Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
197 posts

Re: What makes high health good? Tell me.

Apr 1, 2013

The thing about high health in Unharted 3 is that you barely notice it.

Wack n roll will kill you pretty much as fast as the the old Uncharted 2 method.
The main thing though that makes this higher health pretty much useless - the amount of power weapons you see in every game.
Pretty much everyone has them (Hammer, RPG, T-Bolt, Quickboom etc).
If you don't have one, people will just run away and retaliate with their activated kickback or they'll hide around a corner, waiting eagerly to wack n roll you.

Removal of spring and a reduction in the amount of power weapons and we would see these long, exciting gunfights some of you claim to exist.

Seeing 2 or more players running around like headless chickens while holding R1 is not an exciting gunfight, haha.

If ND would have reduced sprint, blndifre accuracy while running and giving some sort of increased stopping power while in cover then we would have far more gunfights and traversal gameplay with more usage of the cover system.

At times, this game just feels like a clunky version of Uncharted 2.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 88 (327 Views)
Sackboy
369 posts

Apr 1, 2013

^^ That, the only moment you notice there is high health is when you try to kill someone over a long distance with the messed up recoil Uncharted 3 has (seriously almost no game has that in the same genre)...

Close range fights have the feel of Uncharted 2, due to kickbacks, m9 rof, and lets not forget the lack of different hitboxes in Uncharted 3...

If they truly were the same, only then you would have a valid discussion about Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 health...

That said, I never played Uncharted 2 pre 1.05, and only knew how lower health was in that game..
 for Uncharted 3, I played Hardcore so I know that I prefered the 3 hit melees, but for the rest not so much..  it still bothers me that I am shooting 5 burst of the G-mal into someone, and that he still gets away cause of that recoil..

If they never intended that gun to be long range, don't put it in the game as a long range gun... simple.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 88 (298 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13329 posts

Apr 1, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

low health is good depending on the game, in terms of this particular game, it can't really be exxecuted well with how the platforming is setup, how much damage is individual gun does, what factors the speed of doing so and such, etc.

It is one-sided looking here because most people can see how low health (and have seen in UC2) would not work for the core aspects of this game.

Judging by the amount of people who stayed with U2, It's pretty categoric that it works.

Same goes for Uncharted 3.

Both work quite easily, I never had any problems getting around in Uncharted 2. Climbing was only an issue if I didn't check my surroundings.

Most people choose U2 most likely because of their huge hatred (still think it's silly) for U3. Doubt it's really because of the low health except for a few.

And also it really does feel like low health won't fit more in U3 than in U2. I'm not saying low health is bad, just for this game. I mean look at the crushing lab we had a while back, it wasn't that big of a reduction, but because of what this game has, it didn't work to well in my eyes in terms of how the game is meant to be played, which is traversal and such.

As for the U3 crushing lab, didn't have a problem climbing or surviving in that either.

The problem is that people don't know how to play intelligently.

There is also the factor that with the Crushing lab it didn't even matter, every kill was still the same, stlll everyone was hipfiring, that points at a true issue with the guns if people still wont aim when there is less health.

Sure I get the aiming part... Or I would if every death or every kill wasn't based on hipfire. The only time I really get killed by aiming is if someone is using a T-BOLT kickback or a Dragon.

Anyway point is. as far as Uncharted 3 goes, the health isn't even important, the rest of the game is a mess which negates any kind of health system they could put in place, they could make everything a 2 shot kill and people wouldn't aim, because most of the weapons are quite frankly unaimable for the masses. Not me, but I've heard the cries from new players, they are the same cries i heard in November of 2011. I heard one guy saying.. Why is this weapon bouncing around, it's impossible to track players. He was using the AK.. He went 1-19 Next game after I had kindly informed him that aiming is frowned upon in this game he went 10-9.

That is a true story which points out the flaws of the game, he also proceeded in telling me how hipfire due to the weapons recoil. makes the game much easier to kill people. So the moral of that short little story is, even a newbie can do average at the game and start abusing the health system due to the mechanics of hipfire. This game has no true health system because of the various ways to make it feel like it doesn't even exist.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 88 (291 Views)
Last Guardian
11094 posts

Apr 1, 2013
Sometimes i can't even notice the high health, some players are so laggy that... well... you know what i mean.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 88 (285 Views)
Wastelander
820 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

High Health is dumb as ****.  Get the jump on someone and still get killed, i am glad i left this mess of a game and went to Tomb Raider online. Suits my style just like socom 4 did, take notes naughtydog.

Winning a fight should be more than just about the better aim, getting a jump or ambush should be rewarded, as other tricks, not just who has the better straft.. thats boring. Tomb Raider traps into play.. i can have someone whos super good aim chase me, i can run around a box in circles, lay a mine really quick, they run into it and die, lol. not on dumb u3.

Edit: profanity

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 88 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

High Health is dumb as ****.  Get the jump on someone and still get killed, i am glad i left this mess of a game and went to Tomb Raider online. Suits my style just like socom 4 did, take notes naughtydog.

Winning a fight should be more than just about the better aim, getting a jump or ambush should be rewarded, as other tricks, not just who has the better straft.. thats boring. Tomb Raider traps into play.. i can have someone whos super good aim chase me, i can run around a box in circles, lay a mine really quick, they run into it and die, lol. not on dumb u3.

You can still get a jump on someone and kill them, you must just be a horrible player.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 88 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

You can still get a jump on someone and kill them, you must just be a horrible player.

Your childish cheapshots do not phase me,  i have numbers to back me up, i have a 4 KDR, i am #90 in the world on TR.. and you? And you are also a bad liar, on Uncharterted 3 you can have an advantage and get the jump on someone and because of the dumb high health they can away with ease. Nice try.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 88 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

Your childish cheapshots do not phase me,  i have numbers to back me up, i have a 4 KDR, i am #90 in the world on TR.. and you? And you are also a bad liar, on Uncharterted 3 you can have an advantage and get the jump on someone and because of the dumb high health they can away with ease. Nice try.

By the way, leaderboard rankings and KDR mean nothing in a game. On uncharted 3 I can get the jump on 5 players and wipe them all out. You need to learn to "adapt" to different types of games, not always play the ones that suite you 100% perfectly. 

Im no pro at Black Ops 2 but i can very easily adapt to that game, I can adapt to the campers, the snipers, the shotgunners and still do well. 

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 88 (226 Views)
Wastelander
820 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

By the way, leaderboard rankings and KDR mean nothing in a game. On uncharted 3 I can get the jump on 5 players and wipe them all out. You need to learn to "adapt" to different types of games, not always play the ones that suite you 100% perfectly. 

Im no pro at Black Ops 2 but i can very easily adapt to that game, I can adapt to the campers, the snipers, the shotgunners and still do well. 

Good, go "adapt", ill play what i am naturally good at and have fun from the start.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 88 (220 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Is Desp mentally challenged or something?

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 88 (201 Views)
0 Likes