Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: What type of Loadout System should Uncharted 4 have?

Aug 3, 2013

Blindfire

Stop this from being a main tactic and I'm okay.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 11 of 29 (326 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

I don't mind the current loadout system. TLOU MP's point system is a bit restricting IMHO (I still haven't used a purchasable weapon). It doesn't promote variety.

What bothers me the most in this game is its goddamn fragmented pool and the lag consequences.

Say what you want, but a different loadout system won't make it more fun to play against of Po5 from Ecuador.

What I want for UC4 MP:

1) Few playlists and many modes.

2) 4-player Co-op.

3) Mercenary mode and quad splitscreen (it's a fair compromise to bolster the player pool in a brand new console).

4) F2P from day 1 (people are gonna whine about PS+, so give them a way to play).

5) Free DLC maps and everything else (skins/hats/emblems/weapons etc.) should be charged.

6) Better moderation/quicker bans.

7) No leaderboard shenanigans.

8) 1080p30

9) Glitch-free cinema mode and the ability to save cinema files in a USB stick.

10) Ping filter toggle.

11) Spectator mode and more options in Custom Game.

12) An option to late join friends.

13) TLOU MP's invite system is perfect. It allows you to join a friend's lobby without any penalty, even when you're playing a match. Just copy/paste it.

14) See who's in a friend's party.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 12 of 29 (320 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

I don't mind the current loadout system. TLOU MP's point system is a bit restricting IMHO (I still haven't used a purchasable weapon). It doesn't promote variety.

What bothers me the most in this game is its goddamn fragmented pool and the lag consequences.

Say what you want, but a different loadout system won't make it more fun to play against of Po5 from Equador.

What I want for UC4 MP:

1) Few playlists and many modes.

2) 4-player Co-op.

3) Mercenary mode and quad splitscreen (it's a fair compromise to bolster the player pool in a brand new console).

4) F2P from day 1 (people are gonna whine about PS+, so give them a way to play).

5) Free DLC maps and everything else (skins/hats/emblems/weapons etc.) should be charged.

6) Better moderation/quicker bans.

7) No leaderboard shenanigans.

8) 1080p30

9) Glitch-free cinema mode and the ability to save cinema files in a USB stick.

10) Ping filter toggle.

11) Spectator mode and more options in Custom Game.

12) An option to late join friends.

13) TLOU MP's invite system is perfect. It allows you to join a friend's lobby without any penalty, even when you're playing a match. Just copy/paste it.

14) See who's in a friend's party.

Everything which is DLC should be able to be purchased in game. Like a map pack should be able to be purchased for $10,000,000 in-game if not more. Make people work for the maps.

Also, you can save cinema files to a USB stick... Send the cinema file to yourself, save it to your XMB and then put it on to a USB. How do you think people edit videos with clips from Uncharted?

Bang Bang!

Message 13 of 29 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 3, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

1) Everything which is DLC should be able to be purchased in game. Like a map pack should be able to be purchased for $10,000,000 in-game if not more. Make people work for the maps.

2) Also, you can save cinema files to a USB stick... Send the cinema file to yourself, save it to your XMB and then put it on to a USB. How do you think people edit videos with clips from Uncharted?

1) NO! The pool needs to be unified to minimize lag. Making people "work" for the maps would just increase lag.

I would agree if you were talking about DLC skins, though.

2) I said cinema files, not video files. Smiley Wink

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 14 of 29 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

1) Everything which is DLC should be able to be purchased in game. Like a map pack should be able to be purchased for $10,000,000 in-game if not more. Make people work for the maps.

2) Also, you can save cinema files to a USB stick... Send the cinema file to yourself, save it to your XMB and then put it on to a USB. How do you think people edit videos with clips from Uncharted?

1) NO! The pool needs to be unified to minimize lag. Making people "work" for the maps would just increase lag.

I would agree if you were talking about DLC skins, though.

2) I said cinema files, not video files. Smiley Wink

1. People should have to meet requirements then. Have some certain treasures and then trade them in with the millions of dollars to get the maps. Also, they will have to be top legacy, top level or some other kind of requirement will have to be met.

2. Could you explain the difference please? ._.

Bang Bang!

Message 15 of 29 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 3, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

1. People should have to meet requirements then. Have some certain treasures and then trade them in with the millions of dollars to get the maps. Also, they will have to be top legacy, top level or some other kind of requirement will have to be met.

1) No and I explained why. DLC maps should be available for everyone without any requirements.

Honestly, I'm surprised that you live in an isolated region (from a gamer population perspective) and you want to limit the player pool for no reason... are you sure that it will be beneficial for you from a lag perspective? Smiley Wink

2) Cinema files are small files (5-10MB) that contain the coordinates (X, Y, Z) of the players. They're not actual video files (i.e. H.264).

They need to be rendered to video files to upload them to YouTube.

Me, Rockshow2oo8 and others had suggested this idea during the Summer beta, but ND ignored it...

Message 16 of 29 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

I say for Uncharted 4, don't downgrade the graphics from SP to MP. Surely it won't be a problem with all that RAM on PS4. 

Message 17 of 29 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

I'm an aesthetic junkie and I'm cool with paying for hats as long ad they actually look serious.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 18 of 29 (283 Views)
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Aug 3, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I'm an aestgeticjunkie and I'm cool with paying for hats as long ad they actually look serious
I want seasons back. Uncharted 2 MP + Holiday-related items/skins were the best. 

Message 19 of 29 (279 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

1) No and I explained why. DLC maps should be available for everyone without any requirements.

Honestly, I'm surprised that you live in an isolated region (from a gamer population perspective) and you want to limit the player pool for no reason... are you sure that it will be beneficial for you from a lag perspective? Smiley Wink

2) Cinema files are small files (5-10MB) that contain the coordinates (X, Y, Z) of the players. They're not actual video files (i.e. H.264).

They need to be rendered to video files to upload them to YouTube.

Me, Rockshow2oo8 and others had suggested this idea during the Summer beta, but ND ignored it...

Ohhhhh. Don't ask me why I said that thing about DLC, I think I was high on ice-cream at that time...

Bang Bang!

Message 20 of 29 (273 Views)