Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Re: Whats with all the communication

Nov 11, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

We need TLOU MP for the PS4 first before UC4...

runs and hides

No we don't will your PS3 & Copy of TLOU suddenly stop working when the PS4 launches?

Message 21 of 71 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Nov 11, 2013
UC4 is def coming sooner than later this is the only major Sony IP that has been MIA for 2 years. We already got a God of War few months ago, GT6 is next month, we got LBP Karting last year, with LBP 3 set to be announced possibly soon. I highly doubt Sony would let ND move on from what is now the most anticipated PS4 title.

Message 22 of 71 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
What Banting said.

They're igniting the UC community again just in time for the PS4.

thats my point exactly, and thats what im worried about

once the new game comes out they will be back to the usual non-communication.

ND are not who the used to be anymore.

and like ive said releasing Uncharted 4 within the next 2 years would be a mistake, the series needs time, its fresh outa milk.

Message 23 of 71 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
What Banting said.

They're igniting the UC community again just in time for the PS4.

thats my point exactly, and thats what im worried about

once the new game comes out they will be back to the usual non-communication.

ND are not who the used to be anymore.

and like ive said releasing Uncharted 4 within the next 2 years would be a mistake, the series needs time, its fresh outa milk.

why does the series need time?

If UC4 comes out next year fall it would make 3 years since UC3. ND & Sony have both handled this franchise extremely well by not exhausting it even the PS Vita title is almost a year old. 

Message 24 of 71 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Nov 11, 2013
It's not the series. It's by game time. Their last game is TLOU. If we do it like Uc3, we should have UC4 in a year and a half while TLOU gets half-arsed.

I don't see why people keep assuming UC3 is their previous game. That's like saying Criterion is completely dead. They have NFS MW (new one). Kinda. Burnout is dead. Criterion just happens to wallow in Burnout's ashes.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 25 of 71 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
It's not the series. It's by game time. Their last game is TLOU. If we do it like Uc3, we should have UC4 in a year and a half while TLOU gets half-arsed.

I don't see why people keep assuming UC3 is their previous game. That's like saying Criterion is completely dead. They have NFS MW (new one). Kinda. Burnout is dead. Criterion just happens to wallow in Burnout's ashes.

Umm dude you totally missed the point. 

He said "The Series Needs Time", he's implying the UC Franchise has been exhausted. Whether ND made TLOU or not doesn't have any relation to the Uncharted Franchise two different games with nothing in common. No one assumed or implyed UC3 was their last game but this discussion is about Uncharted. By the time UC4 comes out there will be a 3 year span between the last one. 

There are two teams at ND & it's been known that Amy Hening has been busy with a project.

Also Criterion is no longer working on NFS. 

Message 26 of 71 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13533 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Banting-Best wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

PS4 needs Uncharted 4 and Little Big Planet 3 really badly.

Considering TLOU is a brand new IP it sold really well.  It also introduced a lot of people to Sony exclusives.  ND didn't want a new Uncharted announcement stealing TLOU's thunder.  Smart.  I'm still hoping for an Uncharted or ND themed PS4.  A PS4 with a red paw print?  I'll hit that Buy Now button.

I totally understand that.

But I still don't think they should have started a new IP while Uncharted feels incomplete as a series. That's where my understanding gets thin, I don't know why they started a new IP when they haven't even finished the last one, it's just prolonging the waiting for Uncharted fans.

Message 27 of 71 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Banting-Best wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Considering TLOU is a brand new IP it sold really well.  It also introduced a lot of people to Sony exclusives.  ND didn't want a new Uncharted announcement stealing TLOU's thunder.  Smart.  I'm still hoping for an Uncharted or ND themed PS4.  A PS4 with a red paw print?  I'll hit that Buy Now button.

But I still don't think they should have started a new IP while Uncharted feels incomplete as a series. That's where my understanding gets thin, I don't know why they started a new IP when they haven't even finished the last one, it's just prolonging the waiting for Uncharted fans.

It helps them to extend & diversify the ND Brand. It helps to keep the creative juice flowing instead of working on the same franchise & letting fatigue set in. It gave them more time to work on the next Uncharted game. It was clear UC3 needed more than 2 years in development. 4 Uncharted games on PS3 would have done damage to the Franchise ( see Gears of War: Judgement)  & cannibalized UC3 sales the game is still in the top 100 2 years after release & the MP is doing aot better than UC2 was 2 years into it's cycle.

Message 28 of 71 (198 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13533 posts

Nov 11, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Banting-Best wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

It helps them to extend & diversify the ND Brand. It helps to keep the creative juice flowing instead of working on the same franchise & letting fatigue set in. It gave them more time to work on the next Uncharted game. It was clear UC3 needed more than 2 years in development. 4 Uncharted games on PS3 would have done damage to the Franchise ( see Gears of War: Judgement)  & cannibalized UC3 sales the game is still in the top 100 2 years after release & the MP is doing aot better than UC2 was 2 years into it's cycle.

Gears of War Judgement wasn't the problem though, the problem was Epic didn't make it. People Can Fly made it and they are awful developers.

If Bend made Uncharted 4 it would probably not be that good either. It kind of happens when you have a different studio making a game they don't really have the experience to be making.

You know? A simple.. Sit tight it's coming would be fine, like EA done with Mirror's Edge even though EA failed to keep us posted that it's still in development.... which is a must.

Message 29 of 71 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Banting-Best wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Gears of War Judgement wasn't the problem though, the problem was Epic didn't make it. People Can Fly made it and they are awful developers.

If Bend made Uncharted 4 it would probably not be that good either. It kind of happens when you have a different studio making a game they don't really have the experience to be making.

You know? A simple.. Sit tight it's coming would be fine, like EA done with Mirror's Edge even though EA failed to keep us posted that it's still in development.... which is a must.

4 Uncharted games in one gen would have been overkill IMO. I know epic didn't make Judgement but even so it still damaged that Franchise. Would you rather ND rush into making an Uncharted game just because they had no choice or take their time, step away for a few years & revaluate where to take the Franchise? The only way they could have improved upon UC3 is with the PS4. The limitations of the PS3 would have certainly held back progression & the MP would be a bust because I can't see them topping what they achieved Technically with UC3 MP on PS3.

They already said they would be avoiding announcing their games too early. It's not up to ND when they can announce UC4 either. You're currently displaying why ND/Sony did the right thing & haven't announced their next game because gamers are impatient. Dice ignored talking about Mirrors Edge until EA finally thought the time was right. UC4 is a killer app that can be saved for a later announcement since PS4 will sell well out the gate.

Message 30 of 71 (180 Views)
0 Likes