Fender Bender
3341 posts

Re: VGX's World Premieres Thread - December 7th

Dec 10, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
If I'm correct, people were complaining about the FHC in this game, specifically map packs. Plans can change regardless of obligation.

You are missing 'The Point. Yes people complained about the FHC, but the end of the day ND still had to provide content to justify the season pass & they will have to do the same with TLOU whether they change their plans or not a SP DLC & Another MP pack will be released. 

And you're missing my point. They can opt to do their obligation poorly just so some demographic gets what that demographic "deserves". Yeah, you guys got your FHC, correct? No problem there, except for that map pack you guys were asking.

What I'm saying, if it wasn't clear, is that we might make TLOU suck for TLOU fans just because we think we deserve more from ND. It's selfish.

Not to be rude but you actually don't have a point. The original topic of the discussion was ' ND will still continue to support TLOU well into next year & I gave a concrete reason why they will & have to because of the season pass. However way they choose to go about delivering the content is not important since ND did not give distinct details as to what will be in the next MP DLC unlike with the FHC so technically whatever they give out will simply have to be accepted.

Lastly ND is a business, & they can't put a game development on hold just so their fanbase playing a certain game doesn't feel shafted. That's like Apple not investing in R&D immediately after they release an iPhone.

Message 101 of 115 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 10, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
If I'm correct, people were complaining about the FHC in this game, specifically map packs. Plans can change regardless of obligation.

You are missing 'The Point. Yes people complained about the FHC, but the end of the day ND still had to provide content to justify the season pass & they will have to do the same with TLOU whether they change their plans or not a SP DLC & Another MP pack will be released. 

And you're missing my point. They can opt to do their obligation poorly just so some demographic gets what that demographic "deserves". Yeah, you guys got your FHC, correct? No problem there, except for that map pack you guys were asking.

What I'm saying, if it wasn't clear, is that we might make TLOU suck for TLOU fans just because we think we deserve more from ND. It's selfish.

Not to be rude but you actually don't have a point. The original topic of the discussion was ' ND will still continue to support TLOU well into next year & I gave a concrete reason why they will & have to because of the season pass. However way they choose to go about delivering the content is not important since ND did not give distinct details as to what will be in the next MP DLC unlike with the FHC so technically whatever they give out will simply have to be accepted.

Lastly ND is a business, & they can't put a game development on hold just so their fanbase playing a certain game doesn't feel shafted. That's like Apple not investing in R&D immediately after they release an iPhone.

Okay then, but I wasn't saying that they should stop with UC4. That's stupid, they have a teaser trailer so now they have to follow through. UC4 is most likely mid to late 2015 because they're still supporting TLOU, as you said.  Is that what you thought I was implying, that they stop with UC4?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 102 of 115 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2112 posts

Dec 10, 2013

Is it really that hard to believe that Naughty Dog split into two different large teams to work on two separate franchise's?

One team works on Uncharted series and the other works on The Last of Us series now when other games start to be made by the company one of the two teams will have to stop working on one of the game series to create whatever comes next whether it is a new game or a Jak and Dexter sequel.

I really don't think that the team that worked on Uncharted 3 helped work on The Last of Us.

Two teams means more games, which means more cash for Naughty Dog and isn't that what it's all about for Playstation's number 1 studio?

Team two can handle The Last of Us DLC just fine, while the Uncharted team has been working on Uncharted since they returned to the office after their Uncharted 3 break.

Uncharted will be coming out October/November 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 103 of 115 (460 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 10, 2013

Oh, I thought they were saying there aren't two teams before.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 104 of 115 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Dec 11, 2013

I hope for an Uncharted release next year but who knows?  The next Uncharted is still #1 on my list but I’m also interested in Thief and The Order (provided the reviews are good) so as long as ND takes their time and get the next Uncharted installment right, I’m okay with that.  I’ll have to consider final release dates of all these titles as well as the availability of the PS4 version 2.0 in considering when to move up.  I’m not in a huge rush.

As far as concrete details on the game and a release date, I’m using TLoU as my yardstick now.  They didn’t announce a release date for TLoU that far in advance AND details on the multiplayer were virtually non-existent.  From a technical standpoint, I think the TLoU MP is superior to Uncharted 3’s and while I still find UC3 more fun, I think it’s because the game itself is more lighthearted.  I bought TLoU for the SP and was quite pleasantly surprised with the MP.

I’m not that concerned about an announced release date (for 2014) unless we get into well in the second quarter of next year.  The fact that ND admitted announcing the UC3 release date so far in advance was a mistake (a very rare occurrence for them) and given the TLoU experience, I think they’re playing things close to the vest more than ever.

Same thing goes for lack of game details…not at all indicative of lack of progress…it’s been over two years so unless the whole Uncharted team’s been on vacation/sabbatical, they must have done something (quite a bit, I reckon).

And all this talk of supporting TLoU…there are two teams and TLoU is released.  I can’t imagine it would take a full team to produce quality DLC - the “heavy lifting” development work should be done and if not, that’s poor planning on ND’s part.  Beyond that, ongoing support definitely should not be a full team. 

Finally, having the two teams shouldn’t mean that no one ever works on the other.  It would be a very good idea (not only for ND but for us, the gaming community) for some of the TLoU team to work on Uncharted to give them dev experience on the PS4…which will make the TLoU team’s next game that much better.

I’m still optimistic about a 2014 release but in the end, as long as the game is awesome when it finally does get released, isn’t that all matters? Smiley Happy

Message 105 of 115 (411 Views)
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Dec 11, 2013

Joshuaalt wrote:

Is it really that hard to believe that Naughty Dog split into two different large teams to work on two separate franchise's?

One team works on Uncharted series and the other works on The Last of Us series now when other games start to be made by the company one of the two teams will have to stop working on one of the game series to create whatever comes next whether it is a new game or a Jak and Dexter sequel.

I really don't think that the team that worked on Uncharted 3 helped work on The Last of Us.

Two teams means more games, which means more cash for Naughty Dog and isn't that what it's all about for Playstation's number 1 studio?

Team two can handle The Last of Us DLC just fine, while the Uncharted team has been working on Uncharted since they returned to the office after their Uncharted 3 break.

Uncharted will be coming out October/November 2014

you state multiple things as facts while they aren't facts at all...

1) one team works indeed on Uncharted, but it's not confirmed that the other team is working on a The Last of Us sequel

2) team 2 is actually the Uncharted team, not The Last of Us team, because The Last of Us team is the Uncharted 2 team, with some people of that team moved to the newly created team 2 that started working on Uncharted 3 and is now working on Uncharted on PS4

3) it is not confirmed at all that Uncharted will be released october/november 2014...

Message 106 of 115 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2112 posts

Dec 12, 2013
I'm just saying that it isn't hard to believe that the two teams are working on two different games. I would be never surprised if Uncharted didn't come out 4th quarter 2014.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 107 of 115 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Naughty Paw
11611 posts

Dec 12, 2013
Message 108 of 115 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11611 posts

Dec 17, 2013

https://twitter.com/ToddStashwick/st...53660281991168

HE IS WEARING A **bleep** RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 109 of 115 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2013
that blank in his tweet is probably meant to say nate. As in "hurry nate! theres no time!"
Message 110 of 115 (319 Views)
0 Likes