Welcoming Committee
12983 posts

Re: What makes high health good? Tell me.

Apr 1, 2013

I love how people miss out some vitals.

Yeah the higher health points are valid.

Lower Health promotes smarter gameplay and better reactions.

They both have pros and cons. But you'd imagine it's one sided by looking here.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 88 (315 Views)
Sackboy
541 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2013

Higher health promotes proper gunfights and encourages players to actually traverse the map. With low health, it's all about getting the first shot on your opponent. If you get shot in back with low health, just forget it. There's no point in even trying to react.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 88 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5269 posts

Apr 1, 2013

low health is good depending on the game, in terms of this particular game, it can't really be exxecuted well with how the platforming is setup, how much damage is individual gun does, what factors the speed of doing so and such, etc.

It is one-sided looking here because most people can see how low health (and have seen in UC2) would not work for the core aspects of this game.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 88 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Apr 1, 2013
I'll lay down the shizz here. No "better" or "sucks" words. Those are subjective.

Low Health
- better reaction times from people
- promotes not standing still like a moron
- forces people to keep moving because health is to low to counterattack when jumped
- less ammo needed to kill = more kills per clip
- promotes the "shooter" part of UC3

Cons
- Traversal is riskier (weird for a traversal shooter)
- blindfire is AMAZING here
- you can aim a KAL and win. Yep
- wackyrolls
- you die before you know what hit you
(- this isn't HC mode)

Higher health
- 3HK melee
- you are encouraged to climb stuff
- guns take longer to kill, so you can run away and stuff
- some power weapons seem better for whoever's getting shot (SAS isn't 1HK, for example)
- you can actually escape blindfire
(- HC mode)

Cons
- triple-diple-teaming funsies
- more ammo needed to kill = less killed people per clip
- you know how annoying it is to shoot someone so many times and yet he wins?
- blindfire chasing
- if someone's lagging, they're practically godmode now
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 88 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2833 posts

Apr 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I'll lay down the shizz here. No "better" or "sucks" words. Those are subjective.

Low Health
- better reaction times from people

:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 88 (291 Views)
Sackboy
541 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2013

@Stunt
Some very good points there. Personally, I prefer high health, even though lag and triple-teaming are unbearable when combined with it. Still, I think it fits Uncharted better. One thing I love about Uncharted are the insane shootouts, and I wouldn't want to lose that.
Ah, I still remember getting triple-teamed in HC mode... :smileyhappy: Still one of the coolest modes, for sure.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 88 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Apr 1, 2013
@Matt

*faster
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 88 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12983 posts

Apr 1, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

low health is good depending on the game, in terms of this particular game, it can't really be exxecuted well with how the platforming is setup, how much damage is individual gun does, what factors the speed of doing so and such, etc.

It is one-sided looking here because most people can see how low health (and have seen in UC2) would not work for the core aspects of this game.

Judging by the amount of people who stayed with U2, It's pretty categoric that it works.

Same goes for Uncharted 3.

Both work quite easily, I never had any problems getting around in Uncharted 2. Climbing was only an issue if I didn't check my surroundings.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 88 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Apr 1, 2013
Based on preference, I guess. Some like low health, some like high health. Eh
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 88 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5269 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Judging by the amount of people who stayed with U2, It's pretty categoric that it works.

Same goes for Uncharted 3.

Both work quite easily, I never had any problems getting around in Uncharted 2. Climbing was only an issue if I didn't check my surroundings.

Most people choose U2 most likely because of their huge hatred (still think it's silly) for U3. Doubt it's really because of the low health except for a few.

And also it really does feel like low health won't fit more in U3 than in U2. I'm not saying low health is bad, just for this game. I mean look at the crushing lab we had a while back, it wasn't that big of a reduction, but because of what this game has, it didn't work to well in my eyes in terms of how the game is meant to be played, which is traversal and such.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 88 (217 Views)
0 Likes