Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2127 posts

Re: What makes high health good? Tell me.

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

Look I'm not sticking up for him.

I don't know him and dont follow all his posts.

From what I was saying about the health of U3 is I dont really feel like the heath was even changed from U2 to U3.

What changed was the gun, and aiming mechanics.

Then they added all the kickbacks, then added lag and tag(whack and roll) and some others.

To me there is no arguement, U3 does not in its current state or release state have ever had HIGH health or what I would consider high health.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 88 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 4, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Well then.

First off I'm friends with a pretty good amount of people on the forums and they will flat out tell you that Uncharted is their first and only multi player.

A video comparison that was made on this forums showed that every gun in this game kills in ONE second or less on normal health.

Nearly every post or topic on this forum is complaining about overpowered or nerf this or nerf that.

That being said, you wouldnt being hearing that if health was really that high.

With you saying all the fps games, well the same can be said about what do you have to compare Uncharted because their aren't really any others to actually compare it too.

And how many friends you have on this forum ?

and again no gun kills you in one second in this game unless it's a 'T-Bolt, SAS, Shottie or a Dragon Headshot' not even on crushing health you get killed in a second as I said UC3 is a faster game than UC2 you even run faster in UC3 without sprinting, so that video comparison is slightly flawed since it's comparing a slower rate of fire to that of one slightly faster so kill time will be on par but you can actually react to being shot in the back in UC3 compared to UC2.

We had Hardcore mode & people still weren't satisfied, if Hardcore health was the standard people would be asking for weapon buffs don't mistake people 'complaining' about OP weapons and asking for nerfs as a failure on the current health, UC3 is simply an unbalanced game the health is fine.

You are right there arent alot of TPS that sells like Uncharted  other than Gears of War that's because the genre has suffered over the years especially with the rise of COD everyone is trying to have their own so the fact the UC series can stand out & on it's own in a market dominated by FPS isn't something to be overlooked because there isn't a MP game like UC3 out there, I can find 10 games that offer a similar experience to COD/BF3 though.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 88 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
572 posts

Apr 4, 2013
With the gun recoil in Uncharted 3, I think crushing is better. As a result, I want it back in the lab. It's more fun like that.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 88 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Zidane_Finito

So how far you make it into U2?

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 88 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

From what I was say about the health of U3 is I dont really feel like the heath was even changed from U2 to U3.

Then they added all the kickbacks, then added lag and tag(whack and roll).

To me there is no arguement, U3 doen't not in its current state or release state have ever had HIGH health or what I would consider high health.

Yeah, ND are **bleep** liars. They said they WON'T lower the health till release and what did they do after the summer beta? They removed separate leg hitboxes and effectively lowered the health that way since the subway beta. The still insane aim assist compared to the summer beta (UC2 style aim assist) and blindfire also adds to it.

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 88 (165 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

Wow re-reading my post I need to grammer check myself.

Or not be on the internet while working.

and dont get me started on hit boxes.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 88 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 4, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Is Desp mentally challenged or something?

No I dont think he is.

He's just more open minded and obviously thinks more and some of you do.

Low health games sell.

Both Black Ops and Battle field out sell Uncharted.

This low health high health argument is "mentally challenged".

Both have their pros and cons

Any one of you who doesn't understand that needs to get your lips off ND's behind.

High health along with what some of you have said as pros also allows you to be careless and play stupidly relying on the high health as a crutch.

I play both high and low health games and I'm not an Uncharted (ND) fanboy.

Also I'm not a fan boy of Dice or Treyarch.

I'm a fan of getting things straight.

Most of you dont even play anything other than Uncharted and most of you Uncharted is also the first multiplayer you have played. How you form an opinion on health astounds me.

Low heath makes you easier to kill yes, it makes new players able to kill you yes.

But if your were true PRO"S then you wouldnt be in the situation where a new player had the jump on you.

Low health also doesn't give LOW PING players the massive advantage that high health does in Uncharted.

High health means the game can be less stress full and more fun.

I do enjoy low health but it can be stressful because your concentrating on not screwing up.

I kudo'd some of the previous posters because at least some people on this forum have enough brains to understand the pros and cons of both.

Preference in health doesn't mean its better, It means YOU like it better. PERIOD.

LOL @ Uncharted being high health, every gun kills in about 1second and your nearly dying from and kick back or power weapon every other second.------------ your playing 3rd person Black ops.
Along with U3's p poor match making and lag, high health HA.

I was never against low health... just against low health in THIS game. Have you read despurado's posts? He literally admits that since the game (Tomb raider) allows him to play with a campy broken playstyle that he prefers, he likes it way more than Uncharted. Along with the fact that he cries because he can't get kills in uncharted because of the high health.

You lost me at open minded, he is the complete opposite of that seeing as that since the game doesn't exactly suit his playstyle that makes it horrible trash. Totally open minded there...

You said that most guns kill in 1< second already so the health is fine where is as most people still have time to react enough to have a chance of fighting back or escaping, if the health were lower in the game then that 1< second kill time will be so much more less that it wouldn't even be a competition anymore, just hide n' seek of who can hit who with 2-3 bullets first. along with a camping sight, which is obviously not what the game is intended to be.

this game's high health lets traversal be possible and also allows for a chance to escape getting jumped or surprised. If this wasn't there then the close range guns would be waay more capable at longer ranges and traversal would be punished as you are an open target.

Bottom line: Desp is entirely close minded and can't form a good argument other than "I do good in TR look at my KDR, Uncharted sux lawl go die ND" and low health high health,no health, infinite health whatever, I don't care what the health is as long as it works for the game, and in my opinion; low health doesn't work for THIS particular game.

I think it's really funny that at one point of time, all desp did was hide in the back of a map with a ROF,Blindfire M9 or Kal-7 and do nothing but blindfire. He got really mad when my "overpowered Pistole" removed him from his tent so he said he would own me so badly in a 1v1. We had our 1v1, about 4 of them since he couldn't beat me in any. 

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 88 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 4, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

From what I was saying about the health of U3 is I dont really feel like the heath was even changed from U2 to U3.

Then they added all the kickbacks, then added lag and tag(whack and roll) and some others.

To me there is no arguement, U3 does not in its current state or release state have ever had HIGH health or what I would consider high health.

Also Death, I will agree the health is a slight improvment over UC2 but if you look at desp's posts (I think earlier in this same thread) he complains about he gets the jump on someone and still cant kill them. Then he goes on to say how much of a bad liar I'am and how great his Tomb Raider rankings are.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 88 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 4, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

Zidane_Finito

So how far you make it into U2?

pretty far actually got to level 60 but I gave my lil Bro my other PS3 last year & made a different PSN I still play UC2 occasionally as well.

Anything else ?:smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 88 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2600 posts

Apr 4, 2013

I'd be willing to hear the entire Desp story. :smileyhappy:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 88 (101 Views)
0 Likes