Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Sep 23, 2012

scootgar wrote:

Well, it's been about a week since I played.    I was stuck at home today, so I fired up UC3, and jumped in to Plunder.

The games were full of people shamelessly playing to raise boosters.    Everyone sitting in the towers on Yemen, using sniper rifles and T-Bolt Kickbacks.   High level multi-legacy players using negative boosters, deposit and cash'em'in, and sprinting away from the idol like it carried plague.

One set of players decided to spend the first 10 minutes on Sanctuary periodically picking up and moving the idol around the basement on Sanctuary, mowing down people who came to get it.  A second set decided to sit with the Idol in the old UC2 RPG room, downstairson Fort, and slaughter any poor guy coming down to retrieve it.  Shamefully, these were MY teammates.  Another set sat in the corners and levelled up Scoped In on Museum.  

I did get in one good game: I late joined on Airstrip at 4-0 and won a match 5-0 with 1 kill, one death.  That was awesome.

Naughty Dog, your game is not to be taken seriously.   And by extension, neither are you.  You certainly have no problem shoving pay-per-play materials out the development window: clothes, weapons, tournament tickets.  Try some game fixes, too.

Finally, someone who goes through my pain. 

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 187 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11053 posts

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Sep 28, 2012

Will ND just stand there and not do anything about it? This is getting ridiculous, people are actually starting to team kill the ones who want to capture the idol...

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 187 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Oct 1, 2012

I hate stupid people who sabotage their own teammates in Plunder by throwing the idol closer to the opponents' chest... really? Is that a proper way to extend the match for killfarming purposes?

Yet another reason to play in a stacked party of 5! Phuck you retarded "teammates"! :smileymad:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 187 (312 Views)
Uncharted Territory
990 posts

Oct 1, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

I hate stupid people who sabotage their own teammates in Plunder by throwing the idol closer to the opponents' chest... really? Is that a proper way to extend the match for killfarming purposes?

Yet another reason to play in a stacked party of 5! Phuck you retarded "teammates"! :smileymad:

Yeah, but sometimes the same buddies in your party says: Oh wait! Let's stop at 4 and then kill farm!

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 187 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

xXGoldenArthurXx wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Yeah, but sometimes the same buddies in your party says: Oh wait! Let's stop at 4 and then kill farm!

At least they won't screw you by throwing the idol further away from your chest. If you are going to killfarm, do it properly FFS.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 187 (283 Views)
Sackboy
311 posts

Oct 1, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Ugh. This happened to me last night on Airport. We were only up 3-0 and my teammate decides to toss the idol toward their chest so he can killfarm. One problem: he gets killed and they score. Now it's 3-1.

He continues to killfarm for a while, then goes idle and just sits in his spawn inside one of the trailers. He is eventually removed from the game, but not before the other team ties it up 4-4 while we struggle on with four players. Awesome!

We did end up winning the match, despite the fact that he sabotaged us twice.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 187 (245 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1391 posts

Oct 1, 2012

tapantaola wrote:
Phuck you retarded "teammates"! :smileymad:

Uncharted has always been full of some retarded teammates, even back in U2.

• 'Nading teammates for power weapons
  • Throwing the idol to the opposite team
  • Purposely standing outside of the Siege area
  • Purposely killing teammates in co-op.

But nothing gets on my nerves more than when I get hatemail for capturing the idol. Now that grinds my gears!

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 187 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
548 posts

Oct 1, 2012

You forgot getting team killed for a TURRET. And yes, i've been killed for a turret before. Just goes to show the types of idiots who play this game.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 187 (212 Views)
Gaming Beast
1724 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2012

Sitrongr wrote:

You forgot getting team killed for a TURRET. And yes, i've been killed for a turret before. Just goes to show the types of idiots who play this game.

But u3 feels like there are so many retarded people in comparison to u2! When I was lone wolfing in u2 I always had decent people in my team, but the party of 5's were always better. At least there were not flat out stupid like u3. Last night I literally lost 5 games straight because of my teammates! What the F!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 187 (203 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9879 posts

Oct 1, 2012
Regarding putting the chest into opponent's territory:

Iplayed with Aurc and friends, and we were winning 4-0 in less than a minute. And it was on the Fort, I mean, less than a minute win? Come on.

Out of pity one of us (forgot who) carried the idol to the other chest (without getting shot at all. I was guarding the person but nobody went for him). The other guys said that we shouldn't do that, so we went back (NO DAMAGE DONE TO US WHATSOEVER) and finished the game.

But I see your point. Plunder turned into a killfarmfestival where peopld hide the idol and pick off the grabbers. Why is ND not stopping this? I think it's safe to say ND only cares about two modes: TDM and Lab.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 187 (174 Views)
0 Likes