Highlighted
Jul 08 2012
By: Chrisruptor First Son 6 posts

Why are pistols in U3 so useless compared to U2?

43 replies 570 views Edited Jul 8, 2012

One thing I miss most about Uncharted 2's multiplayer is the guns. They were actually good and didn't take a ridiculous amount of bullets and time to kill someone. The AK47 was better than any of the guns in Uncharted 3 in my opinion, but more specifically, the pistol that everyone started with, it was a great sidearm to have when you run out of bullets or didn't feel like spraying the enemy, or were just hanging from an edge.

The problem I find with Uncharted 3's sidearms is that they take much longer to kill the enemy, and the Para 9, which should be the equivalent of Uncharted 2's 92FS-9mm, doesn't seem to do any damage at all when I use it, and I've become stuck with the Arm Micro which is good enough for close combat, but I may as well just use my long gun if I have bullets left. The 92FS-9mm was good for longer distance shooting as well.

Anyone else agree with this? Or is there mods/attachments to the Para 9 which increases it's worth?

Message 1 of 44 (570 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Re: Why are pistols in U3 so useless compared to U2?

Jul 8, 2012

I agree. I U2 i used only beretta to kill players, but in U3 pistols have less dmg Smiley Sad

Youtube Raew CZ
Message 2 of 44 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20404 posts

Jul 8, 2012
Because you had low health there.

Here, you have high health.

Makes sense a weaker gun would be harder to get kills with. Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 44 (562 Views)
Sackboy
418 posts

Jul 8, 2012

While I do miss the 92FS, it DOES make sense that a pistol should never compare to a long gun at range; that's why the pistols are generally very good close range (KAL-7 not included as the blindfiring long gun).

It did add more variety, but with more long guns now (compared to just three before), I think variety makes up for it. I do find the lack of a Max Ammo mod on the pistol to be exceedingly frustrating. 60 shots is just not enough when it takes even a good player 8-12 shots to kill with it (6 hits to the body, 4 to the head). I want more ammo for it.

Message 4 of 44 (561 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Because they're secondary weapons, they shouldn't be used as primary.. In Uncharted 2, someone with a 92FS can kill someone with the AK; and this shouldn't be the case. 

Message 5 of 44 (552 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1216 posts

Jul 8, 2012

Are people serious about this? 92FS was the best gun in the game, do you really believe a side-arm, support weapon should be like that?

Pistols are fine, except for the insane blindfire aim assist, but that's not a problem of the pistols alone.

Message 6 of 44 (549 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Jul 8, 2012

I found the 92FS to be more deadly than any of the long guns in U2.

The thing had virtually no recoil and only took about four shots to get a kill.

The Para in U3, even with the increased health, takes quite a few well-placed shots to get the kill, and it has a significant amount of recoil for just being the default sidearm.

Now, Jade's Para 9...that thing's a blindfiring beast, four shots and a melee and your enemy is down.

Message 7 of 44 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20404 posts

Jul 8, 2012

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

I found the 92FS to be more deadly than any of the long guns in U2.

The thing had virtually no recoil and only took about four shots to get a kill.

The Para in U3, even with the increased health, takes quite a few well-placed shots to get the kill, and it has a significant amount of recoil for just being the default sidearm.

Now, Jade's Para 9...that thing's a blindfiring beast, four shots and a melee and your enemy is down.

Not to mention that the power of the 92FS let everyone get 1 shot and 1 punch on you for a kill.

Message 8 of 44 (533 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Jul 8, 2012
MD made the right decision to make the pistols a little weaker because it's not practical to go up against an m9 with a Para 9 and win with ease. I don't find myself in this predicament though because I almost never run out of ammo On my long gun with Daredevil lv. 3.
Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Message 9 of 44 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2012

ND can make pistols a little better without making them OP. Will it ever happen? Nope, but it would be awesome if it did.

The Para 9's accuracy mod could have a recoil decrease.

The Raffica could have a slight damage increase.

The Tau could have better aiming.

The Micro could have a very slight recoil decrease.

tlousig2
Message 10 of 44 (507 Views)