Reply
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7266 posts
 

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Oct 2, 2012

It really does suck.
 I personally do level my boosters in Plunder, but I still play the match correctly. I can snap the idol carriers neck for cloaked, then throw it toward our chest, not that hard to do.

 

Honestly, the game is fine the way it is, it is really just the players ruining it for everyone else.

 

One thing that makes me the most angry is when a person camps the idol for kills. Ok great you killed the enemy about to score the idol, now you should just stare at it for the next 10 seconds and wait for the next enemy to pick it up, only to miss him then have him score.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 81 of 187 (368 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Oct 2, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

It really does suck.
 I personally do level my boosters in Plunder, but I still play the match correctly. I can snap the idol carriers neck for cloaked, then throw it toward our chest, not that hard to do.

 

Honestly, the game is fine the way it is, it is really just the players ruining it for everyone else.

 

One thing that makes me the most angry is when a person camps the idol for kills. Ok great you killed the enemy about to score the idol, now you should just stare at it for the next 10 seconds and wait for the next enemy to pick it up, only to miss him then have him score.


I think the fact that people wait for someone to pick it up is bad enough.

 

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 82 of 187 (364 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4570 posts
 

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity

Oct 2, 2012

So there is something wrong with plunder?

 

Teamkilla's have bad days too Smiley Happy

SLB.png


Hi-5.png

Message 83 of 187 (357 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
17666 posts
 

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity

Oct 6, 2012

Haven't been on for a while, dropped in to see there's a Plunder lab, realised I didn't give a toss.

Wow, what a disappointment this game has become.  



[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 84 of 187 (314 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/13/2009
Offline
2477 posts
 

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity

Oct 6, 2012

scootgar wrote:

Haven't been on for a while, dropped in to see there's a Plunder lab, realised I didn't give a toss.

Wow, what a disappointment this game has become.  


http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Give-OBJ-Modes-The-Same-Love-as...

 

Check my thread out. Just another thread full of good discussion and ideas. Will probably be ignored like many others.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 85 of 187 (303 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
17666 posts
 

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Haven't been on for a while, dropped in to see there's a Plunder lab, realised I didn't give a toss.

Wow, what a disappointment this game has become.  


http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Give-OBJ-Modes-The-Same-Love-as...

 

Check my thread out. Just another thread full of good discussion and ideas. Will probably be ignored like many others.  


I saw it, and I think I kudoed it.   [EDIT] Nope, but just did.

it's just mind-boggling.   We, the communuity, are 100% right on such consensus issues, and still, nothing done.



[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 86 of 187 (299 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
20482 posts
 

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity

Oct 6, 2012

scootgar wrote:

Haven't been on for a while, dropped in to see there's a Plunder lab, realised I didn't give a toss.

Wow, what a disappointment this game has become.  


 

I like it. There's no boosters and there's actually an incentive to NOT throw the idol, but to actually walk with it.

 

I think it's pretty fun.

Message 87 of 187 (294 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/13/2009
Offline
2477 posts
 

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Oct 6, 2012

sanddude20 wrote:

It really does suck.
 I personally do level my boosters in Plunder, but I still play the match correctly. I can snap the idol carriers neck for cloaked, then throw it toward our chest, not that hard to do.

 

Honestly, the game is fine the way it is, it is really just the players ruining it for everyone else.

 

One thing that makes me the most angry is when a person camps the idol for kills. Ok great you killed the enemy about to score the idol, now you should just stare at it for the next 10 seconds and wait for the next enemy to pick it up, only to miss him then have him score.


Then it's not fine. Clearly Plunder does not function as well as it could, because players are given too much incentive to do things like booster farm, camp the idol, kill/money farm, ect.

 

Plunder only works fine when the majority of each team is commited to scoring the idol. That is rare, because a random individual player has little incentive to play properly. It's completely up to them if they'd rather help the team win, or just be worthless and camp. I go ino this in my thread...

 

TDM does not have this problem, because there is no way to abuse that gamemode.  You can't decide to Cap the Idol in TDM. You are forced to kill. It's perfect.

 

ND could easily tweak Plunder so it actually functioned properly. As it is now, fools can just say, "Man, I can't get good scores in TDM...I know, I'll just play Plunder! Because I can get loads of money from Medals like Drop It, and best of all, I don't even have to touch the Idol and risk dying. Awesome!"

 

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 88 of 187 (290 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
17666 posts
 

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Oct 6, 2012

I played a few games last weekend, and nearly didn't make it past one game.  Cave Plunder, three guys in a group on my team, all of them decided... to try and glitch while hanging off the cliff at the bottom of the map.

******* awesome.



[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 89 of 187 (283 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
11298 posts
 

Re: The Erosion of the Plunder Game's Integrity - Adjust the Rewards, It Just Makes Sense

Oct 6, 2012

scootgar wrote:

Cave Plunder, three guys in a group on my team decided... to try and glitch


You... you played Plunder alone and turned DLC on? God bless you. Smiley Indifferent

Message 90 of 187 (279 Views)
Reply
0 Likes