Sep 22 2013
By: Jonanaman Monster Hunter 33 posts

Weapon Expert Combinations

15 replies 370 views Edited Sep 22, 2013

Hey, not many interesting topics lately and haven't seen a specific thread about this that doesn't involve necrobumping.

So, what are your favorite weapon combinations with Weapon Expert? Which do you think works the best?

For example, with the AK, accuracy with clip size, or reload speed? 

Clip size is handy if you miss one or 2 shots, or you're in a fight with 3 people. However, the AK has a really slow reload speed. 

Same goes for the G-MAL

Honestly, I prefer clipsize on the AK, and on the G-MAL accompanied with accuracy. However, with M9  reload speed is always better.

tl;dr what do you use with Weapon Expert?

Message 1 of 16 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Re: Weapon Expert Combinations

Sep 22, 2013

I don't use WepEx, but I would imagine I would use...

KAL ROF + Reload Speed

AK Accuracy + Reload Speed

GMAL Accuracy + Reload Speed

I far prefer reload speed to clip size, I just...do.

Do you feel me?

Message 2 of 16 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Sep 22, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

I don't use WepEx, but I would imagine I would use...

KAL ROF + Reload Speed

AK Accuracy + Reload Speed

GMAL Accuracy + Reload Speed

I far prefer reload speed to clip size, I just...do.

Reload speed on the G-mal though, I've just found that when I'm bombarded with M9's from a distance it helps a lot to get those last few bursts in before having to reload. 

Message 3 of 16 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20289 posts

Sep 22, 2013
The only thing I ever use Weapon Expert for is:

KAL-7 Rate of Fire + Blindfire Accuracy
Dragon Sniper Clip Size + Reload Speed (for Raffica-Dragon trick)

Otherwise, Weapon Expert is pretty much useless, especially since picking up another weapon makes the booster completely useless.

I advise you to use it with a combination and a weapon you know you'll be sticking with most of the time. If you plan on using power weapons a lot, then avoid this booster.
Message 4 of 16 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2392 posts

Sep 22, 2013
Don't use Weapon Expert much, but I love AK-47's Accuracy with either Scope Zoom, Clip Size or Reload Speed, and Tau with RoF and Reload Speed is an amazing gun to go with it. I have also had fun using Dragon with Clip Size and Call Out.
Pepsi
Message 5 of 16 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Sep 22, 2013

i don't use weapon expert, i have to stick with my scoped-in - just use g-mal with accuracy (probably an overkill with the scoped-in and accuracy, but whatever)

Message 6 of 16 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Sep 22, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

Otherwise, Weapon Expert is pretty much useless, especially since picking up another weapon makes the booster completely useless.

I advise you to use it with a combination and a weapon you know you'll be sticking with most of the time. If you plan on using power weapons a lot, then avoid this booster.

What's with all the KAL'S? lol.

Using daredevil garuntees unlimited ammo, and I barely use power weapons

Message 7 of 16 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20289 posts

Sep 22, 2013

Jonanaman wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

What's with all the KAL'S? lol.

Using daredevil garuntees unlimited ammo, and I barely use power weapons

My KAL-7 class does come with Daredevil as well, since you'll be running out of that ammo extremely quickly if you use Rate of Fire.

The KAL-7 is a unique case of the weapons, since it benefits a lot from the weapon mods given to it and a lot of Slot 1 boosters do not help this weapon out. Cloaked is a good choice, but other than that, there isn't much left besides Weapon Expert. Not to mention that the playstyle you'll be executing does not benefit from power weapons, although you can use them if you'd like.

It's in such a position that Weapon Expert is one of the best choices for it.

Message 8 of 16 (331 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Sep 22, 2013
The only time I use WE is for the G-MAL. If I'm not using Elena's, then I use ACC/RS. I understand how CS has the potential to be more helpful than RS, but I still have to go with RS. Even if I only fire a shot or two, I still always reload my weapon, constantly. And without RS, I often find myself habitually reloading (slowly) and run into an enemy around the corner unprepared.
Message 9 of 16 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Sep 22, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
The only time I use WE is for the G-MAL. If I'm not using Elena's, then I use ACC/RS. I understand how CS has the potential to be more helpful than RS, but I still have to go with RS. Even if I only fire a shot or two, I still always reload my weapon, constantly. And without RS, I often find myself habitually reloading (slowly) and run into an enemy around the corner unprepared.

Yeah, just used clip size and it was pree bad. Also, with the AK and G-MAL, I never, ever notice a difference with accuracy, incuding when I'm using FAL. Never helps me, or at least doesn't help enough. Kinda miss scoped in on G-mal. 

Message 10 of 16 (314 Views)
0 Likes