Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/21/2011
Online
1843 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

Jan 7, 2014

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Yes they have every right to play any game, but I think we can all agree that people with the superior connection should not be punished by  this disgusting lag compensation system. Getting killed through smoke bombs or shotgun automatics is just not acceptable, it is unfair for people that invest more in to their equipment to have a disadvantage.


you know, I don't really get this lag problem, sure it is annoying that you died a few moments after you smoke bombed, but the truth is, you died anyway, because your opponent was able to shoot you before you smoke bombed, you just get to know it later, and that's where the irritation comes from, because you thought you had escaped, but you would have died anyway, so from a gameplay perspective, lag doesn't do all that much, it's just a psychological annoyance, but I am probably the only one who looks at it that way Smiley Tongue


Nah, it truely is lag because you can actually see the screen getting grayer if you do succeed to get away in time with your smokebomb, which indicates that you do receive hits after you've teleported away.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 41 of 78 (281 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
2760 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

Jan 7, 2014

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Yes they have every right to play any game, but I think we can all agree that people with the superior connection should not be punished by  this disgusting lag compensation system. Getting killed through smoke bombs or shotgun automatics is just not acceptable, it is unfair for people that invest more in to their equipment to have a disadvantage.


you know, I don't really get this lag problem, sure it is annoying that you died a few moments after you smoke bombed, but the truth is, you died anyway, because your opponent was able to shoot you before you smoke bombed, you just get to know it later, and that's where the irritation comes from, because you thought you had escaped, but you would have died anyway, so from a gameplay perspective, lag doesn't do all that much, it's just a psychological annoyance, but I am probably the only one who looks at it that way Smiley Tongue


Ummm no bullets curve, they hit you around corners, in cover, they will time warp through a smoke bomb. Do you know how many times I get shot from someone I killed or getting melee'd from someone I killed yet their punch animation still happens.

 

So are you saying you don't experience lag?

Message 42 of 78 (279 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2856 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

Jan 7, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Yes they have every right to play any game, but I think we can all agree that people with the superior connection should not be punished by  this disgusting lag compensation system. Getting killed through smoke bombs or shotgun automatics is just not acceptable, it is unfair for people that invest more in to their equipment to have a disadvantage.


you know, I don't really get this lag problem, sure it is annoying that you died a few moments after you smoke bombed, but the truth is, you died anyway, because your opponent was able to shoot you before you smoke bombed, you just get to know it later, and that's where the irritation comes from, because you thought you had escaped, but you would have died anyway, so from a gameplay perspective, lag doesn't do all that much, it's just a psychological annoyance, but I am probably the only one who looks at it that way Smiley Tongue


Ummm no bullets curve, they hit you around corners, in cover, they will time warp through a smoke bomb. Do you know how many times I get shot from someone I killed or getting melee'd from someone I killed yet their punch animation still happens.

 

So are you saying you don't experience lag?


nog lag excists, I just deny that it is a problem, the opponent killed you anyway (on his screen), you just get to know it later, but you've died anyway, sure it can be annoying because you thought 'hey, I escaped!' and then still die, but lag in my opinion is nothing game-breaking...

Message 43 of 78 (275 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
2760 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

Jan 7, 2014

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Yes they have every right to play any game, but I think we can all agree that people with the superior connection should not be punished by  this disgusting lag compensation system. Getting killed through smoke bombs or shotgun automatics is just not acceptable, it is unfair for people that invest more in to their equipment to have a disadvantage.


you know, I don't really get this lag problem, sure it is annoying that you died a few moments after you smoke bombed, but the truth is, you died anyway, because your opponent was able to shoot you before you smoke bombed, you just get to know it later, and that's where the irritation comes from, because you thought you had escaped, but you would have died anyway, so from a gameplay perspective, lag doesn't do all that much, it's just a psychological annoyance, but I am probably the only one who looks at it that way Smiley Tongue


Ummm no bullets curve, they hit you around corners, in cover, they will time warp through a smoke bomb. Do you know how many times I get shot from someone I killed or getting melee'd from someone I killed yet their punch animation still happens.

 

So are you saying you don't experience lag?


nog lag excists, I just deny that it is a problem, the opponent killed you anyway (on his screen), you just get to know it later, but you've died anyway, sure it can be annoying because you thought 'hey, I escaped!' and then still die, but lag in my opinion is nothing game-breaking...


Lag is a problem & it's game breaking at times. Have you ever seen someone run through a Mega Bomb, not die from a grenade right beside them yet it killed you? Shot gun M9's? Surviving a direct T-Bolt shot?

