Fender Bender
3542 posts

Re: What's the secret to successful strafing??

Jan 13, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Also once you've mastered strafing with FF, it's actually easier for you to strafe without it 

Well yeah, b/cause it's slower. 

Do you feel me?

Message 11 of 27 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2630 posts

Jan 13, 2014

duke_of_platypus wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Also once you've mastered strafing with FF, it's actually easier for you to strafe without it 

Well yeah, b/cause it's slower. 

That was not the point & it's actually not easier to strafe at a slower pace. J.S 

But what I meant is once they have gotten accustomed to strafing they'll simply find themselves doing it by default without the need for FF.

Message 12 of 27 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jan 13, 2014

I was like you thinking that I am bad at aiming. But play a lot of custom games and use fleet foot as yr booster. Make sure you move while using it. And see this video might help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwiD0tKNZfY

Message 13 of 27 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jan 13, 2014
The secret is to rely on your aim and not focus to much on your strafes. I use cloak with 10 sensitivity. Hardly anyone gets me Headup FF or not lol.
Photobucket
Message 14 of 27 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 13, 2014

Practice the mechanics of it in coop but don't get too complacent...against human-controlled opponents, you'll still need to "take it to the next level" in competitive.

Message 15 of 27 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Jan 13, 2014

I never strafe, **bleep** strafing...

Message 16 of 27 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

Jan 13, 2014

well i hardly never aim and i never got the hand of fleet foot

but the little stuff i didnt notice when i aimed

its not just straffing left to rigth, you should add a little of back and forth to the left and rigth

because when you add a little backwards the game takes this as if u move away from incoming bullets giving you more time to avoid them before they hit(relativity) and adding foward add more faster bullets coming to the enemy forcing a bit of stopping power on them to allow you to kill them

try to shoot automatics by tapping R1 in groupd of 4 bullets with very fast intervals between the groups, this is better than just holding on to r1 until u run out of bullets

feel it, turn off vibration and hear and feel the bullets reaction to you and keep an eye out for the little x that mark where bullets have hit the enemy body, they reveal the last location a bullet hit and reveal the direction you should be moving to the dot get in more bullets

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Message 17 of 27 (310 Views)
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Jan 13, 2014

Steven1379 wrote:

well i hardly never aim and i never got the hand of fleet foot

but the little stuff i didnt notice when i aimed

its not just straffing left to rigth, you should add a little of back and forth to the left and rigth

because when you add a little backwards the game takes this as if u move away from incoming bullets giving you more time to avoid them before they hit(relativity) and adding foward add more faster bullets coming to the enemy forcing a bit of stopping power on them to allow you to kill them

try to shoot automatics by tapping R1 in groupd of 4 bullets with very fast intervals between the groups, this is better than just holding on to r1 until u run out of bullets

feel it, turn off vibration and hear and feel the bullets reaction to you and keep an eye out for the little x that mark where bullets have hit the enemy body, they reveal the last location a bullet hit and reveal the direction you should be moving to the dot get in more bullets

steven, no one is taking your advice when it comes to aiming, no offense :smileytongue:

Message 18 of 27 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2686 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2014

A left thumb

Message 19 of 27 (297 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 13, 2014

you just need to time your straffing i guess youre probably going one way too slow or fast it just takes practice as ultiple people said

add me on psn! LIKEABAWS1996 http://www.speedtest.net/result/3232319070.png
Message 20 of 27 (285 Views)
0 Likes