Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Revenge is okay in its principle, but the execution in UC3 has made it an annoyance. There are 2 things that should be done in terms of fairness:
- "Team Safe" it
- Prevent it from working in water
The first is simply from the fact that using Revenge near a teamate in a massive shootout puts the still-living player at an unfair disadvantage. The second is for [under]water stealth kills- since there isn't even a chance to throw back the grenade, it is a guranteed death on the assassin's part, making the whole concept of water stealth pointless.
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!
The SA boosters should be a good example of why Revenge is screwed up. Keep in mind I'm referring to all of these boosters as if they were Gold.
- Come Here (or whatever the one is called that lets you see the person who killed you last) requires you get killed by someone to then see that person and that persons name only. It only shows you where they are, but won't do anything in terms of damage.
- Let Me See lets you see eveyone on the other team for a short while, provided that you die at least twice in a row, but still does nothing in terms of damage.
- For My Buddy requires your buddy gets killed by an opponent and then you can see that person up to certain ranges.
- All three of those are instantly canceled with Cloaked on top of that.
- Revenge on the other hand drops anytime you die, every single time, and could potentially kill not just one but even multiple people, let alone damage them. It can also even drop a kickback grenade if you had it active.
Based on the above examples Revenge could be very effectively changed so that it's not as powerful as it is currently, but still reasonable enough to use for those that decide to.
New possible fix that I don't believe has been mentioned before:
- Make Revenge grenades only do half the damage of normal grenades. They could maintain the same knockdown range but only deal enough damage to take out half of a person's health. This would resolve the issue of Revenge grenades killing people using stealth when they should have the advantage for being stealthy in the first place. Remove random deaths from laggy Revenge grenades. Eliminate the possibility of running into a room at full health and instantly dying to the Revenge of a recently killed opponent. For those that like Revenge it would mean that as long as they did at least half damage to their enemies before they died they could still get their "Revenge." It would also greatly alleviate a lot of the team killing it causes. Essentially it would be a Revenge that does not give "Free Kills" and that's what we all want right?
I hate it. In fact, I would almost throw you into the same boat as the KAL and RoF users.
So why would you hate on KAL users? Some players actually aim that gun. *Cough*
Revenge is called revenge for a reason, when you die cause of a teammate and he uses that booster, you have the opportunity to get revenge by teamkilling him, standing in the nade that dropped and kick him. It's simple, but that's asked too much for some of you KDR players.... if only everyone would do this the whole revenge matter would be over soon.
Our revenge would be sweet.