Highlighted
Nov 15 2011
By: LegendSoldierX Lombax Warrior 138 posts

What happened to the cutscenes before/after each match from the beta?

26 replies 312 views Edited Nov 15, 2011

In the summer beta, there were cutscenes before and after each match. I thought that was a cool addition. Now, these features are missing. What happened? Is anyone else disappointed?

Kratos Sig
Message 1 of 27 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20192 posts

They took them out because it was difficult for ND to mak...

Nov 15, 2011
They took them out because it was difficult for ND to make cutscenes for every level, only for DM, and they got boring after a while.
Message 2 of 27 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1505 posts

I wish they didn't get rid of them. I never go tired of s...

Nov 15, 2011

I wish they didn't get rid of them. I never go tired of seeing my character perform actions like setting the Chateu on fire.

Also, they should have at least kept them for the train and plane sequences. It's kind of dumb to just start the match like "oh yeah by the way you are on a moving train, good luck". I would like a set up for that.

Message 3 of 27 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

The cutscenes did not bother me, in fact I really liked t...

Nov 15, 2011

The cutscenes did not bother me, in fact I really liked that it showcased your characters position after a match. They weren't even that long so I can't say that they were holding up the match or anything.

Message 4 of 27 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

I miss watching Sully high-five himself after a win at Ai...

Nov 15, 2011

I miss watching Sully high-five himself after a win at Airstrip :smileysad:

Message 5 of 27 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9167 posts

As has been said already, the redundant, uninteresting sc...

Nov 15, 2011

As has been said already, the redundant, uninteresting scenes did indeed get removed.

... And nothing of value was lost.

Message 6 of 27 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

I miss them too,  I remember in the airstrip one, my cust...

Nov 15, 2011

I miss them too,  I remember in the airstrip one, my custom character got the high five from drake at the end, and sully was there too. I felt like I was part of the gang. Now it will never happen again, :smileysad:

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - PR0TAGON1ST-
Message 7 of 27 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Another grand victory for the Playstation community maste...

Nov 15, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

As has been said already, the redundant, uninteresting scenes did indeed get removed.

Another grand victory for the Playstation community masters, I see.

What's next on the agenda, then? Remove the redundant riding parts in Shadow of the Colossus? Get rid of the superfluous Yorda character in ICO? Should we expect a forced patch any time soon?

Message 8 of 27 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2838 posts

I sort of agree. I miss it.   We already get the same, re...

Nov 15, 2011

fleinn wrote:

Eugenides wrote:

What's next on the agenda, then? Remove the redundant riding parts in Shadow of the Colossus? Get rid of the superfluous Yorda character in ICO? Should we expect a forced patch any time soon?

I sort of agree. I miss it.

We already get the same, redundant, uninteresting quicktime events (aircraft flying over in Syria & Airport) and we get the same, uninteresting cinematics in the beginning of Airport (trucks/plane) and London (train sequence) every..single.. time...

Personally I didn't hear anyone complaining, & obviously people miss it (there have been at least 6 or 7 threads about this) and things that people actually do complain about, such as the train sequence in London and problems with the plane sequence in Airport, none of that gets taken out.

Meh.

I guess I'm not the one whose hard work is being represented by the game.. but just saying, we have some of the same issues with the events in London & Airport.. I sort of question why nothing has been done about that (besides having both sides spawn outside of the plane instead of 1 inside and 1 outside on Airstrip)

-----------------
FaceBook: Psyber Kayos
The best FB groups for our communities. Thousands have joined already. Join us!:

The Uncharted Community FaceBook Group

The Last of Us Community FaceBook Group

Message 9 of 27 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2545 posts

Lol, did you just compare single player experiences to po...

Nov 15, 2011

fleinn wrote:

Eugenides wrote:

Lol, did you just compare single player experiences to pointless cutscenes people would have been forced to watch thousands of times?

Message 10 of 27 (312 Views)
0 Likes