Nov 15 2012
By: BurstLimitKL Wastelander 620 posts

When I lag...

[ Edited ]
7 replies 196 views Edited Nov 15, 2012

So to test the fact the if you lag, you get better at this game. i pulled up some youtube videos while playing, and I actually did worse. My average match is somewhere around 12-5. When I pulled up those videos for about 5 matches, I went down to 7/8.

i think that lag in my opinion doesn't make you better, it just makes the other players worse because you got a cheap kill. I don't know, but it's just me.

Message 1 of 8 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
675 posts

Re: Lag makes me worse.

Nov 15, 2012

The other day I was playing I experienced the worst lag I've ever personally had in my life. I got disconnected from 6 matches, got 6 losses that definitely would have been wins otherwise and had many ridiculous deaths as a result of freezing. But, man, when I wasn't freezing my health was tripled and people were freezing on my screen making for very easy snipes and pull downs. 

Lag annoyed me that day, but whether or not it makes you better or worse is all luck like anything in this game. IMO

I feel bad for people who weren't part of the original ND forum, this one will never be as good. It is tragic.
Uncharted Territory
1727 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Being able to still move around, melee and shoot your gun after you're supposed to be dead is definitely a big advantage, especially during the current lab. So I guess it depends, but it can sure help you. You do make a point though, getting a connection error in the middle of a TDM is a sure negative.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 3 of 8 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
620 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Being able to still move around, melee and shoot your gun after you're supposed to be dead is definitely a big advantage, especially during the current lab. So I guess it depends, but it can sure help you. You do make a point though, getting a connection error in the middle of a TDM is a sure negative.

The thing is though, is when I thought I got a kill when I didn't. The players move like a slideshow, so somehow it makes me worse.

Message 4 of 8 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Match making match making join me a match making...
Message 5 of 8 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9839 posts

Re: When I lag...

Nov 16, 2012
It's not an argument....to argue what lag does in this game...to people who have been playing it over a year...is ridiculous.

Lag in fact does make you better...
Message 6 of 8 (148 Views)
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Lag may benefit some people under certain circumstances. I usually get to play against people on the other side of the world, and it's definitely not an advantage for me. I know that I'm never close to the host because most of the time I'm the only one from Europe in the match, so if someone is lagging then it's me. The rare matches where I get to play with people close to me I suddenly feel invincible because strafing and rolling actually work and my bullets kill people as fast as they're supposed to do.

Message 7 of 8 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3798 posts

Nov 16, 2012
In U2 and Black Ops I lagged sometimes due to crappy internet where I lived. When I lagged either I just couldn't play or my character would freeze for a few seconds. I watched people walk up to me and taunt me before they killed me. I coulddo anything. In U3 if I lagged I could still move and do stuff, not truly knowing I was lagging. Then it would all catch up and I would die, but not exactly know why. Or u'd get the white plug fir a very long time. Then I moved (very soon after U3 release) and got fast internet. I know what laggers are experiencing. They sometimes don't even realize they are lagging (dustance lag, not poor internet lag). They just get a kill or two extra before dying. Or they get the simultaneous kill/death. Ir their bullets register after I've already taken cover a few seconds ago. But on their screen it seems normal to the fast internet/long distance player.
Message 8 of 8 (125 Views)
0 Likes