Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Re: What type of Loadout System should Uncharted 4 have?

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Say what you want, but a different loadout system won't make it more fun to play against of Po5 from Ecuador.

True, but it's also fun if you don't have to use RoF to win. Then again, RoF won't do **** if you can't shoot the lagger. So I guess I'd have to agree in saying that Matchmaking is probably more important then balance. Hopefully both will be solved.

tapantaola wrote:

What I want for UC4 MP:

1) Few playlists and many modes.

2) 4-player Co-op.

3) Mercenary mode and quad splitscreen (it's a fair compromise to bolster the player pool in a brand new console).

4) F2P from day 1 (people are gonna whine about PS+, so give them a way to play).

5) Free DLC maps and everything else (skins/hats/emblems/weapons etc.) should be charged.

6) Better moderation/quicker bans.

7) No leaderboard shenanigans.

8) 1080p30

9) Glitch-free cinema mode and the ability to save cinema files in a USB stick.

10) Ping filter toggle.

11) Spectator mode and more options in Custom Game.

12) An option to late join friends.

13) TLOU MP's invite system is perfect. It allows you to join a friend's lobby without any penalty, even when you're playing a match. Just copy/paste it.

14) See who's in a friend's party.

Couldn't agree more. Referring to number 3, why again did Naughty Dog only include 2-player splitscreen in Uncharted 3? I recall reading two different things, those being:

1) After implementing 3D, they decided to use that same technique (having to render twice as often) for having Split-screen. From there, Naughty Dog just didn't take it a step further. Could've happened, but they didn't do it.

2) There was an issue with how the game wasn't rendering in 16:9 if using a 4-way split, yet each frame was still in HD...? Something along those lines, I believe. I never understood this, as the game runs fine in both 4:3 SD and 16:9 HD, each compatible with split-screen (one not having the black borders, of course).

Not sure if these are accurate, but having 4-way split-screen seems like too great of an addition along side a 4-Player Co-op.

Message 21 of 29 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 3, 2013

RoF didn't bother me that much when the game was relatively lag-free and the G-MAL was more useful, but maybe that's just me.

Regarding splitscreen, it's not possible to implement 4-way splitscreen on the PS3.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-uncharted-3-beta-tech-analysis?page=2

^ 2-way splitscreen is already pushing it to its limits (subHD, sub-30fps).

4-way splitscreen should be relatively easy to implement on the PS4. It would have the same resolution as the Vita (960x544) and the graphics should be better than the PS3.

Also, people who don't like splitscreeners (understandable) should just stick to the mercenary playlists. Splitscreeners will only be allowed to join the party playlists. Smiley Happy

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 22 of 29 (339 Views)
Splicer
88 posts

Aug 8, 2013
They should have 4 long and 4 secondary.
long:
AK47
G-Mal
FAl-SS
Dragon Sniper
Secondary:
Para 9
Arm Micro
Rafflica
Tau Sniper
AK47 beats G-Mal l at short range and is bested by Dragon and G-Mal at long
G-Mal beats AK at long And FAL-SS at short and is bested by Dragon at long and FAL-SS at long.
FAL-SS beats G-Mal at long range and and is bested by G-Mal at close range and by Dragon at long.

This system makes each weapon user useful to beating other players
The dragon can kill all at long range, as long as they have not been seen and it is very easy to kill Dragon user at short range but harder at long range.

The pistls are the same amount of equality except for their use, range, and whether they are semi or fully automatic.

Grenades will do half damage to life unless exploded directly upon, and the Dragon will do more damage depending on which zone on the body is hit.
example:
Head- 4/4 damage
Chest-2/4 damage
Legs and feet-1/4 damage with the chance to slow them down.

Ok if you have more suggestions add to my idea. bye.
Message 23 of 29 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Aug 10, 2013
They should also have a mode called
"Make it or Drake it"
Where you can spawn withyor loadout weapons and you must defeat a highly powered enemy with an awesome weapon and ten other people including you, must defeat this enemy who can be randomly be chosen as one of these characters:
drake
eddy
elana
sully
atoq
roman
lazarovic
draza
marlowe
talbot
ramses
and in the end when they are close to death they can get explosives.. RPG M32 hammer, ect.
There should also be a decendents mode, where you fight tons of decendents in older maps that are recreated from UDF.

move on now.
Message 24 of 29 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Aug 10, 2013

I like UNcharted 2's system. It feels so...lovely. 

Do you feel me?

Message 25 of 29 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Aug 13, 2013
I think there just needs to be less wepons and boosters and better balancing but if I had to choose then I'd keep the uncharted 3 style with as I said less wepons and boosters
Message 26 of 29 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3465 posts

Aug 13, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

I would really like to see a pick 10-like system. I think BO2 really hit customization on the head, but most importantly I don't like having to level up boosters. It only promotes boosting. If not, then a system like UC3. Only ND needs to spend some serious time balancing guns, boosters, and mods. 

I wouldn't mind leveling boosters if the challenges that you must achieve to level them has anything to do with trying to win a match, bad examples in UC3 are:

- let me see, you have to get the 'avenger' medal, it forces players to let teammates die and then shoot the opponent, instead of trying to save him (which makes me also think why the avenger is worth 350 points and defender only 250...)

- endurance, you have to get the 'marathon runner' medal, so instead of being careful, it forces players that want to level up that boosters to run like crazy around the map, making them easy targets for the opponents

- bargain, you have to get the 'three kickback king' medal, to achieve that, people will use a useless kickback that only requires a few medals, and they will only activate is just to get the medal, instead of using a good kickback and use it to defeat opponents

also, some medals should only be able to leveled up in certain modes, for instance, I don't mind leveling cloaked (making stealthkills) or scoped in (get long rangers), but because you can level those in plunder, people go camping or sneaking in plunder instead of trying to capture the idol, so those boosters shouldn't work in plunder or team objective

Message 27 of 29 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3465 posts

Aug 13, 2013

on-topic: 4, I like how it was in Uncharted 2, but in addition to that system I would like the weapons to be at differenent places each match, so that not everyone runs at a certain spot...

Message 28 of 29 (256 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1122 posts

Aug 14, 2013

Absolutely no loadout System is ideal or any of the kickback/powerplay garbage.  Stick with the Uncharted 2 layout where you pick up weapons as you play and improve upon it.

Blame it on the Developers and Fanboy Community. 

Message 29 of 29 (245 Views)