Welcoming Committee
13778 posts

Re: What is your opinion on the revenge booster?

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2012

I kinda see why everyone is annoyed with Revenge. But... and there is a but here...

If a teammate is using it in TDM I don't really care, it only annoys me if they are near me or other teammates. The chances are the other team will get kills from that one bullet syndrome and revenge nade kills your teammates... yet other team gets the kill. That annoys me..

If your gonna use revenge go and die somewhere not near your own team.

Just don't use it in Objectives ever... Seriously.. we are all trying to capture a hill or something and a teammate runs in there, dies with his revenge gold and drops his mega bomb and everyone just dies... WHY... :smileyindifferent:

On the flip side, I have no annoyances about the unskilled kills other teams get while using it. If it wasn't such a pain for my teammates and I like to be near my team.. I'd be using it, but really I'm not selfish, I don't want to lose team points by killing my own team and magically gifting the opposition points.

Bottom line... A good teammate will never use it, If it's FFA though.. Go wild with it. Can't do anything except help you there I guess. I just don't see why someone would use it in a team game.

Message 71 of 76 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
554 posts

Jul 15, 2012

RevisIsland78 wrote:

Kayyay wrote:

RevisIsland78 wrote:
Remember when we took a poll (that I suggested) on the old forums and 3/4s of people wanted Revenge nerfed/replaced? And Revenge still remains...

How many people actually voted? You can't quote a random poll unless thousands of the UC3 players voted on it. Even a couple hundred isn't an accurate assessment to represent the actual player pool

And here goes another Revenge user disagreeing with me...

@Southpaw - Did you get my PSN message earlier?

Read my reply on page 6, I'm not a revenge user. My only problem is with people using information from a poll that got maybe 100 responses (I'm guessing) to try and reflect the opinion of the entire community.  If you're going to try and use some sort of information to back up your point, please make it a reliable source. With the amount of people that use revenge, I'm just going to guess that there is a large population of UC3 players that want it in the game.

Message 72 of 76 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Jul 15, 2012

Kayyay wrote:

RevisIsland78 wrote:

Kayyay wrote:

RevisIsland78 wrote:
Remember when we took a poll (that I suggested) on the old forums and 3/4s of people wanted Revenge nerfed/replaced? And Revenge still remains...

How many people actually voted? You can't quote a random poll unless thousands of the UC3 players voted on it. Even a couple hundred isn't an accurate assessment to represent the actual player pool

And here goes another Revenge user disagreeing with me...

@Southpaw - Did you get my PSN message earlier?

Read my reply on page 6, I'm not a revenge user. My only problem is with people using information from a poll that got maybe 100 responses (I'm guessing) to try and reflect the opinion of the entire community.  If you're going to try and use some sort of information to back up your point, please make it a reliable source. With the amount of people that use revenge, I'm just going to guess that there is a large population of UC3 players that want it in the game.

The opinions here are more valuable then random opinions due to most of the people here being dedicated players. Casuals (the kind of people who would use Revenge) are leaving anyway, so it's not really an issue.

While I understand your point that the poll isn't everything, Revenge is generally hated by almost everyone who doesn't use it.
Message 73 of 76 (95 Views)
Sackboy
554 posts

Jul 15, 2012
I hate revenge, plain and simple. But I don't agree that the opinions here are more valuable then those of the players that don't come to the forum. Ours are just more easily heard.
Message 74 of 76 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Jul 15, 2012
So all the casuals who are going to leave soon (if they haven't already) have as valuable opinions than the hardcore players who have been here from day 1 and are in for the long run?

I disagree.
Message 75 of 76 (62 Views)
Sackboy
554 posts

Jul 15, 2012
the casuals? no, their opinions aren't very important. But just because a player doesn't come to the forums and post their opinion doesn't automatically make them unimportant or not hardcore. I just have a problem with people on the forums that think that since they are posting their opinions on the forums that they are some kind of superior UC player. They aren't better than everyone else, they just care more.
Message 76 of 76 (59 Views)
0 Likes