Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/28/2009
Offline
153 posts
 

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: October edition

Oct 11, 2012

JD-- wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:
We added Shade Co-Op Survival and Fort Adventure.

 

I mean that most people are playing competitive as opposed to co-op. It's really always been that way but it's more pronounced now at this point in the game lifecycle. 


That's nice and all. The Shade Survival needs many updates to "fix" it.

 

The Fort Adventure wasn't "new." Just different characters in a different situation.

 

The MP got: 

  • 3 map packs
  • Constant Lab Updates
  • Classic Mode
  •  New Treasure Sets
  • CONSTANT updates and weapon changes and "nerfs"

Co-Op is getting more and more attention, why not just shed some light on us all for a bit and direct, maybe, patch 1.16 to address all co-op related stuff?


 That's exactly what new is. What did you expect, new and revolutionary gameplay?

They already said they weren't going to do anything with CO-OP so just accept it, or you can make a going away thread like everyone seems to do nowadays lol.

Message 221 of 328 (330 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14213 posts
 

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: October edition

Oct 11, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

JD-- wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

JD-- wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

JD-- wrote:

Wow, co-op gets no attention because more people play the MP? That is complete and utter **bleep**....

 

I can't see why you will refuse to touch the co-op because of a slight player pool difference. Well done, Naughty Dog, you have lost a lot of respect from me.


Not just play pool. It's resources and time as well. 


Yeah, I got that - resources and time you'd rather put towards multiplayer, fully.

 

That is sickening to realize that you will openly neglect HALF of your game.


It's not neglect. We added this to co-op and tweaked a lot of it earlier on. We're just focusing on what most people are playing now that game has nearly been out for a year. Your play has guided our attention in that regard. 


Well if the game was tweaked early on and then left in the dust because more people played the multiplayer, how come you never came back to it? Just fixed the issues that have aroused, or give Co-Op veterans more things to work for like how you added more treasure sets and levels for multiplayer addicts?

 

It's a double standard, you can't give new things constantly to one side, but not to the other.

 

And what do you mean about "your play has guided our atention in that regard?"


We added Shade Co-Op Survival and Fort Adventure.

 

I mean that most people are playing competitive as opposed to co-op. It's really always been that way but it's more pronounced now at this point in the game lifecycle. 


Shade which is poor. It's an easy mode designed to give people an easier way to get cash, only issue there is that it's too repetitive, concept was good but needed to be more than average co-op if your just going to have one rather tamed difficulty for one enemy.

 

Fort Adventure.

 

Okay I'll give you that one, don't think I've forgotten that it was supposed to be a MAP PACK though. Hmm.. I still remember you trying to defend that. As if ND is always right and the customer is always wrong. Bad business ethos especially when the customer can't possibly be wrong.

 

Most people are playing competitive now... I wonder why... Maybe it's because co-op was neglected right? 2 addiotons vs 15 patches which all included CMP updates. You couldn't possibly tell us it hasn't been neglected when the numbers don't lie.

We know you wont add new modes however.


The only answers we need is to these questions:

 

Will you fix the co-op bugs?

Will you add a round adjuster into the custom game settings?

 

There are probably more.



Message 222 of 328 (320 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/04/2010
Online
1440 posts
 

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: October edition

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

DaltonioSpidey94 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

DaltonioSpidey94 wrote:

You guys are never happy with anything, are you? Smiley Frustrated


when did you get into this??

 


a few seconds ago


Everyone be cool. We all have our favorite skins and not every time those skins make it into a game. It's just how things shake out. 


  • Why are Daniel Pinkerton's and Rika Raja's voice actors listed in the credits at the end of the singleplayer campaign of UC3 if they are not in the game?

 

  • You said there won't be new skins...how about adding the heist backpack and gloves to Flynn, Zorskel mask for Dragan etc. as customization parts instead of a new skin? Is that in the realm of possibility?

 


------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------





Message 223 of 328 (320 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/13/2010
Offline
258 posts
 

Re: Updated with Answers! Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: October edition

Oct 11, 2012
This is what you call 'communication' ND. Smiley Very Happy
Photobucket
Message 224 of 328 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/13/2010
Offline
258 posts
 

Re: Updated with Answers! Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: October edition

Oct 11, 2012
You should add a chat room for events like this. lol

*cant edit my other post, im using my phone.
Photobucket
Message 225 of 328 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/26/2010
Offline
2290 posts
 

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: October edition

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

mario507 wrote:

JD-- wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:
We added Shade Co-Op Survival and Fort Adventure.

 

I mean that most people are playing competitive as opposed to co-op. It's really always been that way but it's more pronounced now at this point in the game lifecycle. 


That's nice and all. The Shade Survival needs many updates to "fix" it.

 

The Fort Adventure wasn't "new." Just different characters in a different situation.

 

The MP got: 

  • 3 map packs
  • Constant Lab Updates
  • Classic Mode
  •  New Treasure Sets
  • CONSTANT updates and weapon changes and "nerfs"

Co-Op is getting more and more attention, why not just shed some light on us all for a bit and direct, maybe, patch 1.16 to address all co-op related stuff?


 That's exactly what new is. What did you expect, new and revolutionary gameplay?

They already said they weren't going to do anything with CO-OP so just accept it, or you can make a going away thread like everyone seems to do nowadays lol.


Nope, I wasn't expecting rev. gameplay. I was expecting a new level or something a bit more than an implemented level from UC1.

 

Why accept it? So your beloved multiplayer will get more attention? How about you not poke into other people's business and keep your mouth shut, thanks.

Message 226 of 328 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 07/09/2011
Offline
598 posts
 

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: October edition

Oct 11, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

It's not neglect. We added this to co-op and tweaked a lot of it earlier on. We're just focusing on what most people are playing now that game has nearly been out for a year. Your play has guided our attention in that regard. 


If you gave Co-op more attention, its player pool would be bigger. It's not that difficult to figure out.


I am the one who knocks.
Message 227 of 328 (310 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/02/2011
Online
2377 posts
 

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: October edition

Oct 11, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Eric will you guys at least look into adding more skins?? namely Wetsuit Elena and the Heist ones?? I'll at least be happy with a confirmation you'll look into it


It's very unlikely we will be adding any new skins. There's always a possibility but it's extremely unlikely. 


So, you're happy that there's a Wetsuit Drake and no Wetsuit Elena? Are you at least going to fix Elena's bald patch on all her skins? Or even let us use her hats on her good skins?
Pepsi
Message 228 of 328 (301 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7528 posts
 

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: October edition

Oct 11, 2012

SjShane wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Eric will you guys at least look into adding more skins?? namely Wetsuit Elena and the Heist ones?? I'll at least be happy with a confirmation you'll look into it


It's very unlikely we will be adding any new skins. There's always a possibility but it's extremely unlikely. 


So, you're happy that there's a Wetsuit Drake and no Wetsuit Elena? Are you at least going to fix Elena's bald patch on all her skins? Or even let us use her hats on her good skins?

lol bald patch that's a nice one Smiley Very Happy

 

Sleep Matt signature
Message 229 of 328 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/13/2010
Offline
258 posts
 

Re: Updated with Answers! Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: October edition

Oct 11, 2012
Are we really getting stat hats toggle?
Photobucket
Message 230 of 328 (389 Views)
0 Likes