Nov 02 2011
By: Aimanem Sackboy 464 posts

Weapon Expert Lv. 3

29 replies 1376 views Edited Nov 2, 2011

I upgraded Weapon Expert to level 3 today. It was pretty **bleep** easy and wow, what a great booster. Level 2 requires 8 Gunslinger medals. I picked the Arm Micro with the Clip Size and Rate of Fire mods and got all 8 in one Team Objective match. It's not really overpowered FYI. Level 3 requires 15 Triple Threat medals which I got in a few Team Objective and Plunder matches. It was a lot easier to get them in Plunder.

Anyway, I tested out a few different mod combinations and I had some interesting results (some better than others):

AK: Reload Speed/Accuracy - Was okay, but not as good as I expected. I'll try again tomorrow and see how well it works out

M9: Reload Speed/Rate of Fire - Much better than I expected. It tends to get a little out of control sometimes, but that usually just ended up giving me more headshots than usual. 

G-MAL: Reload Speed/Accuracy - As Sully would say: Goddamn. This is unbelievable. For those of you who are G-MAL users, I totally recommend this over all of the character weapons. 

Arm Micro: Clip Size/Rate of Fire - it's pretty good. Not breathtaking or anything, but it gets the job done.

Para 9: Clip Size/Accuracy - Definitely recommend this. I didn't have much of a chance to really mess around with it, but so far so good. Maybe some of you would rather have better blindfire accuracy instead of the bigger clip size, but I used this with the M9 which has great blindfire accuracy. This was meant as more of a long range weapon.

Raffica Pistol: Accuracy/Blindfire Accuracy - I used this with the Dragon Sniper and got some interesting results. With Weapon Expert lv. 2, you can switch between weapons (much) faster. The weapons now literally just switch places and there's no switch animation by the characters. I would aim at someone a few feet away, shoot them with the Raffica Pistol a couple of times and, while still holding down L1, press Triangle to switch to the Dragon Sniper and immediately pressed R1 and got away with a snipe. Works very well. Takes a little practice, but it's very useful.

I didn't try the Tau Sniper, FAL-SS or KAL-7. I don't use the KAL, so I don't plan on testing out the Blindifre Accuracy/Rate of Fire mod combinations.

Also, the Rate of Fire mods destroy ammunition. So, I recommend using Daredevil or Ammo Award when using a RoF mod.

Message 8 of 30 (1,376 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
791 posts

Good stuff.     Unfortunately (maybe fortunately) Level 3...

Nov 2, 2011

Good stuff.  

Unfortunately (maybe fortunately) Level 3 Fleet foot is too elite to not use it.  I could see myself using Weapon Expert level 3 to mod the Gmal with Accuracy and Reload speed. But thats about it since the difference between FF level 3 and not equipping it is big.

Message 1 of 30 (1,376 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1595 posts

Clip size is a waste for pistols and for most guns Pro Ti...

Nov 2, 2011
Clip size is a waste for pistols and for most guns

Pro Tip: The only time you should have clipsize is if your also have the rapid fire mod.
Message 2 of 30 (1,376 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1595 posts

What does level 3 do again?

Nov 2, 2011

What does level 2 do again?

Message 3 of 30 (1,376 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
791 posts

allows you to switch between long guns and hand guns quicker

Nov 2, 2011

allows you to switch between long guns and hand guns quicker

Message 4 of 30 (1,376 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
428 posts

Subject

Nov 2, 2011

h0ristepdad wrote:

What does level 2 do again?

Switch between guns faster? Atleast in beta that was level 2.

Message 5 of 30 (1,376 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2004 posts

I think I'll be using G-MAL with Accuracy and Magazine si...

Nov 2, 2011

I think I'll be using G-MAL with Accuracy and Magazine size mod as well as the Micro with ROF and Blindfire accuracy for defense.

That, or I'll just stick with Fleet Foot, Sully's Micro did a pretty okay job defending my honor against hipfire noobs most of the time.

Message 6 of 30 (1,376 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Yeah, I’ll be sticking with FF for my main loadout with t...

Nov 2, 2011

FU_TimeWarner wrote:

Good stuff.  

Unfortunately (maybe fortunately) Level 3 Fleet foot is too elite to not use it.  I could see myself using Weapon Expert level 3 to mod the Gmal with Accuracy and Reload speed. But thats about it since the difference between FF level 3 and not equipping it is big.

Yeah, I’ll be sticking with FF for my main loadout with the Naughty Dog AK. I’m definitely using Weapon Expert with my Sniper though. I already camped my ass off just to get Scoped In to level 2, but now they want 20-something more Long Ranger medals? Forget that lol

Also, due to the nature of the G-MAL, I would still recommend using Weapon Expert over Fleet Foot, just because it's not the type of gun you really strafe with, and because of it's lack of blindfire accuracy, switching weapons as quick as possible is a must.

And IMO for long guns Reload Speed > Clip Size. Chances are, you'll shoot someone a couple of times, they'll run, you'll reload and have a full clip the next time you see them.

Message 7 of 30 (1,376 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
672 posts

Pistol reload speed is fast enough as it is so clip size...

Nov 2, 2011

h0ristepdad wrote:
Clip size is a waste for pistols and for most guns

Pro Tip: The only time you should have clipsize is if your also have the rapid fire mod.

Pistol reload speed is fast enough as it is so clip size is really only useful for pistols. For long guns, reload speed is better than clip size for just about any gun (except maybe the Dragon). With rapid fire + clip size, you'd be screwed if you get caught reloading so I'd still take reload speed over clip size even with rapid fire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - Pat_on_your_back
Message 9 of 30 (1,376 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2110 posts

I upgraded it to LV3 yesterday and it was time consuming...

Nov 2, 2011
I upgraded it to LV3 yesterday and it was time consuming from LV2-LV3 but it is in my Main Loadout. M9 Moded with Rapid Fire and Reload Speed, it's a beast plus I'm using LV3 Ammo Award so even though I'm going through bullets fast I get around 26 bullets ever three kills which isn't bad.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 30 (1,376 Views)
0 Likes