Fender Bender
2837 posts

Re: What Uncharted could learn from gears of wars

Jan 14, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Heads should only be exposed if you are at a vantage point where you can see the person who is actually in cover. I should not be able to line up a perfectly good head shot while being on the same level as a person in cover.

covers aren't perfect, I don't want to get the feeling that I'm playing in an area perfected to combat in, some covers leave your head exposed, some don't, that's the way it is, and you should know when an opponent is able to hit you and act accordingly

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 357 (184 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Jan 14, 2014
Yes but the best map designs offer unique setups of cover that both promote and encourage the use of its cover while being interesting and mechanically able to promote fast paced on the fly flanking instead of being able to one shot someone just because theres a hair outstickin
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 357 (173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jan 14, 2014
Its one thing to be flanked and killed because someone was able to come around behind you but getting killed by someone when there directly in front of while your supposedly protected is ridiculous.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 357 (172 Views)
Fender Bender
2376 posts

Jan 14, 2014

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Heads should only be exposed if you are at a vantage point where you can see the person who is actually in cover. I should not be able to line up a perfectly good head shot while being on the same level as a person in cover.

covers aren't perfect, I don't want to get the feeling that I'm playing in an area perfected to combat in, some covers leave your head exposed, some don't, that's the way it is, and you should know when an opponent is able to hit you and act accordingly

Except you can get head shott(ed) in any cover in UC3 ur head is always exposed,you have to keep moving from side to side really fast to throw off their aim... it shouldn't be like that. If you are behind a breakable cover like the ones in Molten Ruins or Sanctuary fine but being behind legit concrete walls your head should be hidden from anyone on the same surface level as you. In no other game can you head shot someone in cover unless ur above them.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 357 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 14, 2014

kobrafan79 wrote:
Yes but the best map designs offer unique setups of cover that both promote and encourage the use of its cover while being interesting and mechanically able to promote fast paced on the fly flanking instead of being able to one shot someone just because theres a hair outstickin

hay thats no fair, i thought i was finished studying English, dumb it down a bit for me :smileytongue:

no really am i the only one that found this difficult to read - are you an English professor ??

and its only the dragon that can get you if on level ground so thats fine imo - you should be doing the wiggle.

and there are certain bits of cover where your head is covered - that should only be in certain situations where you would otherwise be at a big disadvantage.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 357 (150 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6777 posts

Jan 14, 2014
Is outstickin even a sanctioned English language word?
Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 357 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2837 posts

Jan 14, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Except you can get head shott(ed) in any cover in UC3 ur head is always exposed,you have to keep moving from side to side really fast to throw off their aim... it shouldn't be like that. If you are behind a breakable cover like the ones in Molten Ruins or Sanctuary fine but being behind legit concrete walls your head should be hidden from anyone on the same surface level as you. In no other game can you head shot someone in cover unless ur above them.

good point, but I do think that there should be covers in which you can be hit as well, not just that every cover gives you 100% protection :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 357 (132 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Jan 15, 2014
I making this on my phone using a touch screen and my fingers are too big for the buttons :/
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 357 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jan 15, 2014
Its was meant to be sticking out and plus if there going to have irregular cover your character show change their stance to get the best possibkr cover they can.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 357 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

Jan 15, 2014
the difference between Uncharted and other cover based games is that Uncharted is much more focused on movement/traversal. its not supposed to be a tactical cover based 3rd person shooter. its really a whole new genre.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 357 (94 Views)