Jan 05 2014
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts
Accepted Solution

What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

77 replies 595 views Edited Jan 5, 2014

Please ND....please please please for the love of god PLEASE in Uncharted 4, if a player has a bad connection instead of him being able to literally do impossible things like melee through solid objects just let their character freeze up and not function at all.  

I'm trying to replay Uncharted MP because of how much I enjoyed it in the past, but it's a hollow shell of what it once was and is completely ruined by people in other countries with terrible lag that get to do impossible things.  

Message 1 of 78 (595 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Re: What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

Jan 5, 2014

Gold, please don't tell me you've returned to the forums to do the exact same things you have always done before

Sleep Matt signature
Message 2 of 78 (593 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 5, 2014
Try to make the uncharted experience better? Well I guess then yes I'm back to do just that.

why can't they just make the game work the way it should. If you're stealing wifi from mcdonalds across the street and getting .3 MBPS download you shouldn't be able to shoot one bullet and kill a man. You should barely be able to even play.
Message 3 of 78 (588 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 5, 2014
But in all actuality though steep, this is a huge concern for uncharted 2, 3 and even the last of us. We have community members that would probably still be playing this game TODAY if people with .5 or lower download and 150+ ms ping didn't run the game. I know some of these people have skill but they shouldn't be allowed to perform 100% better in every aspect simply because the game is designed to make you do impossible things when you lag like meleeing through solid objects or being able to move around the map without slowing down like your character naturally does when vaulting over cover.

I feel if they modeled the blind fire system more around what it was in Uncharted 2, where it wasn't so over powered at close to mid range and they dealt with people with bad internet the way they should be dealt with, then we'd see a fantastic multiplayer that would be able to keep a large number of people playing for a much greater time.

No **bleep**, no raging, no whining, no crying...I just straight up would love to be able to play uncharted even today...I have a ps4 and next gen games and I still just want to play some uncharted multiplayer no matter how dated it does feel. The only thing stopping me from having an amazing time is the absurd amount of super powers players get when they lag, and how hindered you are when you have a good connection.

I don't want to see Uncharted 4 turn out like this. I'd love to be able to play it 2 to 5 years after it's launched. Rather than playing it for 6 solid months and then leaving because of attrocious lag and coming back from time to time wondering why it couldn't just be better.
Message 4 of 78 (578 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2014

Yes it is true but what will complaining about it do? it probably will not change in UC4 either.....just wait and see is all it's very simple no need to complain Smiley Happy (That's what I meant you always did before by the way in case you're wondering)

Sleep Matt signature
Message 5 of 78 (572 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 5, 2014

SteepMatt wrote:

Yes it is true but what will complaining about it do? it probably will not change in UC4 either.....just wait and see is all it's very simple no need to complain 

It probably won't change, but be can (and should) try to ensure it does. 

Message 6 of 78 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Jan 5, 2014

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/FEEDBACK-REQUEST-Matchmaking-Chang...

From the looks of this thread, Naughty Dog did take note from all the complaints they've received about lag in their games and they try to improve it. Yeah too little too late I know, but let's just hope they will do it right in Uncharted 4 and actually punish people that have a bad unstable connection instead of giving them an advantage.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 78 (529 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

Jan 5, 2014

I've learned from my experience with TLoU multiplayer...because advance details were so thin, I had virtually no expectations for mp and I was very pleasantly surprised with what ND delivered.  Patch 1.18 for UC3 was also encouraging - indicative that ND is on the right track.

I don't expect the next Uncharted mp will be perfect but I'm confident it will be improved.  What the next Uncharted needs is for the campaign to have a better story than UC3 - then if they deliver a solid mp (AND not so much of a nerf/buff cycle following release), that will justify the cost for me.

Lag itself is something ND can not control and I hope any measures they implement are not so draconian that I will no longer be able to game with my friends.  I live in Canada but many of my friends are in Europe or further removed (distance and time zone-wise).  Perhaps ping or region based matchmaking for public matches but custom matches that are more forgiving.

Message 8 of 78 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jan 5, 2014
Not everyone has great internet and not everyone lives right next door to each other. If someone is lagging so badly that the game is unplayable then just leave. There's nothing you can do about it.

Also, giving someone a handicap all because they don't have Grade A internet isn't fair. Also remember that if they lag, then all of YOUR bullets come out in bursts and you can punch through walls as well. Lag goes both ways.
Bang Bang!

Message 9 of 78 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Jan 5, 2014

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:
Not everyone has great internet and not everyone lives right next door to each other. If someone is lagging so badly that the game is unplayable then just leave. There's nothing you can do about it.

Also, giving someone a handicap all because they don't have Grade A internet isn't fair. Also remember that if they lag, then all of YOUR bullets come out in bursts and you can punch through walls as well. Lag goes both ways.

1. If someone is lagging on purpose or not they should be the ones at a disadvantage not the other way around. You're right about the fact that I can't do anything about it though. I do strongly suggest that the next Uncharted should have a ping filter and regional matchmaking.

2. This is not true, lag isn't always due to distance between players it can also occur when someone is on wireless internet with a weak signal, when someone is downloading torrents or using a lag switch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 78 (501 Views)
0 Likes