Survivor
2348 posts

Re: Why are Call of Duty fanboys so hostile to Uncharted fans?

Apr 20, 2013

because cod fanboys hate everything that isn't cod = the point of being a fanboy of something...

Message 11 of 24 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2013

Cod is over rated hands down. 

Message 12 of 24 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5143 posts

Apr 20, 2013

I am not a fan of CoD but I see why people like it. I don't have anything huge against the franchise apart from MW2.

My big gripe is that developers and publishers are trying to copy from this huge franchise to lure the CoD fanboys in to play it. Honestly this should be a big no no as it ends up being a disaster and irritating the current fanbase that was already established.

Don't try to copy from a huge successful franchise when you already have established a working formula that fans love. CoD fans will play CoD. They don't want to play other games. Same with Uncharted fans. Trying to appeal to a completely different audience is a huge risk in itself in that by trying to appeal to them you have to change aspects of your franchise just to get them to play. Even then they will only play it for a bit then go back to whatever franchise they like while the old fans are left feeling angry and degraded.

Take Resident Evil 6 for example. A survival horror franchise was turned into a action horror game but it was considered one of the worst Resident Evil games within the main franchise (ignoring the RPG Gameboy Colour version and Operation Raccoon City).

They did this because they wanted to attract a huge audience but the game footage and the gameplay demo was such a turnoff to some fans that they outright refused to buy. Selling very short of their target.

Message 13 of 24 (320 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 20, 2013

Both games are pretty **bleep** nowadays to be honest.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 14 of 24 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2013

sasspackage wrote:

Many Call of Duty fans just say that they're games are better than Uncharted. What makes them critisize Uncharted so much? Is it that Uncharted is a better game? Smiley Tongue 

Depends on the CoD game honestly. Also depends on the Uncharted game in question.

Uncharted 2 was one of the best multiplayers I've come across, that would defeat all CoD games for me.

However the majority of CoD games are way better balanced than Uncharted 3 and actually better developed games. Apart from MW3 which was horrifiyingly bad.

World at War and the first Black Ops are the two titles that really stand out for me. Even though they are balanced and work pretty well, they are not as good as Uncharted 2 but I can equally have fun with them.

They dance all over Uncharted 3 though, then again... Uncharted 3 is as broken as MW3 was. Neither one has a lot of fun factor left in it when the lag takes over. It's lag that destroyed MW3, It's the same problem with Uncharted 3. Two horrifyingly bad netcoded video games.

I'm pretty much objective, If I see a good game, I'll play it. I'm not going to be a fan of something and follow it to the end.

The engine the game is based on doesn't bother me one single bit. Is it a bad thing that it runs on a 1999 based engine with modifications? Before 2002 we used to have a lot of good games, that is the same engine responsible for a lot of great games. Age isn't as important,

Mario Kart 64 still owns every other Kart game

Super Mario Bros is still the best platformer ever.

Resident Evil REMAKE is still vastly superior to every new RE, hell 1996's version is better than the new ones.

Age is not a problem, if something works well why quit using it? The only issue with the CoD engine is graphical limitations, graphics don't make a game good, they just make it look pretty.

By that then, Journey sucks, The Walking Dead sucks, 99% of the playstation store sucks, same goes for the XBLM. and hell most of Steam sucks too. Because they are all graphically terrible running on old or inferior engines.

Message 15 of 24 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2347 posts

Apr 20, 2013

Well said. If I want to play Cod I will play Cod not a knock off version of it 

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending"
Message 16 of 24 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 21, 2013

sasspackage wrote:

Many Call of Duty fans just say that they're games are better than Uncharted. What makes them critisize Uncharted so much? Is it that Uncharted is a better game? Smiley Tongue 

The Uncharted series and the Call of Duty series are two very different games. Call of Duty might just be the just about the same thing recycled and the campaigns always suck. But, what CoD does, it does very well and that's competitive online multiplayer. At this point, I would say that CoD has pretty much mastered the FPS. You might not like their style, but their style is very refined. I don't play CoD online very often and I prefer Uncharted. But with friends/splitscreen that game can be tons of fun. 

There is no "Uncharted style." There isn't. Uncharted 2 and 3 have a completely different feel. The second is slow paced and the third is fast paced. When people say that they like uncharted 2 better that UC3, to me that's as different as comparing CoD to UC. Uncharted 4 will probably determine the "uncharted style" (for the multiplayer), because other than third person, uncharted has changed a lot. Hopefully, UC4 will be a more competitive game. UC3 isn't very competitive, it's all based on stupid little tricks (tips and tricks by B2K  Smiley Surprised  Smiley Sad). 

Overall, CoD is better that UC in that it's more competitive and I think that's a big deal. I will almost always choose an Uncharted title over a CoD title, but CoD knows what they're doing, Uncharted doesn't. But Uncharted has WAY more potential to be the best game on the market (campaign and multiplayer). I hope to see Uncharted surpass CoD, but ND has to figure a lot things out first. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 17 of 24 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Apr 21, 2013
They are so hostile because when I went over there, I beat the game with 1 game of TDM. Fact.
Message 18 of 24 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 21, 2013
Josh, someone's screwing with you using an alt account.

I've already been there, so you might wanna talk to him.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 19 of 24 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Apr 21, 2013

I never even knew they were aware of this game. Except for the few that stumble upon this place, of course.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 20 of 24 (214 Views)
0 Likes