Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: Weekly Challenge

Jan 7, 2014

I started using a Cloaked Stat Hat after 1.18 when I couldn't use Cloaked+TS, now I use TS+Cloaked Stat Hat. I didn't like the fact that they were in the game either but once they took my Cloaked+TS, I didn't care anymore.

Exposed, Double Damage and Call out can be annoying for me, so what better way to eliminate it then with Cloaked Level 1 as a third booster? 

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s :smileyhappy:
Message 51 of 60 (221 Views)
Fender Bender
2448 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2014

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:
Ugh, don't even get me started on Cloaked Stat Hats. In fact, don't even get me started on stat hats in general. You have 2 Boosters and lots of mods on your guns, use those - not some hat that gives you a cheap advantage.

Cloaked Stat Hat / Accessories FTW tho! :smileyvery-happy: 

Especially after them placing TS in slot 1. 

Message 52 of 60 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Jan 7, 2014

TheStuntDouble wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Does anyone really use Call Out? These days?

Plus almost everyone uses a cloaked hat these days.

I thought Call Out was bad since, to paraphrase people from 2011-2012, it gets kills stolen, and therefore not helpful to myself. It's helpful to the team, though. Just not you.

Anyway, the only way people even use that is character weapons.

I'm gonna try this theory today & see if I get my kills stolen more than the usual.

Besides Call Out only last for a few seconds I doubt it really matters since most people ignore it or isn't even aware.

Message 53 of 60 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Jan 7, 2014

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

I started using a Cloaked Stat Hat after 1.18 when I couldn't use Cloaked+TS, now I use TS+Cloaked Stat Hat. I didn't like the fact that they were in the game either but once they took my Cloaked+TS, I didn't care anymore.

Exposed, Double Damage and Call out can be annoying for me, so what better way to eliminate it then with Cloaked Level 1 as a third booster? 

Precisely now if only they had made cloaked accessories for Flynn & Eddy :smileytongue:

Message 54 of 60 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2132 posts

Jan 7, 2014
If Call Out is overpowered, then so is using a mic and telling your team where an enemy is located. Call Out promotes team work and aiming, it also gives the player using it no advantages, unless they are playing for a win.

Besides, the red tag only lasts about one second after aiming at someone, so if you're running away you will still go unnoticed.

SA promoted camping, shotgun hogging and blindfire. Like Ping and Listen Mode, it gave you a huge advantage that cannot be used with any other methods.
Pepsi
Message 55 of 60 (207 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 7, 2014

SjShane wrote:
If Call Out is overpowered, then so is using a mic and telling your team where an enemy is located. Call Out promotes team work and aiming, it also gives the player using it no advantages, unless they are playing for a win.

Besides, the red tag only lasts about one second after aiming at someone, so if you're running away you will still go unnoticed.

SA promoted camping, shotgun hogging and blindfire. Like Ping and Listen Mode, it gave you a huge advantage that cannot be used with any other methods.

I understand what you mean. Maybe that is why people say that SA is OP and Callout isn't when they're pretty much the same thing except one lets yourself see up close (SA) and the other lets your entire team see from a distance (CO). 

Call Out is really helpful. If you have a decent enough team, all you really need is one second to let them know where a player is. His/Her temporary location is now exposed and every one can narrow down the place he/she is or even where they are going so they can get the jump on him/her.

I'm not saying that Call Out is OP, I'm just saying that Call Out is basically an improved version of SA because of the distance and the amount of people who can see. I'm not saying that SA is OP either, it's actually useless for me because camping isn't my playstyle, Rapid Hands FTW. 

But you do have a point, I haven't seen anyone use SA that doesn't camp. But I think that the shotgun is another 'camp friendly' tool. I mean even without SA, how many times have you been killed by a shotgunner in the LU tunnel before the gate was put in?

Message 56 of 60 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13525 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2014

I use Elena's G-MAL.. It has Call Out. I don't care if my team take the kills. It's a team game, the objective is to win, the objective isn't my personal glory or ego.

Sure sometimes I don't use it, Depends on the map. Large map I'll go with a sniper with Call Out sometimes too. If It's a small map Call Out isn't important, everyone is right next to each other with sprint anyway. It makes Cloaked, Call Out, or any visibility/invisibility booster absolutely pointless.

Message 57 of 60 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2132 posts

Jan 8, 2014
@egyptian_camel98 I can agree Call Out is extreamly useful at times, more so than a few other weapon mods, but anything that supports team work shouldn't be deemed overpowered in my opinion. There's too much of a DIY attitude in this game, so for me, supporting a team of randoms is just as rewarding as carrying the team. From what I've seen, Call Out is only extremely useful for average players and newbies (Well, the newbies that know what the icon means), you can already see when a team mate is in combat by looking at the yellow arrows, and green crosses give you a basic idea on where some enemies might be located, so even without Call Out, decent players will know where to go to hunt you down.

Yeah, shotguns will always support camping strategies, but in UC2 most SA users just camped high priority areas while pressing Up and spinning the camera. So for me personally, I have found the camping in this game more bearable.
Pepsi
Message 58 of 60 (182 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 8, 2014

SjShane wrote:
@egyptian_camel98 I can agree Call Out is extremely useful at times, more so than a few other weapon mods, but anything that supports team work shouldn't be deemed overpowered in my opinion. There's too much of a DIY attitude in this game, so for me, supporting a team of randoms is just as rewarding as carrying the team. From what I've seen, Call Out is only extremely useful for average players and newbies (Well, the newbies that know what the icon means), you can already see when a team mate is in combat by looking at the yellow arrows, and green crosses give you a basic idea on where some enemies might be located, so even without Call Out, decent players will know where to go to hunt you down.

Yeah, shotguns will always support camping strategies, but in UC2 most SA users just camped high priority areas while pressing Up and spinning the camera. So for me personally, I have found the camping in this game more bearable.

Reload Speed and Call Out are probably the two most helpful weapon mods, imo anyways.

Sometimes, I will use call out, but only with players who know how to play. I tried using call out before with a team of beginners vs. average players and all I did was give free kills to the other team because of them rushing too much. 

Don't take what I said differently though. Just in case you didn't know, I never said SA was OP, I just said that it was basically a Situational Awareness 2.0. 

I don't even see campers in UC3 anymore, only in FFA when I run into Alts. They will camp their **bleep** off to protect their precious stats.   -_-

Message 59 of 60 (179 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 10, 2014
New weekly challenge: 5NA with FAL and/or Raff.

Good luck to all, send me the cinema files if you'd like :smileyhappy:
Bang Bang!

Message 60 of 60 (151 Views)
0 Likes