Fender Bender
3341 posts

Re: Whats with all the communication

Nov 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
No, see, my point is, if we happen to get UC4 early, that means the other game gets the UC3 treatment. Are you honestly okay with TLOU players getting the same half-arsing just so we get UC4 early?

No one said they wanted UC4 early, Fall 2014 is not early. And yes i'll be more than fine with ND moving most of their resources away from TLOU which they already did.

Message 41 of 71 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 12, 2013
It's too early to move out of TLOU, I mean. Think about all the morons who still buy season passes. Fall 2014 is not early for us non-TLOU fans, but it's way too early for TLOU fans. I mean, did TLOU even hit a year already?

I'd rather they not suck at TLOU first, then do UC4. If they can do that to TLOU, what's stopping them from half-arsing UC4 and doing TLOU 2 or whatever even if UC4 hasn't done a year yet?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 42 of 71 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

Nov 12, 2013

TLOU will not suffer though, ND is still hard at work pertaining to that game, isn't the SP DLC set to be premiered Thursday?

They're like 200 people at ND, plus they tend to outsource during game developments. So they can afford to move 75% of the last of us Team to help out the other team while still having a dedicated team to support TLOU MP. 

Message 43 of 71 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14263 posts

Nov 12, 2013

TLOU isn't as big as Uncharted, moving on to the bigger title is expected.

When you have a cash cow your supposed to milk it.

Activision milk CoD

Capcom milk Resident Evil

Ubisoft milk Assassins Creed

Why not?

They kinda supported Uncharted 3 while TLOU was around so what stops them having Uncharted 4 and TLOU? Even though TLOU isn't half as important as Uncharted as sales would indicate.

Message 44 of 71 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2013

Well considering TLOU is a new game it did fairly well (more than half the sales of UC3)

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49054/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70350/the-last-of-us/

So the point can be made that TLOU can be just as good as UC, the fact is that right now it is not because it's new and UC is undoubtably the game that defines Sony and Playstation as a whole right now.

Sleep Matt signature
Message 45 of 71 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Nov 12, 2013
Though I'd love an UC4 announcement I just think they're being nice and saying thanks to the community and players since they're without a doubt moving on and focussing mote on TLOU's multiplayer aspect.
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 46 of 71 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 12, 2013

I'll just wait for them to finish with TLOU. TLOU players will get mad about UC4 being too early out like how we got mad that TLOU released too early.

I'd rather we meet each other halfway and wait for all their DLC to drop before they move into it.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 47 of 71 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

Nov 12, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

Well considering TLOU is a new game it did fairly well (more than half the sales of UC3)

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/49054/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70350/the-last-of-us/

So the point can be made that TLOU can be just as good as UC, the fact is that right now it is not because it's new and UC is undoubtably the game that defines Sony and Playstation as a whole right now.

The Uncharted Brand was used to market & sell TLOU. It was used in every trailer, TV add, it's even in the back of TLOU BR case lol. Alot of TLOU sales came from ND/Uncharted fans. TLOU sold well because of the popularity & Brand power Uncharted Franchise has amassed for ND this gen. I made two of friends bought TLOU just by saying 'It's from the Makers of Uncharted' lol.

Message 48 of 71 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 12, 2013
TLOU is much more known to people new to Sony or ND. I have xbox and non-gamer friends, and they still think Uncharted is some Tomb Raider-esque game or they don't even know the game, but TLOU is "GoTY material".
Message 49 of 71 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

Nov 12, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
TLOU is much more known to people new to Sony or ND. I have xbox and non-gamer friends, and they still think Uncharted is some Tomb Raider-esque game or they don't even know the game, but TLOU is "GoTY material".

No. 

Message 50 of 71 (247 Views)
0 Likes