Mar 29 2013
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3702 posts

Were Naughty Dog Cocksure?

4 replies 217 views Edited Mar 29, 2013

I think the main downfall fof this game especially the MP was down to their arrogance and thinking it will draw all other hardcore gamers from games like COD etc to dith their beloved games and jumo into the Uncharted 3 MP.

The BETA had a LOT of players from all over the world, even non Uncharted fans came in their droves. Had we had the BETA as the P2P since the begining along with a neat BALANCED MP then their cocksureness would paid off.

Thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3863 posts

Re: Were Naughty Dog Cocksure?

Mar 29, 2013

I presume the summer beta but which beta are you referring to?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3702 posts

Mar 29, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

I presume the summer beta but which beta are you referring to?

The Summer BETA, the Subway failed IMO. Not just on advertizing but also making it exclusively for Americans. The Summer BETA was NOSTALGIC

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (209 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17688 posts

Mar 29, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:

The BETA had a LOT of players from all over the world, even non Uncharted fans came in their droves. Had we had the BETA as the P2P since the begining along with a neat BALANCED MP then their cocksureness would paid off.

Thoughts?

I'm sorry for being negative here, but the beta was free for Playstation Plus users, which everyone was at the time due to the gift from the PSN's down time. :smileywink:

I wish that Uncharted had added things to the game, but not change the core way of playing that UC2 had. UC2 was fun because you had to be careful and aiming was your main way of winning. I liked how the game was at a slower pace in the Summer Beta, definitely. If I had to bring back 1 thing from that beta, it would be the slow pace and sprint physics (okay, these two go hand in hand :smileytongue:); aiming was useful, but blindfire was also useful if you saw yourself in a very close range situation.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

Mar 29, 2013
^
Uncharted 3 summer beta was so much better than current Uncharted 3 because of that very reason; the game's pace was closer to Uncharted 2 because of how sprint was.

Then they **bleep**d it up and brought a CoD pace, whose gratuitous and instant gratification can be satisfactory for the first weeks, but soon begins to get stale. Uncharted 2 never got stale because it was not just raaaawwwrr run and gun sprint default speed.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (174 Views)
0 Likes