Re: Whats with all the communication

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Banting-Best wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

PS4 needs Uncharted 4 and Little Big Planet 3 really badly.

Considering TLOU is a brand new IP it sold really well.  It also introduced a lot of people to Sony exclusives.  ND didn't want a new Uncharted announcement stealing TLOU's thunder.  Smart.  I'm still hoping for an Uncharted or ND themed PS4.  A PS4 with a red paw print?  I'll hit that Buy Now button.

I totally understand that.

But I still don't think they should have started a new IP while Uncharted feels incomplete as a series. That's where my understanding gets thin, I don't know why they started a new IP when they haven't even finished the last one, it's just prolonging the waiting for Uncharted fans.

It helps them to extend & diversify the ND Brand. It helps to keep the creative juice flowing instead of working on the same franchise & letting fatigue set in. It gave them more time to work on the next Uncharted game. It was clear UC3 needed more than 2 years in development. 4 Uncharted games on PS3 would have done damage to the Franchise ( see Gears of War: Judgement)  & cannibalized UC3 sales the game is still in the top 100 2 years after release & the MP is doing aot better than UC2 was 2 years into it's cycle.

Gears of War Judgement wasn't the problem though, the problem was Epic didn't make it. People Can Fly made it and they are awful developers.

If Bend made Uncharted 4 it would probably not be that good either. It kind of happens when you have a different studio making a game they don't really have the experience to be making.

You know? A simple.. Sit tight it's coming would be fine, like EA done with Mirror's Edge even though EA failed to keep us posted that it's still in development.... which is a must.

With the PS4 coming out (less than a week my god) the more hype added to the machine the better.  Sony has really gotten better about promoting it's gaming the last little while.  There's going to be a launch event on the 14th yeah?  Found a link. I read that this might be when it happens, the Uncharted 4 announcement I mean.  Not sure if any of this is true, but it might make some people sitting on fence about when to order their PS4 make the decision.

Message 31 of 71 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Banting-Best wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Considering TLOU is a brand new IP it sold really well.  It also introduced a lot of people to Sony exclusives.  ND didn't want a new Uncharted announcement stealing TLOU's thunder.  Smart.  I'm still hoping for an Uncharted or ND themed PS4.  A PS4 with a red paw print?  I'll hit that Buy Now button.

But I still don't think they should have started a new IP while Uncharted feels incomplete as a series. That's where my understanding gets thin, I don't know why they started a new IP when they haven't even finished the last one, it's just prolonging the waiting for Uncharted fans.

It helps them to extend & diversify the ND Brand. It helps to keep the creative juice flowing instead of working on the same franchise & letting fatigue set in. It gave them more time to work on the next Uncharted game. It was clear UC3 needed more than 2 years in development. 4 Uncharted games on PS3 would have done damage to the Franchise ( see Gears of War: Judgement)  & cannibalized UC3 sales the game is still in the top 100 2 years after release & the MP is doing aot better than UC2 was 2 years into it's cycle.

Gears of War Judgement wasn't the problem though, the problem was Epic didn't make it. People Can Fly made it and they are awful developers.

If Bend made Uncharted 4 it would probably not be that good either. It kind of happens when you have a different studio making a game they don't really have the experience to be making.

You know? A simple.. Sit tight it's coming would be fine, like EA done with Mirror's Edge even though EA failed to keep us posted that it's still in development.... which is a must.

4 Uncharted games in one gen would have been overkill IMO. I know epic didn't make Judgement but even so it still damaged that Franchise. Would you rather ND rush into making an Uncharted game just because they had no choice or take their time, step away for a few years & revaluate where to take the Franchise? The only way they could have improved upon UC3 is with the PS4. The limitations of the PS3 would have certainly held back progression & the MP would be a bust because I can't see them topping what they achieved Technically with UC3 MP on PS3.

They already said they would be avoiding announcing their games too early. It's not up to ND when they can announce UC4 either. You're currently displaying why ND/Sony did the right thing & haven't announced their next game because gamers are impatient. Dice ignored talking about Mirrors Edge until EA finally thought the time was right. UC4 is a killer app that can be saved for a later announcement since PS4 will sell well out the gate.

The problem I have is that they made TLOU while Uncharted went unfinished. Could still be worse though...

Can't imagine what it's like to be waiting for Jak.

Gears wasn't really overkill. Judgement is just a really bad video game developed by an incompetent studio.

Message 32 of 71 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Nov 11, 2013
Uncharted 3 should have only been released the summer of 2012 i.e. a year before TLOU but it wasnt and as a result it has negatively effected the series. Another Uncharted in the near future and the series will turn into Halo i.e. yawns at HALO 5.
Message 33 of 71 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Banting-Best wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Banting-Best wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

With the PS4 coming out (less than a week my god) the more hype added to the machine the better.  Sony has really gotten better about promoting it's gaming the last little while.  There's going to be a launch event on the 14th yeah?  Found a link. I read that this might be when it happens, the Uncharted 4 announcement I mean.  Not sure if any of this is true, but it might make some people sitting on fence about when to order their PS4 make the decision.

I think it's been confirmed that ND will debut TLOU Single Player DLC at that event. They wouldn't announce UC4 anywhere out of the VGA's or E3.

Message 34 of 71 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Blennerville wrote:
Uncharted 3 should have only been released the summer of 2012 i.e. a year before TLOU but it wasnt and as a result it has negatively effected the series. Another Uncharted in the near future and the series will turn into Halo i.e. yawns at HALO 5.

Halo 5 isn't out.

Halo 4 is and it's awful once again though thats because of a different development team.

Message 35 of 71 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Nov 11, 2013
Whatever the reason is, i'm glad they're actually listening to us. They took their time, but **bleep**, it's so much better when you're not talking to a wall.
Message 36 of 71 (276 Views)
Fender Bender
3248 posts

Nov 11, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

Halo 5 isn't out.

Halo 4 is and it's awful once again though thats because of a different development team.

You didn't like Halo 4's campaign? o.O

Message 37 of 71 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Nov 11, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

Halo 5 isn't out.

You didn't like Halo 4's campaign? o.O

Nope. Hated the MP too.

Message 38 of 71 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 11, 2013
No, see, my point is, if we happen to get UC4 early, that means the other game gets the UC3 treatment. Are you honestly okay with TLOU players getting the same half-arsing just so we get UC4 early?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 39 of 71 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Nov 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
No, see, my point is, if we happen to get UC4 early, that means the other game gets the UC3 treatment. Are you honestly okay with TLOU players getting the same half-arsing just so we get UC4 early?

I've not even said I want Uncharted 4 now. I want acknowledgement, like "Hey we are making it but it's going to take some time" I'm cool with that.

I'm not cool with silence. You know? 13 years ago I played Shenmue 2. I'm still waiting for Shenmue 3 because Sega don't have the guts to say "We're done, quit waiting"

I'd be angry with that but I'd move on. But there is nothing worse than getting no answers at all. you are just in limbo forever.

Message 40 of 71 (247 Views)
0 Likes