Aug 04 2012
By: Shadow-Man_4 Treasure Hunter 4836 posts

Victims of the EULA - ND needs your help.

[ Edited ]
62 replies 1034 views Edited Aug 4, 2012

Hi everyone.

I know many threads are already created regarding the common "EULA" bug, but from what I've seen, few people share the details here and there and I wanted to create a thread for all stories in order to help ND fix this once and for all.

Well, what I want you guys to do is help me spread the word, technical fixes should get the top priority, and we should let ND acknowledge this. Lots of people were reset, and some even more than once, yet ND has not done a single thing to fix this.

Two new legacies are coming with the next patch, and it sucks to be reset at this time. Imagine all your rare treasure sets gone for absolutely no reason at all. You just wake up, connect to MP and bam, you're reset. Please help me notify ND, as it is a serious issue that should really get attention.

Now, what I need you to post here, is the following: (these information I'm providing are examples of the info I'm looking for)

• Model of the PS3 system: PS3 Slim 320GB
  • PSN account affected: Shadow-Man_4
  • PSN region: US.
  • How long you were playing when the issue occured: ~240 hours
  • How many times have this happened? Once.
  • Did it happen to you in any of the previous betas and/or UC2? Yes/No
  • Do you have all DLCs, or some of them, and which ones if so? All DLCs / FBMP #2 only / etc.
  • Were you in a party? No.
  • Did the system crash? If yes, are the sounds still present, or no sounds were present? System didn't crash / Crashed and only screen was affected, sounds were present..
  • If crashed, did you get "System was not turned off properly last time you played, system will restore"? No/Yes - explain.
  • If you didn't crash, did you leave the MP to the Main Menu, or just quit game without leaving MP? Quit game / Leave MP then quit game / Turn off PS3 without leaving MP / etc
  • Is Facebook Integration on? Yes/No
  • When did you get reset? 24/7/2011/ etc.
  • Download and upload speed: 2MBPS Download and 512kbps Upload.
  • Extra details: ___________________________

Please cooperate with me, I'm just doing this to help you guys who got reset and also to those who are about to. You never know, I may be the next victim of the error. Please provide as much details as you possibly can and if you have any suggestions as to what other questions I need to include in the OP please post 'em!

Spread the word, and I'll try to PM a few ND staff to review and keep up to date with news from this thread.The only purpose of this thread is to help ND fix this issue. Keep it positive and I hope a fix is on the way!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 63 (1,034 Views)
Fender Bender
4172 posts

Re: Victims of the EULA - Post details here!

Aug 4, 2012

If I could find the thread I made when I was reset in Feb I would post...

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign
Message 2 of 63 (1,015 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
597 posts

Aug 4, 2012

If we didn't have 20 other stickied threads, I'd recommend the mods sticky this one. This is a really good idea!

I am the one who knocks.
Message 3 of 63 (1,014 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

Aug 4, 2012
On the form should be a question about whether or not you got reset in July/October 2011. :smileywink:
Message 4 of 63 (990 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 4, 2012

Um, why is nobody posting their details here? You'd think people would want to try and make sure nobody else gets the EULA...

Message 5 of 63 (943 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Aug 4, 2012

I thought people would be interested.. now nobody wants the EULA fixed?

Message 6 of 63 (904 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Aug 4, 2012

OK then here goes

model PS3 slim 160gb

model# CECH 3001A

Account affected DAWN92191

PS Region USA

how long: just turn on

previous betas/versions: NO

happened only once not on other accounts

I have all the DLC

was not in a party, it was just turned on

system did not crash

it happened when he pressed the play online tab, just before you get to the online lobby

can't use facebook integration on that account

It reset on Friday August 3, 2012

I appreciate what ur trying 2 do.  My son said he had a friend that this had happened 2 and they restored his account the next day

Message 7 of 63 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Aug 4, 2012

Sice71 wrote:

it happened when he pressed the play online tab, just before you get to the online lobby

I mean, when you finished playing the last time before the EULA appeared, how did you quit the MP? Did you leave the MP screen all the way to the main menu, pressed quit game or turn off PS3?

Message 8 of 63 (880 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
929 posts

Aug 4, 2012

He left the MP by pressing the circle button like your supposed to, then quit the game, then turned off the PS3

Message 9 of 63 (872 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Aug 4, 2012

Sice71 wrote:

He left the MP by pressing the circle button like your supposed to, then quit the game, then turned off the PS3

Ok, here's a point we should investigate.I want to know if all people used this way to quit the game, insetad of just pressing "quit game" from the MP menu without going back to the main menu.

Did you get it in Uncharted 2 or any of the Uncharted 3 Betas?

Message 10 of 63 (862 Views)
0 Likes