Reply
Aug 02 2013
By: runner21 Uncharted Territory 1350 posts
Offline

What type of Loadout System should Uncharted 4 have?

28 replies 409 views Edited Aug 2, 2013

As most of you know, Uncharted 3 isn't the most balanced multiplayer ever made. Most of these issues can be traced back to the Loadout System, something that is quite broken. Inspired by other MP games, I was curious which Loadout System you guys* think Uncharted 4 should have? As far as I know, these are the most popular:

 

1 - Fixed [BF3]

2 - Fixed w/ Upgrades [Uncharted 3, Black Ops]

3 - "Pick 10"/Points [TLoU, Black Ops II]

4 - Restricted/None [Uncharted 2]

5 - Other

 

So what would you like to see? Me personally, I would love to see Uncharted 4 have a Points system. It's extremely flexible, and makes loadout balance relatively simple. Things like RoF or Fleet Foot Gold would eat up those points, as they should.

 

 

NOTE: I'm not quite sure if BF3 has a true fixed loadout, so please correct me with a proper game. Just imagine Uncharted 3's loadout system, but with U2's boosters. Nothing can be "made better", just unlocked.

 

*whoever is left Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 29 (409 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/13/2012
Offline
698 posts
 

Re: What type of Loadout System should Uncharted 4 have?

Aug 3, 2013

I would really like to see a pick 10-like system. I think BO2 really hit customization on the head, but most importantly I don't like having to level up boosters. It only promotes boosting. If not, then a system like UC3. Only ND needs to spend some serious time balancing guns, boosters, and mods. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

 


Worst speed test ever.png


 


Message 2 of 29 (398 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/02/2011
Online
2392 posts
 

Re: What type of Loadout System should Uncharted 4 have?

Aug 3, 2013
I want them to balance six weapons perfectly, (three long guns and three pistols) each suited for their own ranges, then have everything else as a pickup weapon.
Pepsi
Message 3 of 29 (391 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14231 posts
 

Re: What type of Loadout System should Uncharted 4 have?

Aug 3, 2013

No loadout system.

 

Go back to how Uncharted 2 was.

 

Pickup Weapons > Loadout Weapons



Message 4 of 29 (379 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/11/2009
Offline
261 posts
 

Re: What type of Loadout System should Uncharted 4 have?

Aug 3, 2013

It's funny how the developers are having a dilemma balancing the spawn weapons when there are only 10.. anyways, I think the issue is not with the actual loadout system, but with the content. The developers threw in so much content they forgot they had to balance it, an example is quickboom... like, really, ND? Did you HAVE to put that there? Did you think of ways to counter it? 

I crash camel into bridge I no care I love it
-Pakalu Papito
Message 5 of 29 (372 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/27/2010
Offline
3480 posts
 

Re: What type of Loadout System should Uncharted 4 have?

Aug 3, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

No loadout system.

 

Go back to how Uncharted 2 was.

 

Pickup Weapons > Loadout Weapons


^ THIS ^ is the golden post. 

Message 6 of 29 (359 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: What type of Loadout System should Uncharted 4 have?

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

AS much as I hate TLOU, their system promotes the most balance for me. I don't like UC2's pickup weapon system because it's pretty much first to the shotgun/Hammer/Sniper/power wep.

And as far as I'm concerned, UC3's loadout system is a little.... screwed up.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 7 of 29 (347 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
1541 posts
 

Re: What type of Loadout System should Uncharted 4 have?

Aug 3, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

AS much as I hate TLOU, their system promotes the most balance for me. I don't like UC2's pickup weapon system because it's pretty much first to the shotgun/Hammer/Sniper/power wep.

And as far as I'm concerned, UC3's loadout system is a little.... screwed up.



And U3 isn't?

I don't mind the current loadout system. Customisation = Creativity

Bang Bang!

Message 8 of 29 (344 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: What type of Loadout System should Uncharted 4 have?

Aug 3, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

AS much as I hate TLOU, their system promotes the most balance for me. I don't like UC2's pickup weapon system because it's pretty much first to the shotgun/Hammer/Sniper/power wep.

And as far as I'm concerned, UC3's loadout system is a little.... screwed up.



And U3 isn't?

I don't mind the current loadout system. Customisation = Creativity


IT's more of "first to get the KAL 7/M9 oh wait I can buy it anyway I'll just slap on RoF and Voila"

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 9 of 29 (341 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
1541 posts
 

Re: What type of Loadout System should Uncharted 4 have?

Aug 3, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

AS much as I hate TLOU, their system promotes the most balance for me. I don't like UC2's pickup weapon system because it's pretty much first to the shotgun/Hammer/Sniper/power wep.

And as far as I'm concerned, UC3's loadout system is a little.... screwed up.



And U3 isn't?

I don't mind the current loadout system. Customisation = Creativity


IT's more of "first to get the KAL 7/M9 oh wait I can buy it anyway I'll just slap on RoF and Voila"


Yeah, they take out everything which improves the guns' damage for U4 and it'll be perfect. There'll still be Reload Speed and Max Ammo and everything but RoF, Accuracy and Blindfire Accuracy is gone forever.

Bang Bang!

Message 10 of 29 (339 Views)
Reply
0 Likes