Welcoming Committee
13851 posts

Re: What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

Jan 6, 2014

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:
I live in Australia as many people know and most Americans I play with only have like 1-2 bars of connection with me. Does that mean our internets are bad? No. It's just the distance.

Inb4, region-based matchmaking wouldn't work. There are next to no Aussies who play Uncharted because they're all too busy fanboying over ND and CoD. Even if Oceania is done as a whole, there'd still be a tiny player pool. Just to top it off, if you aren't from New Zealand or Australia, chances are that every other Oceania player you find doesn't have great internet. Even TSD has complained about his own internet and don't even get me started on the lag of the Koreans and Filos when it comes to gaming...

Long story short, blame the continents for being too far apart, if people with bad internet to each other were separated, the player pool would be ridiculous.

It's not really as bad as the game makes out. I play against quite a lot of people from NZ and Australia in COD. They don't lag. In Uncharted they do lag. It's the netcode being very bad and not compensating lag very well.

I've even seen unlaggy Saudi Arabian players in COD... That is unheard of in an ND game. If you see KSA in Uncharted you know your options are ragequit or suffer.

Message 31 of 78 (313 Views)
Sackboy
390 posts

Jan 7, 2014
UC4 needs dedicated servers. Being one of Sony's heavy hitters, there is no reason why it shouldn't. Dedicated servers will help solve the lag, and can let the developers and programmers focus on other issues, ie. balancing
Message 32 of 78 (287 Views)
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Jan 7, 2014

nicolepwned wrote:
UC4 needs dedicated servers. Being one of Sony's heavy hitters, there is no reason why it shouldn't. Dedicated servers will help solve the lag, and can let the developers and programmers focus on other issues, ie. balancing

Agreed, it's completely justified to demand them since we'll have to pay for a PS+ subscription in order to play online. If they're going to ask money to play online multiplayer they better drastically improve the experience as well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 33 of 78 (280 Views)
I Only Post Everything
970 posts

Jan 7, 2014

No, first ND should hire a proper netcode programmer.

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Message 34 of 78 (273 Views)
Last Guardian
11242 posts

Jan 7, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

And people who have crappy internet shouldn't play online.

This would affect time and space in a way that it'd cause a paradox and therefore these games would have way, waaaaaaaaaaay less players than it already has.

Most people who play U2 are laggy and if they weren't there ND would just have shut down the servers, same with U3 and i guess TLoU, it's just how it is, foreigners just love ND games, you can't make a laggy person not play MP games, they have every right to.

Message 35 of 78 (259 Views)
Fender Bender
2854 posts

Jan 7, 2014

renatabls wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

And people who have crappy internet shouldn't play online.

This would affect time and space in a way that it'd cause a paradox and therefore these games would have way, waaaaaaaaaaay less players than it already has.

Most people who play U2 are laggy and if they weren't there ND would just have shut down the servers, same with U3 and i guess TLoU, it's just how it is, foreigners just love ND games, you can't make a laggy person not play MP games, they have every right to.

Fine you make a good point. But if they have crappy internet then they should still be at a disadvantage, it's wrong on every level people with good connections are the ones being punished. There needs to be a middle ground, ND cannot continue to code their games to benefit these people especially with Online on PS4 no longer being free.

And foreigners like ND games because ND is the only company that allows any & everything to be able to play on their servers even a 2G phone connection teethered gets you on UC3. If these people go on BF3,COD, KZ they would get kicked from the server after 3 - 5 mins. 

Message 36 of 78 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Jan 7, 2014

Yes they have every right to play any game, but I think we can all agree that people with the superior connection should not be punished by  this disgusting lag compensation system. Getting killed through smoke bombs or shotgun automatics is just not acceptable, it is unfair for people that invest more in to their equipment to have a disadvantage.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 37 of 78 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2964 posts

Jan 7, 2014

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Yes they have every right to play any game, but I think we can all agree that people with the superior connection should not be punished by  this disgusting lag compensation system. Getting killed through smoke bombs or shotgun automatics is just not acceptable, it is unfair for people that invest more in to their equipment to have a disadvantage.

you know, I don't really get this lag problem, sure it is annoying that you died a few moments after you smoke bombed, but the truth is, you died anyway, because your opponent was able to shoot you before you smoke bombed, you just get to know it later, and that's where the irritation comes from, because you thought you had escaped, but you would have died anyway, so from a gameplay perspective, lag doesn't do all that much, it's just a psychological annoyance, but I am probably the only one who looks at it that way Smiley Tongue

Message 38 of 78 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2854 posts

Jan 7, 2014

nicolepwned wrote:

Exactly even a small game like Starhawk has dedicated servers. I can understand why they went P2P with UC2 but after the success of UC2 pre-patch 1.05, plus with over 6 million sold  & the huge success of UC3 beta over 1 million 1st week or so they should have went with dedicated servers, they've made tons of $$$ off UC3 time to stop being cheap ND.

Message 39 of 78 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2854 posts

Jan 7, 2014

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

I just love getting sniped by bullet(S) that went to the right or left of me. Shotgun M9's, KAL's with BF range extending 10 ft, 20ft Melee only to see this person magically get pulled back by an invisible magnet, being fully healed yet still dying by one bullet because apparently i'm still close to death on their screen, plus those grenades that explodes on contact or explode with a 10ft blast radius.

Message 40 of 78 (247 Views)
0 Likes