Sackboy
462 posts

Re: Where did "The Go to Multiplayer" concept...go?

Jul 13, 2012

sQuiiDx wrote:

Remember back in the day...you know...way back when. Around the time when someone (it's honestly hard to remember, they all sound the same at Naughty Dog) said "blah blah, want to make Uncharted 3 the go to multiplayer game for blah blah...etc". That was great huh? 

What happened to that drive...wait, excuse me...how bout just passion? 

Where did it go? 

Was it lost at sea? Did their dog eat it? Did someone eat a co-workers lunch...when it clearly had that persons name on it...thus causing a gigantic rift within the folds of Naughty Dog itself? 

No one really knows. It's like the greatest mystery of the Uncharted universe. I think we should raise money and ask Nolan North to search the ends of the earth for it.

omg you just leaked main plot for UC4

mods plz ban for spoiler alert =[

OT: This is what I've been wondering since 11-1-11. :/

Message 11 of 40 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14381 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2012

The whole "go to" thing was being pushed everywhere. From the summer beta it felt like maybe they were serious about it. Then came the more polished beta in October and for some reason all that extra polish didn't help the game at all, it actually made it worse.

360 spinning hipfire moments.. Which still happen with a little less accuracy..

More fluid movement

Improvements right? Yeah. technically but for the gameplay it made things worse while putting other players into the mix.

The right directions were all shown in the summer, where you couldn't control spin sprinting as easily, you had to have a degree of skill to use sprint. (Yes I like the Gears style sprint), What we have now is Saints Row style sprint where you run anywhere you want with ease. Considering that's now an arcade game we know where Uncharted is going with this.

All ND had to do was keep the summer layout, leave sprint alone and adjust the weapons to work like they did in Uncharted 2.

I guess that was too easy for them, they either listened to a bunch of clueless people or thought they were doing the right thing. Either way it was still wrong as far as I'm concerned.

So yeah I think they were serious about it. But they started listening to the wrong people and it became less of the vision they had so they probably quit caring.

Message 12 of 40 (343 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Jul 13, 2012

sQuiiDx wrote:

Naughty Dog would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for that stupid mutt and that meddling kid, Scootgar.  

Kudos for this Smiley Very Happy

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 13 of 40 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Jul 13, 2012
I think it went out the door when they didn't win the game of the year award. It seems to me they felt some sort of entitlement to it. Now they simply just dgaf.
I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 14 of 40 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Jul 13, 2012

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:
I think it went out the door when they didn't win the game of the year award. It seems to me they felt some sort of entitlement to it. Now they simply just dgaf.

That was after the release of the game.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 15 of 40 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2012

Yeah I use to get the feeling they really cared about their product to the fullest but now it feels that profit is more the main focus.Smiley Sad

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 16 of 40 (297 Views)
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Jul 13, 2012

No, no, no, the Community Strategists are hard at work plugging merchandise:

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/dogcast_episode_2_merch_and_gaming/

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 17 of 40 (266 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 13, 2012

scootgar wrote:

I'm sooooo glad they're engaging the Community like that; really bridges the gap between developer and players.

Message 18 of 40 (244 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Jul 13, 2012

phillip_maxwell wrote:

scootgar wrote:

I'm sooooo glad they're engaging the Community like that; really bridges the gap between developer and players.

I like the Dogcast, but the next one should be about something we would care about.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 19 of 40 (242 Views)
Highlighted
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Jul 13, 2012

http://j.wigflip.com/4JXasYdG/roflbot.jpg

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 20 of 40 (231 Views)