Treasure Hunter
7024 posts

Re: What if

Jan 12, 2013

I'd much rather it be nerfed and actually be a last resort.... but if it were completely removed I would probably shout joyfully for hours on end >.>

I despise blindfire in this game so much that I don't use it. The ONLY time I ever blindfire is when I get a SAS or Pistole, which is rarely. If it were removed completely the only change I would see is people having to aim their guns at me while I wouldn't be effected in my playstyle at all. Which would I prefer, the current game or the same one with no blindfire? The one with no blindfire. Hands down. No contest. Wins by a landslide. My mind is at a consensus. It's also out of phrases for how much I'd prefer no blindfire.

Message 21 of 70 (263 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jan 12, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

I'd much rather it be nerfed and actually be a last resort.... but if it were completely removed I would probably shout joyfully for hours on end >.>

I despise blindfire in this game so much that I don't use it. The ONLY time I ever blindfire is when I get a SAS or Pistole, which is rarely. If it were removed completely the only change I would see is people having to aim their guns at me while I wouldn't be effected in my playstyle at all. Which would I prefer, the current game or the same one with no blindfire? The one with no blindfire. Hands down. No contest. Wins by a landslide. My mind is at a consensus. It's also out of phrases for how much I'd prefer no blindfire.

Would you give up a Klondike bar for no blindfire?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 22 of 70 (249 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jan 12, 2013
Oh how you people make me laugh.
Message 23 of 70 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 12, 2013

TBH, blindfire is needed in TO.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 24 of 70 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

Naw.  Gotta have some type of blindfire in the game.  It needs to be more along the lines of how it was in UC2.  Basically, if you were a blindfiring fool in UC2, YOU GOT PUNISHED by people who actually used a modicum of skill to look down their irons and shoot you.   Steelfist melee kills with the FS92 were super annoying, but it was not ANYTHING as eggregious as the Wack and Roll BS in this game. 

The blindfire in this game is absolutely absurd.  It should not auto lock as easy as it does and it should fail like 75% of the time.  Say what you will about the G-Mal nerf, but prior to that, some folks actually looked down their iron sights,which forced blindfiring fools to also look down their ROF irons to try and get a kill.  When it was removed, and with the cosmetic, dressed up style nerf on the M9 ROF, it ended up being just about the same as having had NOTHING done that made ANY sense, or improved the game. 

Guns like the Kal-7 and the M9 ROF help to promote a dependencey on blindfire.  It's not the LAST resort, it's one of the ONLY resorts a player can take, and that FLAT OUT sucks and is DUMB BEYOND WORDS. 

The other thing that is OP is the Wack and Roll version of Melee.  STUPIDEST THING EVER.  That should have been updated to tripple melee hit for a kill like ONE YEAR, TWO MONTHS, and 12 DAYS ago, (FOR CRYING OUT LOUD). 

I most certainly hope that NDI gets some of this straightened out for TLOU.  But having seen the 'MELEE BOOSTER" that is part of the Preorder Bonuses here in the States might mean we are in DEEP TROUBLE already with TLOU.   Let's hope those improvements that SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE from UC2 to UC3, actually end up happening in TLOU.

Time will tell.  I got a feeling the MP for TLOU might be wacked out.  We shall see. 

Message 25 of 70 (224 Views)
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Jan 12, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

iceyfire54312 wrote:

What if blindfire was just taken out all together? 

Would Uncharted still work, and would it be for the better? 

I know it will never happen but i'm just saying, think about it.... 

Completely remove it.

This is the only online shooter that has aim assist for free firing.

Period.

99% of people that rely on blind fire will disagree with you.

Don't remove it completely. Just take out the auto-aim. It would be so bad if your character just sprayed his gun in the direction your screen is facing. So it becomes impossible to kill someone next to you with it.

Try it out, in a custom game with friendly fire on and everyone in the same team blindfiring someone is at least 2 times as hard as aiming for him. Blindfire would actually be a skill without the super auto-aim.

Message 26 of 70 (214 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2013

I like blindfire, but, in it's current state it is unacceptable. I've killed people behind me and felt awful since I won because of a broken mechanic. However blindfire is important to the AK, M9 and mostly the Kal. It makes sure they have dominance in close range. 

Speaking of the kal-7, I don't know why people complain about it. While it is amazing up close, it is outclassed in every other range. 

Message 27 of 70 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Jan 13, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

I like blindfire, but, in it's current state it is unacceptable. I've killed people behind me and felt awful since I won because of a broken mechanic. However blindfire is important to the AK, M9 and mostly the Kal. It makes sure they have dominance in close range. 

Speaking of the kal-7, I don't know why people complain about it. While it is amazing up close, it is outclassed in every other range. 

I really hate how players run past me spraying there gun in the opposite direction and kill me.

Anyway back to the kal, The Kal is hated because well, Blindfire. Most players do not like being killed be someone who is just running around the map ruining the match for the other team.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 28 of 70 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

I really hate how players run past me spraying there gun in the opposite direction and kill me.

Anyway back to the kal, The Kal is hated because well, Blindfire. Most players do not like being killed be someone who is just running around the map ruining the match for the other team.

Then shouldn't we hate the M9 then? It's by far the easiest weapon to use and be successful with. The kal-7 does more harm than good to a player wielding it, since it's essentially a kamikaze. 

Message 29 of 70 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Jan 13, 2013

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

King_Cobra97 wrote:

Then shouldn't we hate the M9 then? It's by far the easiest weapon to use and be successful with. The kal-7 does more harm than good to a player wielding it, since it's essentially a kamikaze. 

I never said i hated them M-9. I love that gun. Its in 3 of my 4 loadouts. The one thing i dislike, Blindfire.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 30 of 70 (168 Views)
0 Likes