Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Naughty Host
8232 posts

Re: What is a good booster...

Feb 13, 2014

SteepMatt wrote:

I have read the rest. He is interested in learning how to strafe and wants to know what booster provides that.

"List a booster that you use that made you better at the game besides cloaked and FF. (Cloaked is something im currently turning to learn),"

I didn't know you can improve strafing by using Cloaked, Monkey Man, Regeneration :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 33 (317 Views)
First Son
32 posts

Feb 13, 2014

*Trying to learn sorry about that error. Stupid autocorrect

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 33 (314 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6905 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

I have read the rest. He is interested in learning how to strafe and wants to know what booster provides that.

"List a booster that you use that made you better at the game besides cloaked and FF. (Cloaked is something im currently turning to learn),"

I didn't know you can improve strafing by using Cloaked, Monkey Man, Regeneration :smileyindifferent:

I don't see Revenge (which you said) being of much help either....getting an extra kill here or there from a dropped grenade does not make you better at the game.

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 33 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2213 posts

Feb 13, 2014
Reveng doesn't make you better at all. It just gives noobs with luck random kills.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 33 (303 Views)
Fender Bender
2406 posts

Feb 13, 2014

Hielke6991 wrote:
Reveng doesn't make you better at all. It just gives noobs with luck random kills.

revenge is all you need to be good at UC3 :smileytongue: 

Get it to Gold > use Cluseter / Mega Bomb > get 10 medals > let it do all the work for you... :smileytongue: 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 33 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2014

Hey,

Sorry if you're not getting the responses you where hoping for- seems most if this forum is just a few people finding new ways to argue semantics and derail every thread.

My take on using boosters to help you learn to strafe my be a hard pill to swallow. Boosters, won't truly help you *learn* to strafe better, unless you consider simply staying alive in game as a good factor towards learning to strafe. A lot of us start out wanting to get better at strafing in this game I've learned, but it's not as important as learning all forms of attack together. You want to learn more about what to do in different situations as much as you can, because really your angle of attack changes a lot in the game. If your weakness is strafing, but you want to get better at it, you're going to have to really adjust how you attack people.

It's not necessary to use exploits or benefits to get better at strafing, but it's not bad to use boosters, they are a part of the game. So experiment a lot of course, I suggest using cloaked with a stopping power stat hat to help you get the advantage for when it's time to go face to face with a strafing opponent. This should at least help to give you some more experience with fighting face to face and learning how to predict your enemies attacks and or strafing.

In saying this I should say that it would really also be helpful to use a booster like fleet foot because really you're just looking to get more time in head-up fights so you can know what to do. Nonetheless, none of that stuff is a a important as using standing cover like posts, and wall pieces and rocks, not crouching g cover as much, because it's hard to get in and out of position, but using large pieces of cover between you and your enemies will always make your enemy have to rethink their angle of attack, and the. You can gain some fairer playing ground somewhat.

Another thing, don't actually use the circle button to "stick" to these larger standing cover pieces, just stay behind them when you find an enemy, and you'll be able to move freely she. You need to, that way you'll be in a much better position to strafe right when you need to.

I'm probably ranting- sorry! My last form of advise is to find the good players of UC on YouTube, watch everything. That's the wealth of knowledge that will bring you from okay to much much better quickly, because at the end of the day, strafing is somewhat a luck game. There will always be people using FF that also know how to strafe, so obviously they'll have the advantage, and frankly you will see this a lot. FF is immensely popular because you can really pull your shots left or right and strafe opposite from the direction your shooting and viola! You're all of a sudden strafing past every bullet fired from the opponent. This is why cover and map awareness is so important.

Good luck to you and here's to you getting as good as you wish! Peace!

Edit: Added line breaks so this is easier to read!

--Emmental-er

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 33 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Feb 14, 2014
Scoped In can help with accuracy (only on Gmal/Fal/Dragon/Tau). But its a pain to level up.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 33 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2406 posts

Feb 14, 2014

DooDooDaggers wrote:
Hey,
Sorry if you're not getting the responses you where hoping for- seems most if this forum is just a few people finding new ways to argue semantics and derail every thread.
My take on using boosters to help you learn to strafe my be a hard pill to swallow. Boosters, won't truly help you *learn* to strafe better, unless you consider simply staying alive in game as a good factor towards learning to strafe. A lot of us start out wanting to get better at strafing in this game I've learned, but it's not as important as learning all forms of attack together. You want to learn more about what to do in different situations as much as you can, because really your angle of attack changes a lot in the game. If your weakness is strafing, but you want to get better at it, you're going to have to really adjust how you attack people.
It's not necessary to use exploits or benefits to get better at strafing, but it's not bad to use boosters, they are a part of the game. So experiment a lot of course, I suggest using cloaked with a stopping power stat hat to help you get the advantage for when it's time to go face to face with a strafing opponent. This should at least help to give you some more experience with fighting face to face and learning how to predict your enemies attacks and or strafing. In saying this I should say that it would really also be helpful to use a booster like fleet foot because really you're just looking to get more time in head-up fights so you can know what to do. Nonetheless, none of that stuff is a a important as using standing cover like posts, and wall pieces and rocks, not crouching g cover as much, because it's hard to get in and out of position, but using large pieces of cover between you and your enemies will always make your enemy have to rethink their angle of attack, and the. You can gain some fairer playing ground somewhat. Another thing, don't actually use the circle button to "stick" to these larger standing cover pieces, just stay behind them when you find an enemy, and you'll be able to move freely she. You need to, that way you'll be in a much better position to strafe right when you need to.
I'm probably ranting- sorry! My last form of advise is to find the good players of UC on YouTube, watch everything. That's the wealth of knowledge that will bring you from okay to much much better quickly, because at the end of the day, strafing is somewhat a luck game. There will always be people using FF that also know how to strafe, so obviously they'll have the advantage, and frankly you will see this a lot. FF is immensely popular because you can really pull your shots left or right and strafe opposite from the direction your shooting and viola! You're all of a sudden strafing past every bullet fired from the opponent. This is why cover and map awareness is so important. Good luck to you and here's to you getting as good as you wish! Peace!

No one will read this until you use paragraphs.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 33 (263 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Feb 14, 2014

I too am frustrated by losing heads up battles.  If it's strafing that you're interested in, then the best boosters IMO are Regeneration and Fleet Foot.  For me, Regeneration it is because having Team Safe on is a must.

In the end though, you can be the best strafer in the world and still lose much of the time.  Between the mechanics of the game (blind fire and whack'n'roll to name two) and lag, you're going to lose a lot of battles...just something you have to live with or for which you have to compensate.  I do my best to keep opponents at mid-range.

I cut my teeth in co-op and it's a good place to practice strafing but it will not fully prepare you for competitive opponents...that'll only come with time and practice.  Best of luck. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 33 (245 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
219 posts

Feb 14, 2014
Keep practicing and also, try to be a little strategic of when you're going to be engaging into head to head gun fights. If you're going into a high traffic area, try to keep your distance because more than likely you're going to get blindfired most of the time. Try to learn to strafe backwards for those people who just love to not aim in this game. I find Monkey Man to be an effective booster to get away from heated situations and to traverse the map a lot quicker. It's a really good booster. I don't use Team Safe anymore ever since they changed the slot it was in. You can pretty much dodge any grenades and not be knocked down from them if you time your rolls correctly.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 33 (220 Views)
0 Likes