 

Try having to put a full Clip into someone just to kill them & then they turn around & kill you with 3 bullets. People teleporting & freezing, Sometimes they lag so bad even their animations cancel out each other.

Message 44 of 78 (269 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/21/2011
Online
1843 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

Jan 7, 2014

How is constant lag in matches not a gamebreaking problem in a shooter? The opponent killed me anyway? I fail to see how that does even justifies any of it. If my opponent just abruptly freezes and I instantly die after that within 3 seconds without any possible way to counter that's not gamebreaking? The fact that I have to anticipate to activate my smokebomb in order to make it work is also pretty gamebreaking to me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 45 of 78 (268 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/27/2010
Offline
3470 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

Jan 7, 2014

Dedicated servers & no modifications on weapons. 

NO KICKBACKS. 

Message 46 of 78 (253 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2856 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

Jan 7, 2014

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

How is constant lag in matches not a gamebreaking problem in a shooter? The opponent killed me anyway? I fail to see how that does even justifies any of it. If my opponent just abruptly freezes and I instantly die after that within 3 seconds without any possible way to counter that's not gamebreaking? The fact that I have to anticipate to activate my smokebomb in order to make it work is also pretty gamebreaking to me.


I'd say that your opponent freezing makes it easier for you to hit him, and he is actually actively aiming at you, and if you die he was aiming good, you just didn't saw it, sure that takes you out of the game, and it's annoying, but I disagree that the opponent had an advantage over you, and I rarely experience lag (I'm from the Netherlands), some other guy (I think it was Wycliff_12) asked if I ever had things like shooting someone with a t-bolt and he didn't die, things like that, I never experienced, in very rare instances he died a little later than usual, but never did he survive, but whatever Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 78 (235 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/21/2011
Online
1843 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

Jan 7, 2014

What makes you think it's not an advantage? if it's impossible to actively follow someones actions because he's frozen or warping which makes him unhit (very poor hit detection with f'ed up aim assist.) I'm at a disadvantage right? Since laggers tend to have a delay in dying they can shoot longer as well which results into undeserved deaths.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 48 of 78 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2856 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

Jan 7, 2014

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

What makes you think it's not an advantage? if it's impossible to actively follow someones actions because he's frozen or warping which makes him unhit (very poor hit detection with f'ed up aim assist.) I'm at a disadvantage right? Since laggers tend to have a delay in dying they can shoot longer as well which results into undeserved deaths.


I never had that an opponent froze and I was unable to hit him, he always fell to the ground, but sometimes you get the kill a few moments later, however, I forgot to think about the lagger, indeed he gets information from your character later too, so he will be able to shoot you when you've already killed him, didn't think of that, that said, personally I don't experience much lag, and with all the players immediately blaming LAG! LAG! LAG! when they die, I'm a bit sceptical, but (as far as I can know you of course) I know you as an honest person so if you say there are some serious issues with lag in Uncharted 3, then I'll believe that is true, I just don't see it much myself Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 78 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/21/2011
Online
1843 posts
 

Re: What Uncharted 4 MP NEEDS.

Jan 7, 2014

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

What makes you think it's not an advantage? if it's impossible to actively follow someones actions because he's frozen or warping which makes him unhit (very poor hit detection with f'ed up aim assist.) I'm at a disadvantage right? Since laggers tend to have a delay in dying they can shoot longer as well which results into undeserved deaths.


I never had that an opponent froze and I was unable to hit him, he always fell to the ground, but sometimes you get the kill a few moments later, however, I forgot to think about the lagger, indeed he gets information from your character later too, so he will be able to shoot you when you've already killed him, didn't think of that, that said, personally I don't experience much lag, and with all the players immediately blaming LAG! LAG! LAG! when they die, I'm a bit sceptical, but (as far as I can know you of course) I know you as an honest person so if you say there are some serious issues with lag in Uncharted 3, then I'll believe that is true, I just don't see it much myself Smiley Happy


I actually started playing shooters on the PC (Wolfenstein ET), when someone lagged on a server there he got either kicked by voting or by server settings (ping higher than 100ms and kick you're out), so lag was pretty much non existent there and you picked out a server by region which guaranteed a low ping player pool.

Perhaps that's why I despise lag so much in this game, because I'm used to a good stable connection throughout the entire game and no overdone lag compensation system. People with a bad connection ruin the fun for lots of people which shouldn't be the case.  Ofcourse the things that I listed don't occur in every match I play, but I still think Naughty Dog is going way too easy on laggers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 50 of 78 (222 Views)
Reply
0 Likes