Sep 13 2013
By: Coolernu First Son 3 posts

Which co-op option should I get?

10 replies 368 views Edited Sep 13, 2013

I got the game free through Playstation Plus and I was wanting to play the Co-op Adventure with both my wife (splitscreen) and online.  This option can be simultaneous or separate.  I didn't know which option to buy as the description doesn't really help....

If I buy the Split Screen option, can I still play co-op adventure online or only within the confines of my own home?

Message 1 of 11 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Re: Which co-op option should I get?

Sep 13, 2013

If you can already play Co-op Adventure with other players online you will still be able to do it if you buy the Split Screen option.

Message 2 of 11 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Sep 13, 2013

Don't buy any add ons. I recommend buying the Game Of The Year. The game is old, you can get it pretty cheap.

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 3 of 11 (348 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Sep 13, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

Don't buy any add ons. I recommend buying the Game Of The Year. The game is old, you can get it pretty cheap.

THIS!!! Amazon.com is selling a physical copy UC3 GOTY new for $12.88+$7.99 shipping (a little more than 20 USD all together). And I'm sure you could find it for cheaper, too. Just make sure that if it's the GOTY edition that it's new. If it's used then you won't be able to get the DLC that is supposed to come with it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 4 of 11 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Sep 14, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

THIS!!! Amazon.com is selling a physical copy UC3 GOTY new for $12.88+$7.99 shipping (a little more than 20 USD all together). And I'm sure you could find it for cheaper, too. Just make sure that if it's the GOTY edition that it's new. If it's used then you won't be able to get the DLC that is supposed to come with it. 

^This

Seriously. Not only is it worth the price, but you're just getting ripped off by those Add-On prices. If you don't want GOTY, you can get a used, original, copy for probably $10.

Message 5 of 11 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 14, 2013

I know that buying the GOTY version solves the problem.

Didn't really answer my question.

I haven't bought any add-ons yet.  If I buy the split screen option, can I play online single screen like the other option.

Does the split screen add on allow online and offline (non split screen) play. If it doesn't, I will buy the GOTY version. If it does, I'll probably just get the add-on.

I'm not a huge online multiplayer gamer but my wife wants to play co-op with me and I want to check out both if the price is acceptable.

Message 6 of 11 (333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Now that I'm actually playing the game and not listening to my idiot friend. I'll buy the GOTY version. $11 for the add-ons (I didn't know the split screen was only a buck). Might as well spend 15 and get everything.

Thanks for they replies, sorry to waste everyone's time.

Message 7 of 11 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 14, 2013
You'll have to buy both. Co-op add-on doesn't have splitscreen. Stupid, huh? Join the GoTY club!
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 8 of 11 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Sep 14, 2013
WARNING, coop split screen crushing almost broke our relationship lol, do not undertake lightly ( although the shiny star is nice)
Message 9 of 11 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Coolernu wrote:

Thanks for they replies, sorry to waste everyone's time.

No probelm, and you wasted nobody's time. This is what a forum is for. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11 (286 Views)
0 Likes