Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: Updated with Answers! **Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: January Edition**

Jan 17, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
Basically we're getting told what we've been told all month... But aside from 2 or 3 good questions there really isn't anything we can ask until the next patch.

The only thing I am surprised about is the player pool question. Half a million is not really what I expected, but I for one believe it. I expected Three hundred thousand or so. I see some Uncharted 2 comparisons but Match making was always slow in Uncharted 2. Not to mention I ran into the sam players ALL the time. Shout out to flogxyourxmolly (Something like that) and Drawn on smile. Those two I found 50 times or so, I played with them more than players on my friends list. I have actually ran into them once in Uncharted 3.

I really wish I could play this game more. I have others I am dedicated to playing but Uncharted 3 is the sole reason I turn on my PS3 and I'd love to see these numbers stay this high.. even though it seems they're dropping with how slow matchmaking has been... But hopefully it will rise after people finish games like Far cry or borderlands or whatever they got. ND better make 1.16 worth returning for.

I doubt half a million daily players since Black Ops 2 has the daily players count and thats about 200000 players.

I would assume there is about 45000-50000 daily UC3 players.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 191 of 200 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Re: Updated with Answers! **Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: January Edition**

Jan 17, 2013
^you need to take into account all the alts that are included in that 500k, it probably inflates that number by 100k or more :smileytongue:

And all of those people who just login to see the mesh maps and lab, so it isn't a very accurate number :smileysad:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 192 of 200 (501 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1008 posts

Jan 17, 2013
The player count on the PS3 is most likely WAY lower. COD is a 360 game in my opinion. MW2 is where it's at. :smileytongue:

But I can see a high player count on Uncharted 3 due to it being the only exclusive with multiplayer that my 360 friends know of. Any other exclusive they've never heard of. It's more popular than you think.
Message 193 of 200 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2276 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
The player count on the PS3 is most likely WAY lower. COD is a 360 game in my opinion. MW2 is where it's at. :smileytongue:

But I can see a high player count on Uncharted 3 due to it being the only exclusive with multiplayer that my 360 friends know of. Any other exclusive they've never heard of. It's more popular than you think.

of course cod is a 360 game, they have no exclusives so they don't see many games better than it... they have to play something (when i mean nothing i mean compared to all the AAA exclusives on the ps3 all of which are so much better than cod) seriously how do people prefer cod, i'd much prefer haddock or better yet shrimp, crab, scallops or lobster, :smileytongue: now i'm hungry for seafood :smileysad:

Message 194 of 200 (476 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1008 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Well, COD is okay. I don't like Treyarch games so thats is why I mock Whack ops 2.

Like it or not, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was a genius game, it revolutionized FPS and competitive multiplayer in general. It's best on 360 yes but the 360 is a very social system. The LIVE experience is much more friendly to parties and friends than Steam or the PSN. Not to mention the OS is sturdy and you can abuse the dashboard like messaging and voice chat where the XMB would die. It's a good system if you're a console gamer who wants to play Multi plats due to the PS3 sucking at Multi plats.

Personally I play it the least. I love the LIVE experience and Halo 4 and GOW are amazing along with early release content on 360. But why is it the least played? Because my PC/Mac can play Multi plats better than the 360 or PS3 combined, better looks and controls. So basically, the main perk the 360 has is LIVE which is the ONLY reason it's worth owning a 360. PC gaming beats consoles on the Multi platform standpoint aside from certain developers screwing the PC community over. However, my PS3 is preferred over my gaming computer because 1 thing; exclusives. I Love the exclusives. Computer gamers (Whom are very arrogant and look down on console owners greatly because they're so boss with their rigs) will never have the LIVE experience or the amazing exclusives. I love gaming, the controversy, the choices the playstyle...just everything about it.
Message 195 of 200 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2276 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

Like it or not, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was a genius game, it revolutionized FPS 

yes cod4 was good at the time and did set a new standard for FPS games, but mw2 and mw3 and basically waw and black ops are just the same **bleep**, a game should not be called good if it's the same as the last 3 prequels and there are much better games out there now a days

it's like calling ICO a good game because it helped make games like prince of persia, but in fact ICO is a terrible game by today's standards

basically it looks like this:

cod games through the past through few years: cod4 - waw - mw2 - bo - mw3 - bo2

other games through the past few years: - E - F

ps3 AAA exclusives are improving and perfecting gaming as we know it, while cod has stayed the game for the past 6 years

Renegade_angel95 wrote:
 GOW 

GOW = God of War, and yes it is amazing 

Message 196 of 200 (464 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10108 posts

Jan 17, 2013
I hear God of War has... Multiplayer?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 197 of 200 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2276 posts

Jan 17, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I hear God of War has... Multiplayer?

yep beta has already been released to ps plus members (ends on the 22nd i think)

Message 198 of 200 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
379 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Nothing interesting... how ND plains to have us happy if they do not do something good like new characters or something.

Message 199 of 200 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Not U3 related but are you guys planning on releasing a CE guide for TLOU? I have the U3 CE guide I thought it was very well made. You should just merge the Artbook + CE guide into one giant book if its still possible.

+============================================================+
Message 200 of 200 (173 Views)
0 Likes