Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

Re: What are your thoughts on microtransactions?

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

XxT_I_K_IxX_PR wrote:

Everything was fine until they raised the price for the newer hats. 

They probably did that because they want you to buy the bundle in early april instead.

Funny, I was the one who complained that the doughnut and Lazarevic soldier hats are overpriced and ND/ Sony changed the prices to match the US prices. It's YOUR turn now US! We here in the EU got all oddball DLC for 0.49 Cents!

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 11 of 28 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Mar 26, 2013

Something that belongs to F2P games (which already is the standard on the PC for a decade) .... ow wait Uncharted 3 already had it before it became F2P :smileysad: .

Personally I just find it cheap. I paid for the game so why are there things in the game already that I need to pay for? It is like pre DLC, but now you for sure know that you got screwed.

Also if I am not mistaking it also is a waste of bandwith. The items are actually already up and running in your game, but you can't acces them because they are locked by coding. Microtransactions better could be implented as DLC, where it first need to be downloaded. The extra bandwith that could be saved can usefully be used for:  better AA , splitscreen , gameplay etc. to make the game better :smileyhappy: , but unfortunately devs don't care :smileysad: .

Message 12 of 28 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Mar 26, 2013
You actally paid for whatever was on the disk. The stat hats were made after the game was released meaning that is resources coming out of their pokect
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 13 of 28 (193 Views)
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 27, 2013

inigomontoya74 wrote:

I have almost no interest in shopping for actual clothes. So I have exactly zero interest in shopping for digital clothes for my U3 avatars.

Now if ND can figure out a way to add stats to hats in real life, then I'd wear a lot more of them to work. Say, +10% proofreading speed tiara or -30% afternoon sluggishness tophat.

That'd be the bee's knees.

ND should look into this. I'm telling you, there's a fortune to be made.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 14 of 28 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Ialready bought every hat and taunt with my mom's credit card. I wish there were more for me to buy...

photo Sniper.png
Message 15 of 28 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Mar 27, 2013
Microtransaction guns are stupid. Microtransaction anything-that-can-be-unlocked-ingame is stupid.

Aesthetic DLC is awesome. Yes, I'd gladly say I'd want more aesthetic stuff than gameplay fixes or technical fixes. They had around 16 tries already. The only one they didn't screw up was Colors.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 16 of 28 (152 Views)
Wastelander
710 posts

Mar 27, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Microtransaction guns are stupid. Microtransaction anything-that-can-be-unlocked-ingame is stupid.

Aesthetic DLC is awesome. Yes, I'd gladly say I'd want more aesthetic stuff than gameplay fixes or technical fixes. They had around 16 tries already. The only one they didn't screw up was Colors.

The new oddball aesthetic DLC is crap as well. I don't see them making much money off these items for sure unless you have a wallet that is too full.

Message 17 of 28 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Mar 27, 2013
I thought they're stat hats?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 18 of 28 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Mar 27, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I thought they're stat hats?

I still count them as aesthetics.

Message 19 of 28 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13534 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I don't like Microtransactions. Not in the way they have been handled here.

I wouldn't mind if they had them just for appearance purposes. but to give people advantages is wrong. That brings in the emphasis of pay to win gaming.

While that may not entirely be the case, you can't deny that supporting the idea in the form of stat additions being paid for will eventually lead to paying to win.

Cannot agree with it I'm afraid. I can however agree with the items not having anything to do with adjusting the gameplay. balance.

Message 20 of 28 (139 Views)
0 Likes