Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 20 2013
By: Lordidude Wastelander 617 posts

What we'll NEVER get to see

[ Edited ]
54 replies 1278 views Edited Apr 29, 2013

Note: This is NOT a list of what I consider should or shouldn't be changed and fixed.

It's just a list of how probable it is to hope for some changes and where we should give up hope because ND has disappointed us way too often already.

Hello!

I'll make a list where I will explain you why ND won't make certain changes in some points and what could be possible.

Often I'll just tell you my personal opinion, but as much as possible I will try to give you reliable sources.

So help, discussion and inputs are very welcome.

To start with there is one major point which has a huge influence:

The Last of Us!

Because they are developing TLOU, it's very likely that they will use as many people as possible to create the game.

They already postponed the game once -> this means they probably moved people from UC3 to TLOU so they can release the as they planned.

This is a major point and should be considered with every possibility below.

Red means most likely/definitely no changes

Orange means changes unlikely

Green means changes possible (not necessarily changes confirmed)

So let's start.

General balancing

It's very unlikely that they will balance the weapons themselves, mods, boosters or kickbacks.

- They stated often enough that they are confident with the current state and don't see needs to make changes.

- Many times they already nerfed many things. And because before and after every nerf people are complaining, I guess ND thinks something like this: "We can't satisfy all players anyway, so let's just make no changes anymore"

- The last balance nerf/boost was months ago. They concluded all possible nerfs there.

I'm sorry to say that RoF will stay here forever.

Blindfire

They definitely will NOT change blindfire.

ND told us they wanted to make the MP more accessible for newer players.

- The main point is, the whole game is designed in a way to ensure and create CQC situations:

* The whole blindfire-system is corrupted and way too strong. Besides they already nerfed blindfire accuracy, range and walking speed while firing and the jumpshot.

* Sprint (no explanation needed)

* Boosters (Endurance, Team Safe)

* Kickbacks (Speedy G, Militia Man, Shootie)

* Kal-7

* Blindfire-Mods

* Melee-Rolling (for the last time, this isn't a "glitch" it is intended)

* CQC-supporting maps and areas (Yemen, Highrise, Desert Village)

The point is, the whole game is designed around blindfire - they would ruin their intentions if they made blindfire more useless. And this they won't do.

Wetsuit Elena, Riki Raja...

They stated in the Q&A and in the comments on their homepage that this definitely will not happen.

According to ND, these characters don't fit in the Uncharted 3 universe.

Power Plays

They will definitely not change this absolutely broken mechanic.

- They stated that, like the general balancing, power plays is nothing they plan to look into.

- There was only one single change they made considering power plays: Nearly two years ago when they removed the powerplay "Cursed"

New Weapons/Boosters/Kickbacks

Will definitely never happen.

- Solely for the reason that it's even not possible for them at the moment to balance the weapons and mechanics who are in the game right now. This is sad, because we had great threads for new boosters and kickbacks.

- ND also debunked this many times.

- Besides there aren't many more possible weapons or weapon types, besides of variations of weapons we already have. So it wouldn't make much sense.

Lag/Matchmaking

- This is a technical issue that isn't changeable anymore. They would have to change the whole connection and server system. This is - logically enough - too expensive and time consuming and make it impossible.

I'm sorry, but lag will stay a part of this game.

New game modes

- This will not happen for the same reason ND won't bring new weapons.

- Elimination and Lab was probably importable from UC2, which is a main reason they implemented them in UC3.

- Completely new modes are too time consuming and besides it's too late

New Legacies

- They told too many times that they will not do this.

- People wouldn't be happy if new legacies would happen

- There wouldn't be benefits from a new legacy

Golden Star

- Too late to implement it and combining it with an achievement

- People not really interested in it.

_____

Tournament

It's possible that they could make some changes but if they do, the possibilities are limited.

+ This is something quite new and the first time they created such a system. So obviously it's not immediately perfect.

+ If people don't play, people don't pay. Fixes could bring more people to buy tickets.

+ A few weeks ago they introduced the platinum tier and new things to win. So they are actively supporting the tournament system.

- Some issues (freezing, glitches, quitting, matchmaking) have their origin in other parts than the tournament system itself. So a few fixes need changes that actually aren't possible or too time consuming.

- If they make it too accessible and easy people won't need to buy tickets.

