Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Re: What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

Jan 5, 2014
That's kinda what I meant in regards to your second point. Someone's internet might be bad for whatever reason but there's not much that can be done about it.
Bang Bang!

Message 11 of 78 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Jan 5, 2014

The first step is eliminating level based matchmaking past a certain level.

Sure level based for a certain amount of levels is fair, newbies getting owned by pros is lame.

But it needs to be wide open for everyone at a certain point and matchmaking needs to not only prioritize best connections. it needs to HAVE the best connected players in the matches.

Also the idea of anyone who is freezing they should be forced to not move. I agree.

Message 12 of 78 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3303 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2014

Dedicated servers, Regional Matchmaking, Real Ping filter search support is needed. Cut down on the over-compensation of lag compensation & please hire someone or get help from Guerrilla Games on how to do a proper netcode.

And people who have crappy internet shouldn't play online. I don't really care if everywhere & everyone won't be able to have Grade A internet that's not my prob, why should I & others suffer & have our fun compromised because of them & then they are usually the ones to trash talk.  

Or simple code the game so people with terrible Pings find each other.

Message 13 of 78 (396 Views)
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Level based matchmaking is a joke, it doesn't work since there are plenty of insecure statwhores that'll create an alt account and ruin matchmaking because of their low level. I've had plenty of times getting teamed up with alt accounts and literally destroying the other team with ease and the other way around as well which is really frustrating.

The legacy system isn't helping either it's one big flaw if someone never legacies he will always be in the team with the higher leveled players.

Prioritizing players with the best connection should be the way to go.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 78 (390 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jan 5, 2014
Nathan Drake. Uncharted 4 needs Nathan Drake.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 15 of 78 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Jan 5, 2014

Uncharted 4 needs Spyder.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 78 (376 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 5, 2014

SteepMatt wrote:

Yes it is true but what will complaining about it do? it probably will not change in UC4 either.....just wait and see is all it's very simple no need to complain Smiley Happy (That's what I meant you always did before by the way in case you're wondering)

The power of the community is everything.  We have the power to determine if this MP is a success and if we are all so displeased with what they're doing with the game and choose not to support it...they will do everything in their power to make sure it continues to get support.  

Sitting by wishing things got better isn't how you go about making things better.  

And it's true they want the game to continue to be supported and they could easily milk money out of people like me who would gladly support the game years after launch so long as the game functions properly.  But it doesn't.  

Game breaking lag is a massive cause of the hardcore players leaving.  It's not "I stopped playing uncharted because the weapon balance is odd" or "I stopped playing uncharted because I never get the maps I want"  

No one can deny that uncharted has some great game play.   Game play that's fun even 2 or more years after launch and I'd like to enjoy that experience again.  However I cannot, simply because a large portion of people who continue to play this game have bad internet, and instead of the game treating them in kind...for some reason the game is programmed to make you become super human when you lag.  

Message 17 of 78 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 5, 2014

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

I've learned from my experience with TLoU multiplayer...because advance details were so thin, I had virtually no expectations for mp and I was very pleasantly surprised with what ND delivered.  Patch 1.18 for UC3 was also encouraging - indicative that ND is on the right track.

I don't expect the next Uncharted mp will be perfect but I'm confident it will be improved.  What the next Uncharted needs is for the campaign to have a better story than UC3 - then if they deliver a solid mp (AND not so much of a nerf/buff cycle following release), that will justify the cost for me.

Lag itself is something ND can not control and I hope any measures they implement are not so draconian that I will no longer be able to game with my friends.  I live in Canada but many of my friends are in Europe or further removed (distance and time zone-wise).  Perhaps ping or region based matchmaking for public matches but custom matches that are more forgiving.

They can't control lag but they can definitely put an end to the injustices we see every MATCH.  

We don't need to go ahead and completely decapitate the MP system but clearly something can be done to at the very least dampen the advantages people have that do lag to kind of level the playing field.

In no other game do I see people fire a sniper riffle 10 feet to my left or right and get a kill.  In no other game do I see people melee through solid objects.  How do you design a game like that?  Where someone's character can literally slide through objects that should be solid if they lag?  No other game do I see people freeze and slide around.  No other game do I see bullets from a weapon come out of the barrel as if it were a jetstream.  

I mean, it's so bad people with terrible internet connections even end up moving faster than other people and don't have to stumble around due to map collision.  Instead of jumping onto a piece of cover and stumbling there for a sec they just move freely and never have to stop.  Never slow down even to stopping power.  

Message 18 of 78 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 5, 2014

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:
Not everyone has great internet and not everyone lives right next door to each other. If someone is lagging so badly that the game is unplayable then just leave. There's nothing you can do about it.

Also, giving someone a handicap all because they don't have Grade A internet isn't fair. Also remember that if they lag, then all of YOUR bullets come out in bursts and you can punch through walls as well. Lag goes both ways.

Isn't fair?  Not everyone needs the best internet in the whole world but when your internet is SO TERRIBLE that you start bending the reality that is set in stone for the game, such as meleeing someone through a solid object you shouldn't be allowed to play.  Simply as that.  

I myself moved, got a new router and the best internet I could afford.  How is it fair to me that even though I try so hard not to become the thing I hate most, that I still get to suffer from all of the crap?  

Technology is growing.  Having .5mbps isn't going to cover your every day internet needs, and it really shouldn't.  Surfing the net is about all you should be able to do.  Especially in online gaming.  Main complaints with games, especially ND games, is lag.  Which is caused by bad internet.  We'll never get lag to completely disappear but a good step into making MP a smooth and enjoyable experience is at the very least requiring a certain speed and even possibly ping.  

Message 19 of 78 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Dedicated servers, Regional Matchmaking, Real Ping filter search support is needed. Cut down on the over-compensation of lag compensation & please hire someone or get help from Guerrilla Games on how to do a proper netcode.

And people who have crappy internet shouldn't play online. I don't really care if everywhere & everyone won't be able to have Grade A internet that's not my prob, why should I & others suffer & have our fun compromised because of them & then they are usually the ones to trash talk.  

Or simple code the game so people with terrible Pings find each other.

Amen brother

asdf

edit:

another thing they need to borrow from GG is the free maps.  Whatever it takes to stop the community from splitting....do it.  We always see it in ND games...U2, U3, TLOU.  We get a few solid playlists and a few that probably shouldn't be around and then eventually get split to the point where we're playing the same people over and over again.  TLOU with its 3 game types and 3 separate modes in each is really too much.  Uncharted with its splitting the player pool in such an odd way....

If you're going to do paid DLC, at least go the route of battlefield where we can still get matched up wtih non DLC from time to time just so it's not a complete segregation.  

Message 20 of 78 (373 Views)
0 Likes