Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Re: What is your opinion on the revenge booster?

Jul 12, 2012

Most overrated booster. 

I do not care when someone uses revenge. Revenge rarely kills me.

[SnYp]-Clan
Message 21 of 76 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
608 posts

Jul 12, 2012

A booster for cheap noobs who can't get kills. Simple as.

Message 22 of 76 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jul 12, 2012
It's annoying, but I can still enjoy the game with its existence. It just goes to show who the scrubby players are who need the free easy kills like that. I rather earn my kills than get them the scrubby way.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 23 of 76 (247 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1337 posts

Jul 12, 2012
It's particularly troublesome in Team Objective. Smiley Mad
Message 24 of 76 (239 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Jul 12, 2012

Revenge is okay in its principle, but the execution in UC3 has made it an annoyance. There are 2 things that should be done in terms of fairness:

- "Team Safe" it

- Prevent it from working in water

The first is simply from the fact that using Revenge near a teamate in a massive shootout puts the still-living player at an unfair disadvantage. The second is for [under]water stealth kills- since there isn't even a chance to throw back the grenade, it is a guranteed death on the assassin's part, making the whole concept of water stealth pointless. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 25 of 76 (237 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7046 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2012

The SA boosters should be a good example of why Revenge is screwed up. Keep in mind I'm referring to all of these boosters as if they were Gold.

• Come Here (or whatever the one is called that lets you see the person who killed you last) requires you get killed by someone to then see that person and that persons name only. It only shows you where they are, but won't do anything in terms of damage.
  • Let Me See lets you see eveyone on the other team for a short while, provided that you die at least twice in a row, but still does nothing in terms of damage.
  • For My Buddy requires your buddy gets killed by an opponent and then you can see that person up to certain ranges.
  • All three of those are instantly canceled with Cloaked on top of that.
  • Revenge on the other hand drops anytime you die, every single time, and could potentially kill not just one but even multiple people, let alone damage them. It can also even drop a kickback grenade if you had it active.

Based on the above examples Revenge could be very effectively changed so that it's not as powerful as it is currently, but still reasonable enough to use for those that decide to.

New possible fix that I don't believe has been mentioned before:

• Make Revenge grenades only do half the damage of normal grenades. They could maintain the same knockdown range but only deal enough damage to take out half of a person's health. This would resolve the issue of Revenge grenades killing people using stealth when they should have the advantage for being stealthy in the first place. Remove random deaths from laggy Revenge grenades. Eliminate the possibility of running into a room at full health and instantly dying to the Revenge of a recently killed opponent. For those that like Revenge it would mean that as long as they did at least half damage to their enemies before they died they could still get their "Revenge." It would also greatly alleviate a lot of the team killing it causes. Essentially it would be a Revenge that does not give "Free Kills" and that's what we all want right?

Thoughts?

Message 26 of 76 (230 Views)
Sackboy
381 posts

Jul 12, 2012

kratos_snake__ wrote:
I hate it. In fact, I would almost throw you into the same boat as the KAL and RoF users.

So why would you hate on KAL users? Some players actually aim that gun. *Cough*Smiley Wink

Revenge is called revenge for a reason, when you die cause of a teammate and he uses that booster, you have the opportunity to get revenge by teamkilling him, standing in the nade that dropped and kick him. It's simple, but that's asked too much for some of you KDR players.... if only everyone would do this the whole revenge matter would be over soon.

Our revenge would be sweet.

Message 27 of 76 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jul 12, 2012
Revenge is for pros.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 28 of 76 (212 Views)
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Jul 12, 2012
Revenge is bad and if you use it you're bad.

Hi there Martyrdom V2.
Message 29 of 76 (201 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1136 posts

Jul 12, 2012
Revenge is a free ticket to get a kill.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like waffles
Message 30 of 76 (193 Views)