New Real DLC (Maps)

New maps isn't likely to happen. It takes too much time, TLOU is coming.

Although if there's enough players who would buy it, it could be done.

+ If the community is big enough and the possibility of many people buying the game is strong enough, ND could release a new map pack.

+ I'm sure they still have some unused material (not only Dry Docks) which could be worked on. So they maybe don't have a need to start from zero.

+ ND stated this is something they don't look into at the moment, but could be considered in the future

- It's too late and the last real DLC happened way too long ago.

- TLOU is around the corner

_____

New Levels 76 - 100

Will it ever happen? We don't know, but I hope it so bad and it's not impossible.

I put this one green because even if ND somehow said this wouldn't happen, it makes too much sense and there a sort of evidence in a picture.

+ Max level cap was already risen once

+ The current lv 75 is a random number and isn't very aesthetic

+ This Picture

If you believe that this picture isn't fake then - yes it will happen some day. Because the fact that the levels are somewhere in the code of the game/patch/servers is enough to know that the levels are designed by ND.

+ They want to keep people playing after they achieved the final level.

- ND said the levels of UC3 should be achievable more easily and they are confident with how it is now.

Smaller technical Issues

I see no reason they shouldn't make minor fixes like dead body, exploits, spinning ring of death etc.

Though the game is unbalanced it's the intention of ND to make it at least playable

More microtransitions

Stat hats, clothes, taunts, etc.

Until June there's new stuff anyway. They want our money, so this will happen regularly.

Message 1 of 55 (1,278 Views)
Fender Bender
3470 posts

Re: Where we should give up and where we shouldn't

Mar 20, 2013

Best way to payback Naughty Dog is boycott all future DLC and the Last of Us and wait until a sale goes on for their future games. 

Message 2 of 55 (1,257 Views)
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 20, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

Best way to payback Naughty Dog is boycott all future DLC and the Last of Us and wait until a sale goes on for their future games. 

That's also kind of stupid, and you rob yourself of a good game. Still, I hope they leave microtransactions in the past for future releases, and listen to the community earlier on in their games' lives.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 3 of 55 (1,247 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Red = important things

Orange = who gives a **bleep**?

green = LMAO

Cutter
Message 4 of 55 (1,238 Views)
Fender Bender
2856 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

Lordidude wrote:

Blindfire

ND told us they wanted to make the MP more accessable for newer players.

- The main point is, the whole game is designed in a way to ensure and create CQC situations:

* The whole blindfire-system is corrupted and way too strong. Besides they already nerfed blindfire accuracy, range and walking speed while firing and the jumpshot.

* Kal-7

* Blindfire-Mods

The point is, the whole game is designed around blindfire - they would ruin their intentions if they made blindfire more useless. And this they won't do.

are you serious? whack and roll is a glitch, it is not intended, Naughty Dog found out after a while that this glitch excisted, and because half of the community was using it anyway, they just accepted it and said it is not a glitch, so they would not have to fix it, but that is a lie, you can't be seriously believing that some employee in the Naughty Dog office thought while designing the game: he guys, what about an option to cancel the melee by rolling so that you could give opponents invisible punches that do damage while you evade his punches, let's make it! haha, that would be pathetic...

and I know that hipfire was meant to make the game more accesible for new players, but look at the free 2 play guys, DOES IT WORK? NO, IT DOES NOT... that's because hipfire has become the best tactic to use in the game, instead of an tool for newcomers to get a kill now and then...

and hipfire would not become completely useless when they nerf it either, what reasons could you possibly have to believe that will happen when they nerf it?

and what certainly proves that you have no idea what you are talking about regarding hipfire and whack and roll is that you actually think that yemen and highrise are most suitable for these tactics, haha, the only maps I enjoy are yemen and highrise because I hardly get hipfired and whack and rolled in these maps...

also wasn't the game designed to be played in CQC situations, Robert Cogburn (lead multiplayer designer) said that aiming is always more effective than running and gunning, well he is wrong, but you can see that CQC being the most effective tactic in the game was not what he meant it to be, so it need to be fixed...

Message 5 of 55 (1,201 Views)
Wastelander
617 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

are you serious? whack and roll is a glitch, it is not intended, Naughty Dog found out after a while that this glitch excisted, and because half of the community was using it anyway, they just accepted it and said it is not a glitch, so they would not have to fix it, but that is a lie, you can't be seriously believing that some employee in the Naughty Dog office thought while designing the game: he guys, what about an option to cancel the melee by rolling so that you could give opponents invisible punches that do damage while you evade his punches, let's make it! haha, that would be pathetic...

