Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Re: When did UC3 crush your spirit?

May 2, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I love how people play a new game like Tomb Raider or Glow(?) for two days then come on here and say "oh yeah I mean this game is just so much better than Uncharted 3." We'll see. Give it a few months and you'll be bashing that game as well.

Jup, happened a couple of times already. With Max Payne 3 for example.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 62 (276 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

May 2, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Title says it all folks! Uncharted 3 crushed my spirit when I finally got over the new game glow, and I realized it was inferior to the quality of Uncharted 2. Hell, even post 1.04 Uncharted was better than the Uncharted 3 we got on the disc.

If only they had just released the 2011 Summer Beta on the disc...

They're not bringing back the Summer Beta, get over it troll

Message 22 of 62 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

My spirit is intact only because I have adapted to the reality of UC3 multiplayer (that we must adapt to the game to this degree is regrettable).  ND take note, there are many aspects of the game that are avoided because they’re either unplayable or too frustrating – to name a few:

• Certain competitive game modes and at certain times – for instance TO may be particularly laggy at times or you simply can’t find players.
  • Matchmaking (constantly syncing the party to avoid splits is tedious and should really be unnecessary).
  • Playing without a party in competitive.

IF playing coop without a party ever nears the frustration of the competitive experience, THEN my spirit will be crushed (as well as my heart broken) and I will put UC3 aside.

There are a number of posts (in this thread and others) comparing Tomb Raider to UC3.  IMO, TR stacks up very, very well against UC3 on the Single Player side (and in terms of story, probably better – UC2 is still the gold standard though).

However, on the multiplayer side?  No way.  As problematic as UC3 has become, Tomb Raider is not in the same league.  The lobby system in TR doesn’t even come close to UC3 and although I’ve had decent matches in TR, when there is lag in TR, it’s atrocious (airwalking enemies, glitching into walls, teleporting, etc.).

Some good things I can say about TR multiplayer: 

• When the game lags, it actually appears to be a disadvantage to those players that have poor connections.
  • Every player has a health meter above their head and they appear to be quite accurate.  This is cool because you have immediate feedback as whether it’s worth the risk to keep fighting or run for cover.
  • Despite its problems, it's actually pretty fun...maybe because it is different from UC3.
Message 23 of 62 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7550 posts

May 2, 2013

t hasn't crushed mine........more like wore it out to the point where I didn't care anymore

Sleep Matt signature
Message 24 of 62 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7550 posts

May 2, 2013

amine-griffy wrote:

Fleet foot , Revenge , M9ROF , Kal7 ROF , wack n roll , team killing , blindfire , lag , gliching , auto aim with the SAS12,  not fair team blance on TDM all sucks but yet i still play the game cause i think team objective and co-op are better than UC2

Smiley Very Happy........That's basically what Uncharted is how are you still playing this today? I would be crying right now

Sleep Matt signature
Message 25 of 62 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

May 2, 2013
stardust@:

danm sorry buddy xD yea the subway beta was boul shhhit

i though you were talking about the summer beta. I completly forgot there was a 2nd beta lol

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 26 of 62 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7550 posts

May 2, 2013

bunshing wrote:
stardust@:

danm sorry buddy xD yea the subway beta was boul shhhit

i though you were talking about the summer beta. I completly forgot there was a 2nd beta lol

But you didn't do Subway did you? it's only in US unless you got a code from someone in US?

Sleep Matt signature
Message 27 of 62 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

May 2, 2013
yep, but you know, when a US guy dunk a pepsi, give you a code..

you create an USA account Smiley Tongue

so even in China could play the subway beta if a USA friend would passed him a code and create himself a USA account

because the game, when you download it, become avalaible for ALL accounts in PS3

do like this, a canadian like me, played the beta illegaly

mouhahaha

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 28 of 62 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7550 posts

May 2, 2013

bunshing wrote:
yep, but you know, when a US guy dunk a pepsi, give you a code..

you create an USA account Smiley Tongue

so even in China could play the subway beta if a USA friend would passed him a code and create himself a USA account

because the game, when you download it, become avalaible for ALL accounts in PS3

do like this, a canadian like me, played the beta illegaly

mouhahaha

yea  they gave you a code Smiley Very Happy

Sleep Matt signature
Message 29 of 62 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

May 2, 2013

I'd say about when the so-called Tourney mode came out. What a **bleep** waste.

Around that time, LAG really started to bug me. For me personally, LAG in and of itself it not a gamebreaker.

But in a game like UC3, that has so many balancing issues and other annoyances, LAG magnifies everything by 10.

Its really unfortunate, because this game has amazing potential, and still can be super fun from time to time.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 30 of 62 (228 Views)
0 Likes