Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
970 posts

Re: What are your thoughts on microtransactions?

Mar 27, 2013
I. Like. Options.

Sully

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 28 (256 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Mar 27, 2013
I would rather it not be implemented into Uncharted or any other Naughty Dog game. If they insist on it, do it right. Not this half-baked BS we have now.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 28 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I only find it wrong that players can buy skins like Marco Polo and treasure weapons like Talbot's Fal. They were unlocks for a reason.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 28 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Mar 27, 2013

I’m mostly indifferent.  IMO, most of the micro transaction stuff is useless and a waste of money but it’s nice that they’re there for those who want them.  There are enough unlockable hats for me.  I’d be really cheesed if most (or all) of the hats could only be purchased.

What does annoy me slightly is the ability to “buy” an advantage (whether it’s directly through the micro transactions or somewhat indirectly through tournament rewards).  It’s not too bad though since the advantage is usually slight, you can earn most of the stuff in game and with good teammates, you can still win matches.

I can only assume that ND looked at micro transactions and decided they made more business sense than more substantive (for me) DLC. :smileysad: I would really rather have more maps, modes, skins (and yes, even taunts) over clothing – things that enrich the actual gameplay experience (for me anyway).  Besides this, I would also pay for REAL character customization (even though I don’t care that much about it) to show my support for the effort and because it’s important to many of my friends.

In the end, I gather that it comes down to investment dollars versus rewards…ND is a business so I can’t really blame them for choosing the better ROI option.  AND much of what we really want, they have to plan for during principal development (such as motion capture) – once that ship has sailed, their hands really are tied.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 28 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7369 posts

Mar 27, 2013

Really did not like them in U3. I mean buying treasure items? Completely ruined the whole treasure system for me. I no longer felt special upon unlocking a rare treasure item because I knew that now people could just buy it for a pound... And being able to buy the default Drake skin...

wot

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 28 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11053 posts

Mar 27, 2013
I don't care about that, the only thing i care about is when the DLC is already in-disc.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 28 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Mar 28, 2013
I think mircotransactions are dumb. Plain and simple. :smileytongue:
[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/Fireball_916][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Fireball_916.png[/IMG][/URL]

Points2Shop (Earn Free Stuff)
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 28 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Mar 29, 2013

I feel like it was just a cop out. ND should have just fixed their broken treasure system. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 28 (76 Views)
0 Likes