Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
18749 posts

Re: Whats with all the communication

Nov 12, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
TLOU is much more known to people new to Sony or ND. I have xbox and non-gamer friends, and they still think Uncharted is some Tomb Raider-esque game or they don't even know the game, but TLOU is "GoTY material".

No. 

But he's right.

People may know about Uncharted, but all word they're getting about Naughty Dog at this point is from The Last of Us.

UC3 just isn't very relevant to the masses anymore. 

Message 51 of 71 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Nov 12, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
TLOU is much more known to people new to Sony or ND. I have xbox and non-gamer friends, and they still think Uncharted is some Tomb Raider-esque game or they don't even know the game, but TLOU is "GoTY material".

No. 

But he's right.

People may know about Uncharted, but all word they're getting about Naughty Dog at this point is from The Last of Us.

1 - I was referring to the Uncharted Franchise & not just UC3.

2 - Like I replied to @SteepMatt saying the Uncharted Franchise played a very huge part to the success of TLOU. 

Message 52 of 71 (238 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1166 posts

Nov 12, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

No. 

But he's right.

When I tell people I play video games they assume it's CoD.  Uncharted is a series that has done very well, but it has never been "relevant" to the masses.  I knew about Halo before I even got a game console, because it was written about and talked about in standard media outlets, not just in the gaming press.

The only reason I became a fan of the Uncharted series was on the strength of the demo.  There are so many worthy games that are eclipsed by the massive appeal of other games.  TLOU is a big success, I'm curious how they'll use it in the future.

Photobucket
Message 53 of 71 (233 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7116 posts

Nov 12, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

Well considering TLOU is a new game it did fairly well (more than half the sales of UC3)

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49054/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70350/the-last-of-us/

So the point can be made that TLOU can be just as good as UC, the fact is that right now it is not because it's new and UC is undoubtably the game that defines Sony and Playstation as a whole right now.

The Uncharted Brand was used to market & sell TLOU. It was used in every trailer, TV add, it's even in the back of TLOU BR case lol. Alot of TLOU sales came from ND/Uncharted fans. TLOU sold well because of the popularity & Brand power Uncharted Franchise has amassed for ND this gen. I made two of friends bought TLOU just by saying 'It's from the Makers of Uncharted' lol.

They are just doing what they have to do to get sales obviously if people see that they will buy it

Sleep Matt signature
Message 54 of 71 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Nov 12, 2013

I have to agree with Aureilia.  Throw us a bone ND!

I seem to recall that ND said they made a mistake when they set a definite release date for Uncharted 3.  Fair enough and I understand.

The only problem is that they seem to have gone to the other extreme.  A middle ground would be great…relative times in some kind of product road map would be awesome.

When it comes to the PS4 and speaking only for myself, there are no titles (NONE) currently announced for the PS4 that would prompt me to buy the system (and become a bleeding edge guinea pig).  The only titles that come to mind are Uncharted 4 and Portal 3…even then, I’ll wait until the game is actually released.  I hope for Sony’s sake (and the future of the PS4) that those developers that have not yet announced PS4 titles start stepping forward soon.

Message 55 of 71 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Nov 12, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

I seem to recall that ND said they made a mistake when they set a definite release date for Uncharted 3.  Fair enough and I understand.

The only problem is that they seem to have gone to the other extreme.  A middle ground would be great…relative times in some kind of product road map would be awesome.

When it comes to the PS4 and speaking only for myself, there are no titles (NONE) currently announced for the PS4 that would prompt me to buy the system (and become a bleeding edge guinea pig).  The only titles that come to mind are Uncharted 4 and Portal 3…even then, I’ll wait until the game is actually released.  I hope for Sony’s sake (and the future of the PS4) that those developers that have not yet announced PS4 titles start stepping forward soon.

You also have to realize except for Guerrilla Games & Sucker Punch Sony's other top studios have yet to announce their games either. I really did not expect them to announce UC4 till after the PS4 launches because from a pure business standpoint it would be stupid. They're guaranteed a sold out launch there's no reason to announce all their major games a year in advance.

Message 56 of 71 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13518 posts

Nov 12, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

Yeah. All I really want is a "We will make it"... and some updates somewhere down the line that it's still in production.

It's not even hard to do that.

I don't like these ideas that every game needs to be a reveal trailer. leaving the fans in the dark until one night is just... well.. it's not exactly how you treat people who have supported you, or at least shouldn't be.

Yeah I have a PS4 waiting for me on the 29th. I'm afriad for it's future with the lack of quality titles I'm seeing, Only really Killzone and that could be questionable. Gureilla get it wrong sometimes. Killzone 3 is proof of that.

I want Portal 3 also. I don't think that is happening though, Valve make games and leave them stranded on 2.

Half Life 2

Portal 2

Team Fortress 2

Left 4 Dead 2

... All of which need sequels.

But yeah. I don't want a date announced. I want to know if it's going to happen.

Message 57 of 71 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10104 posts

Nov 12, 2013
Screw Valve. I'm still waiting for my third crowbar. It's a running gag now.

@wycliff I didn't specify any Uncharted game. Just the whole Uncharted. Hell, the only way I even got this game is because Driver San Francisco wasn't in stock, otherwise I never would have known this existed.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 58 of 71 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Nov 13, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I've actually noticed the same thing. Most of my friends who aren't PS3 owners either don't know Uncharted or thinks it's tedious because you have climbing and puzzles instead of just shooting things all the time. And those same people say they'd love to try The Last of Us and that it's probably one of the best games of this generation. I think that's because TLoU is rated M and a T rated game like Uncharted would be to "kiddy" for them because they are oh soooo mature.

Message 59 of 71 (170 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13518 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2013

Renan_Acid wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

I've actually noticed the same thing. Most of my friends who aren't PS3 owners either don't know Uncharted or thinks it's tedious because you have climbing and puzzles instead of just shooting things all the time. And those same people say they'd love to try The Last of Us and that it's probably one of the best games of this generation. I think that's because TLoU is rated M and a T rated game like Uncharted would be to "kiddy" for them because they are oh soooo mature.

They are clueless. If most of them played TLOU they'd hate it. I just happen to be on a ND fan forum which is where everyone will love it and give the wrong impression.

Most people I've spoken to outside of this community and outside of the internet, think exactly what I do. good gameplay, decent multiplayer, terrible single player story.

It's okay though, Uncharted 3 was no picasso either. But at least the characters weren't bland and lifeless.

No.. that's a bit too harsh.Ellie, Tess, Bill were all fine. David was the stand out character, so much life, so much hate.. Brilliant character design choices. Best voice acting performance too.. I wonder why... But you just hate David so much. It's awesome.

Problem lies with Joel. that character made me feel nothing after the first chapter. I suppose you'd be dead inside too if that happened but.. that doesn't mean it makes for an interesting character when you are trying to build one.

You know. I actually don't want a new TLOU.. But if it happened I expect it would have to be better than that, Joel can't be dead inside like he wasn't towards the end and thats what made the last few chapters amazing, they were doing what needed to be done for the most part of the game before that, building a character, giving him personality.

They started the game wrong, they ended it wrong too. that isn't forgivable.

Still even though I hate the story. I'd recommend it if push came to shove, It's worth it for the ideas used and the multiplayer being a bit different. Over Uncharted though which has a whole list of interesting A+ characters? no way.

Message 60 of 71 (161 Views)
0 Likes