Fender Bender
3484 posts

Re: What Uncharted could learn from gears of wars

Jan 16, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Blennerville wrote:
The point is that GOW is a military game. Its a 3rd person military cover based shooter.
Uncharted is an Action Adventure game. Its a 3rd person platformer with shooting and adventure.
Apart from being 3rd person they are completely different.

I'm sorry but LOL at you putting platforming over shooting for Uncharted.

Uncharted is a 3rd person cover based shooter with basic watered down platforming. 

LOL, who thinks cover based shooter when they think of UC. Its an action adventure game - its all about the adventure of looking for the treasure and the platforming is a big part of that - its like the original Tomb Raiders, just with more action and bad guys and its easier. GOW and Spec Ops The Line are cover based shooters. UC has cover but its not that important compared to GOW.

This is supposed to be about better cover mechanics - can we get back on topic.

Everyone thinks of Uncharted as a cover based shooter because that's what it is. You can play the entire campaign & ignore the treasure collecting aspect you cannot play or beat the games without utilizing cover. Also it has platforming elements but it's main focus has always been on cover & shooting, platforming is quite basic in Uncharted... climb a wall, jump from a roof, climb a rope, swing across then grab a ledge.

fun fact: I managed to finish Uncharted 1 (on normal difficulty) without firing a gun, I bet you didn't manage to finish Uncharted 1 without making a single jump, I also managed to do this in Uncharted 2 and 3, except for some areas for instance when you have to shoot the snipers in the monastary to progress in Uncharted 2, you just can't melee those **bleep**...

Uncharted is an action/adventure, it's not a cover based shooter, not even the multiplayer, for instance I play multiplayer also without guns most of the time, my strategy is that my buddy uses stealth buddy booster and then I try to make as many stealthkills as I can and he then kills everyone with his kickback over and over again, shooters are boring, and shooting guns is boring, and Uncharted is not a shooting game, and that's a fact Smiley Happy

Message 74 of 357 (525 Views)
Naughty Paw
11248 posts

Jan 16, 2014
"Uncharted is not a shooting game, and that's a fact"

If I was at my PC, I would gif the crap outta you.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 75 of 357 (522 Views)
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Jan 16, 2014

It's a cover based shooter.

It's a shooting game.

Message 76 of 357 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7532 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2014
Matthijs the game is a cover base shooter. Every new game they work better on the cover and combat mechanics. Yes it is a platforming adventurer as well but it's main emphasis is cover based combat. Of course, you only did that stuff to challenge yourself more, but it doesn't mean that's what it is.
Sleep Matt signature
Message 77 of 357 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Jan 16, 2014

This thread has provided quite a few laughs.

Lol

Message 78 of 357 (516 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7532 posts

Jan 16, 2014
Smiley Very Happy
Sleep Matt signature
Message 79 of 357 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2014

SteepMatt wrote:
Matthijs the game is a cover base shooter. Every new game they work better on the cover and combat mechanics. Yes it is a platforming adventurer as well but it's main emphasis is cover based combat. Of course, you only did that stuff to challenge yourself more, but it doesn't mean that's what it is.

the official playstation website says that it's an action/adventure, not a third person shooter (or cover based shooter as you call it), on top of that, in the description they don't even mention gunplay, just because all you guys are like: SPRINT, SEE OPPONENT, PEW PEW PEW, doesn't mean it is a shooter, you are the guys that play the game wrong, not me:

Nathan Drake sets out on a quest for the fabled Atlantis of the Sands on PlayStation 3.

• Nathan Drake can now take on opponents in more ways than before: hand-to-hand combat with multiple opponents, contextual melee attacks and new stealth options.
  • Competitive and co-op multiplayer return with brand new experiences and massively expanded feature sets. The Uncharted universe provides a unique multiplayer experience, for the first time bringing the exciting cinematic elements of the single player campaign into multiplayer.
  • Award-winning storytelling and blockbuster cinematic action sequences. Combining story with dramatic action sequences and a thrilling pace, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception delivers an interactive cinematic experience that blurs the line between games and Hollywood films.
  • New locations, new challenges, stunning environmental detail. Nathan Drake's journey takes you to a variety of spectacular locations around the world from Europe to the Middle East.

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/games/detail/item328374/Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception%E2%84%A2/

edit: on top of that, if you look at the trailers, you always see the platforming and melee stuff, you never see Nate shooting stuff, just because a game has guns, doesn't make it a shooter, Little Big Planet has a paintball gun, I guess that's a shooter too Smiley Indifferent

Message 80 of 357 (504 Views)