Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Re: What Uncharted could learn from gears of wars

Jan 15, 2014

Blennerville wrote:
the difference between Uncharted and other cover based games is that Uncharted is much more focused on movement/traversal. its not supposed to be a tactical cover based 3rd person shooter. its really a whole new genre.

This

young beard signature
Message 21 of 357 (164 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Jan 15, 2014

kobrafan79 wrote:
I think the roadie run is also better than uc3's atrocious sprint. It does what sprint is supposed to do. It gets you where you need to go more quickly when not in danger and you can use it to haul **bleep** out of a bad situation but its almostimpossible to use as a offensive tactic because the way blindfire works doesnt permit it to be used as an offensive tactic.

I disagree. While GOW had a more "tactical run", the running zoomed in way too into the legs while running. I like Uncharted's "zoomed out" sprint because it feels like there's more mobility and IMO, I feel like I'm more in control of where to go

young beard signature
Message 22 of 357 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Jan 15, 2014

Blennerville wrote:
the difference between Uncharted and other cover based games is that Uncharted is much more focused on movement/traversal. its not supposed to be a tactical cover based 3rd person shooter. its really a whole new genre.

That still doesn't mean being in cover should leave you vulnerable. There are tactical elements in the core gameplay.

Message 23 of 357 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2014

just improve the cover mechanics.

improve wall bouncing.

Message 24 of 357 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1958 posts

Jan 15, 2014
I made a video about this, at least I remember doing it lol.

I've played a healthy amount of Gears and I too feel like that cover system is superior to Uncharted's at its core. Specific mechanics aside, it functions as it should. It could just be the delay on UC or the fuzzy mechanics on how you actually move. It needs to become more fluid, that's for sure. I don't think it needs to be a roadie run, even though I loved the summer beta sprint over the current model.
http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 25 of 357 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Jan 15, 2014

In my opinion, The Last of Us did the sprinting the best. It was zoomed in... but not so much to distract you. While GOW seemed too "roadie", it's still ok.

young beard signature
Message 26 of 357 (145 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7119 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2014
The GOW run is simulated to make it feel like you are really in a war. The game is basically a war simulation tactic game that is why. The run fits perfectly for that and the sprint in UC fits perfectly for it. If I had to choose, it's GOW plain and simple. Oh and yes the cover in Gears is also way better as well.
Sleep Matt signature
Message 27 of 357 (144 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jan 15, 2014
The thing is the lag between when you hit the cover button and when u actually get into cover is way too long plus if improved cover could be more crucial to to traversal aspect. An example of this would be taking wall cover to protect yourself decently and not die during the animation then when things get to hairy tou could quickly wall bounce to another wall nearby and quickly scale it without losing cover.
Message 28 of 357 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Jan 15, 2014

SteepMatt wrote:
The GOW run is simulated to make it feel like you are really in a war. The game is basically a war simulation tactic game that is why. The run fits perfectly for that and the sprint in UC fits perfectly for it. If I had to choose, it's GOW plain and simple. Oh and yes the cover in Gears is also way better as well.

Sure, it's your opinion. But I like the TLOU's sprint better

young beard signature
Message 29 of 357 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1768 posts

Jan 15, 2014

But would GOW's sprinting system work for an Uncharted game? Sure. But it certainly does NOT suit it all.

young beard signature
Message 30 of 357 (137 Views)
0 Likes