know that one.     

Well why waisting time on repeating the same things Smiley Wink

https://www.twitch.tv/aeonra/
Message 51 of 187 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17409 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

Aeonra wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Aeonra wrote:

there was once a topic about how to improve plunder, where a ND developer at least once looked at... *looking through history*

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Plunder-and-Teammates-Overtly-N...

There you go! Many ideas, suggestions and discussions...

Thanks, I know that one.     

Well why waisting time on repeating the same things Smiley Wink

It needs to be repeated, and placed in context.  This isn't jsut about removing killfarming, it's about all the issues that make the game a joke, be that game play, settings or failed programming.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 52 of 187 (477 Views)
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Ultimately there is nothing ND can really do to prevent people from....

1. Farming kills in plunder in terms of trying to unluck a treasure set, I mean the mode doesn't directly not allow for that. Also dropping people at a consistent rate regardless is effective for the team with such a player, because it keeps enemies possibly going for the idol at a minimum and makes the job of the treasure carrier that much easier since less guns are likely pointed at them.

2. Leveling up booster, once again most of the time you have to kill to and once again that is productive in plunder as well, I understand that sometimes it's bad, like for example I played a plunder match that was close and it probably wouldn't have been if someone random on my team wasn't so clearly interested in leveling up cloaked and was so focused on snapping people's necks instead of providing cover fire, drawing attention away from those running the objectives, or in general shoot his gun more instead of being 100% focused on snapping people's necks, even at times that wasn't appropriate.

Look ND has done a lot to promote going for the objectve, has done plenty of things to encourage it, but if people insist on dropping bodies instead of droping the idol in the box, what else can be done really? Look thats like me complaining when I have a dude on my team tearing the other team a new A hole in CTF or Domination(Turf War in Uncharted terms), I shoudn't be complaining because thats that less people getting in my way if I am the one going for the Flag, going for the territory, etc...

Look I understand you guys are probably not refering to this kinda "farm killer" the one I am refering to is probably more under the lines of a true breed of slayer, the guy that puts up the huge numbers on your team and in general is giving the other team a hard time even trying to go for the idol because this guy keeps dropping everyone left and right. Your probably refering to the people who are trying to level up boosters, the guy looking for that one treasure he's missing to complete a set. Fact of the matter is if it bothers you that much that randoms do this, then don't play with them as much, you can't account for random players in public matchamaking, you should know that. They'll do what they want to do. As long as it's in the parameters of not cheating and behaving appropriatly, their doing no wrong. That guy leveling up boosters much be bothering you while your busting your A off trying to run the idol but at the same time he is still playing the game, and doing it a manor that doesn't go outside a certain parameter that could demand action from ND. He might not be playing the way you want too, but do randoms really ever?

ND has done a lot to support the plunder players, the objective players, of course they can do more, but removing farm killers from plunder because their trying to do this and that? No developer can or should be able to completely dictate how people play their game.

Message 53 of 187 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17409 posts

Sep 12, 2012

GMRcris wrote:

Look I understand you guys are probably not refering to this kinda "farm killer" the one I am refering to is probably more under the lines of a true breed of slayer, the guy that puts up the huge numbers on your team and in general is giving the other team a hard time even trying to go for the idol because this guy keeps dropping everyone left and right. 

You're right, we're not talking about a slayer at all.

Message 54 of 187 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4346 posts

Sep 12, 2012

scootgar wrote:

GMRcris wrote:

Look I understand you guys are probably not refering to this kinda "farm killer" the one I am refering to is probably more under the lines of a true breed of slayer, the guy that puts up the huge numbers on your team and in general is giving the other team a hard time even trying to go for the idol because this guy keeps dropping everyone left and right. 

You're right, we're not talking about a slayer at all.

I expected as much, at the same time if someone is per say racking up kills for completing a treasure set, I could imagine if they were effective at killing, they would probably be rather productive to a plunder match overall, that is of course if they have the ability to kill at a consistent rate, in terms supressing the other team from making a real pushes for the idol. He's off trying to get treasure X or Y, killing plenty of people for the sake of a treasure, in turn the people actually going for the idol have a much easier time getting to the idol because the other team is being killed off.

On the opposite ladder of that which I already mentioned is the people who solely play Plunder to level up a booster, the guy who spends the whole match trying to snap people's necks, the guy camping in some random tower with a Dragon desperately trying to get 1 long ranger the whole 20 minute match. These people be the general description can clearly be seen as not nearly as productive in a match as someone per say trying to get a treasure to drop the whole match, but as I stated they aren't doing anything that isn't allowed by the game or greatly ruins anyone elses online experience. (that being said some of you may disagree and say it does in fact ruin your online experience, but lets face it some of these kids around here are dramatic lol. "Oh my god I played I played Objectives and this one dude spent the whole match trying to level up cloaked and I lost because I had no back up so I'm going to make a thread about it so ND forces everyone to play Objectives like I do so I can have back up." Sadly enough if this isn't already a thread, I'm sure it'll be made.)

Message 55 of 187 (447 Views)
Limit Breaker
17409 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Here's another joyful moment:

Plunder, Fort.   Enemy gets dead body glicth.  I go find his corpse: it's fallen through into one of the gated areas people used to glitch into, and can't be meleed or blown up with a grenade.  He plays most of the match as an invincible spectre.

Message 56 of 187 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17409 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 12, 2012

GMRcris wrote:

These people be the general description can clearly be seen as not nearly as productive in a match as someone per say trying to get a treasure to drop the whole match, but as I stated they aren't doing anything that isn't allowed by the game or greatly ruins anyone elses online experience. 

And there you'd be right and there you'd be wrong.

Because it's not explicitly ruled out by code, it's 'legal' in game terms.   How does it ruin the experience?  Because you play to win, and your efforts are sabotaged by people, on your own team, not taking the game seriously.  By them playing the game to a different objective.

We're going to likely have to wait until large numbers of people have levelled or maxed their characters to a satisfactory point.   I have no confidence in a company-based solution, even though they could do it.  After all, they already DID some of it in UC2.

Message 57 of 187 (437 Views)
Survivor
2678 posts

Sep 12, 2012

The first game I played yesterday was a plunder game with a party of 4.   We ran into a party of 5 right off the bat.  Here's the random guy that was put on our team.  I would have loved for him to try to level a booster, go for a treasure or farm kills.

can't hate on the way randoms play.  As cris said, if you don't want randoms on your team play in a 5 man party.  You should never expect ANY contribution from a random.  NONE.  if they were great team mates they would probably be getting party invite after party invite and not be playing alone.

Message 58 of 187 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
638 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Evil, that is an absolutely great video. I love how he did nothing at all. Legitamately, he did nothing at all. I got bored of watching him 2:30 seconds in...

Message 59 of 187 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17409 posts

Sep 12, 2012

lEvilDeadl wrote:

The first game I played yesterday was a plunder game with a party of 4.   We ran into a party of 5 right off the bat.  Here's the random guy that was put on our team.  I would have loved for him to try to level a booster, go for a treasure or farm kills.

can't hate on the way randoms play.  As cris said, if you don't want randoms on your team play in a 5 man party.  You should never expect ANY contribution from a random.  NONE.  if they were great team mates they would probably be getting party invite after party invite and not be playing alone.

Fully understood.  You remember the guy in Syria when we ran into you, that was on our team.

But creating an environment for idiocy only creates idiots.

Message 60 of 187 (407 Views)
0 Likes