It's a glitch? That's why cogburn himself told people to do it even before the summer beta was out.

KLICK ME

and hipfire would not become completely useless when they nerf it either, what reasons could you possibly have to believe that will happen when they nerf it?

Like I said. They designed the multiplayer around CQC. To nerf it would make many many things they implemented for that reason less useful.

You don't understand the meaning of this thread.

I am NOT saying it's better not to nerf it. But I'm saying why it won't happen.

and what certainly proves that you have no idea what you are talking about regarding hipfire and whack and roll is that you actually think that yemen and highrise are most suitable for these tactics, haha, the only maps I enjoy are yemen and highrise because I hardly get hipfired and whack and rolled in these maps...

I'm not saying that the maps I said as ex are CQC-only. But they have many areas where CQC is the only possibility to fight.

also wasn't the game designed to be played in CQC situations, Robert Cogburn (lead multiplayer designer) said that aiming is always more effective than running and gunning, well he is wrong, but you can see that CQC being the most effective tactic in the game was not what he meant it to be, so it need to be fixed...

Cogburn thought that?

Then I'm asking myself why there is THIS video where he clearly makes much propaganda for blindfiring, iron fist, melee rolling etc. but talks about "aim mode" like it's something very strange and unusual.

Once Again:

I don't say that it isn't necessairy. I just explain why stuff won't or might happen.

Message 6 of 55 (1,172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Lordidude wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

It's a glitch? That's why cogburn himself told people to do it even before the summer beta was out.

KLICK ME

ok, I misunderstood indeed the goal of the thread, but I still disagree on the subject of hipfire and whack and roll...

in the video you gave me Robert Cogburn doesn't teaches the players whack and roll, he just says that you could roll away to avoid getting punched, that's not a glitch, you also see in the video that he rolls away when the punch is finished, that's not glitching indeed, but what the whack and roll glitch is, is that you punch and immediately press circle so that you can cancel the punch (which still does damage to your opponent) and roll away immediately after to avoid getting punched by your opponent, and that is a glitch...

Message 7 of 55 (1,136 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

Lordidude wrote:

Blindfire

ND told us they wanted to make the MP more accessable for newer players.

* Kal-7

* Blindfire-Mods

Reading this made me feel angry and powerless, and though I could write something long about why you shouldn't encourage people to stop begging for the blindfire nerf (because that's wrong), I'd rather say what crossed my mind because I'm tired of this deaf and stupid company that ignores everything except when there's money involved:

Naughty Dog, SCREW YOU and your **bleep** casual quest. I sincerely hope they abandon you as soon as possible. They will sooner or later, but the sooner the better so you stop destroying your **bleep** games.

Message 8 of 55 (1,127 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Mar 20, 2013
We need to get rid of leaderboards. That would get rid of D-bags.
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 9 of 55 (1,116 Views)
Wastelander
617 posts

Mar 21, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

in the video you gave me Robert Cogburn doesn't teaches the players whack and roll, he just says that you could roll away to avoid getting punched, that's not a glitch, you also see in the video that he rolls away when the punch is finished, that's not glitching indeed, but what the whack and roll glitch is, is that you punch and immediately press circle so that you can cancel the punch (which still does damage to your opponent) and roll away immediately after to avoid getting punched by your opponent, and that is a glitch...

Thanks for seeing that my motivation isn't to tell ND what to fix and what not.

I myself hope that some of these things get changes, but when I remember that TLOU is so near, I get a bad taste in my mouth...

So.

He indeed said "avoid melee".

But if it was programmed that you couldn't cancel the animation out, then Cogburns "avoiding melee" wouldn't make sense.

If the earliest possible point to roll away was after the punch-animation then you would die anyway because you can't roll away  before the other guy does the second punch. So without having melee-rolling in mind, his statement is completely false.

In the other hand if his words are rethought with melee-rolling in mind it makes more sense, because "avoiding melee" isn't meant literal...

In the video you really see him roll away after the punch, but that's simply because ND employees suck at their game. They barely play it

I only met one ND who got skill. But that was in UC2, and iirc he left a long time ago.

Message 10 of 55 (1,091 Views)