Mar 31 2013
By: AlexDarkshield Sackboy 572 posts
Accepted Solution

What makes high health good? Tell me.

87 replies 633 views Edited Mar 31, 2013

I like crushing better. It's faster to get kills and survive (if there's 3 enemies around you).  

In the normal health, it takes forever and half the gun's clip. 

YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 88 (633 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Re: What makes high health good? Tell me.

Mar 31, 2013

I prefer higher health, suits better players and gives you more time to survive and escape (One of uncharted's core concepts).

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 88 (630 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5269 posts

Mar 31, 2013

people with better accuracy and skill prefer it since it makes no big difference really if your aim is good enough.

Whereas with lower health, all it takes is shooting first or getting the jump on them to win, resulting in more people camping and waiting for others to come by as well as overall more hiding since people, with low health, will be less inclined to even going out on the map.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 88 (621 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 31, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

people with better accuracy and skill prefer it since it makes no big difference really if your aim is good enough.

Whereas with lower health, all it takes is shooting first or getting the jump on them to win, resulting in more people camping and waiting for others to come by as well as overall more hiding since people, with low health, will be less inclined to even going out on the map.

Exactly it tailors to my playstyle perfectly, Highly aggressive. Even if you're a player who takes things slow, you will have more time to react and will feel safer walking around.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 88 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3863 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Creates a lag cushion, you know all those times when lag has made you shot through the wall and you were grey health and it finished you off, with higher health that won't happen.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 88 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

I wouldn't mind if the health was a little higher than it is now actually.  Also separate hitboxes would be nice.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 88 (605 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 31, 2013

harrisj16 wrote:

I wouldn't mind if the health was a little higher than it is now actually.

*Waiting for stuntdouble to make a post about hardcore* :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 88 (603 Views)
Fender Bender
2833 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

AlexDarkshield wrote:

I like crushing better. It's faster to get kills and survive (if there's 3 enemies around you).  

In the normal health, it takes forever and half the gun's clip. 

Naughty Dog made a big mistake lowering the health in Uncharted 2, luckily they realised that and brought high health back in Uncharted 3, I shall explain:

Uncharted is an action/adventure series, it's not a shooter, in your average shooter you just shoot, kill, reload, repeat, but in Uncharted there is more, you can make BBQ's, stealth takedowns, pull downs, kick offs and traversal is an important aspect of the game, all these elements would be worthless with low health, traversal for instance, if you want to climb and are dead in a second of shooting then no one would climb and just stay on the ground, also with stealth kills, people would not risk a stealth kill if their opponent can just turn around and quickly kill you and you have no chanche to escape, also why would people bother trying to kill someone with a propane tank, they would be dead before they could even throw it...

That's why :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 88 (583 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9805 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Because this isn't Cawadoody.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 88 (547 Views)
Fender Bender
4073 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Longer gun fights = better acc wins

Get shot in back = turn around, out side step them and win
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 88 (542 Views)
0 Likes