Message 1 of 16 (625 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Re: Why did the gold guns get removed?

Oct 1, 2013

wybrendeuling wrote:
Title says it all.

i think gold guns were part of the tournament (for reaching bronze tier) ... you only got to keep them for a week, then they would take them away if you didn't each bronze tier the next week (or they changed the guns)

Message 2 of 16 (621 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20406 posts

Oct 1, 2013
The golden guns were available the first few weeks that the Tournament Mode was released to the public. They were only available through Tournament Mode and could only be kept for a week at a time.

I highly doubt we'll get them back, unless Naughty Dog decides to put them in one last time before they drop Uncharted 3 support for good (which actually doesn't show many signs of stopping).
Message 3 of 16 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Oct 1, 2013
Oh ok
Message 4 of 16 (602 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
913 posts

Oct 3, 2013
The better question is...

Why ND removed the Special Guns (Gold, Elf, Revolution, Circuit... Guns) from LAN-Party with Patch 1.17?
You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 5 of 16 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Oct 3, 2013

SonGaton wrote:
The better question is...

Why ND removed the Special Guns (Gold, Elf, Revolution, Circuit... Guns) from LAN-Party with Patch 1.17?

They weren't supposed to be there.  It was an incomplete collection anyhow (the Gold guns and Fireball AK, G-MAL, and KAL were missing) and the at-the-time Tournament prize lineup was also in there for no explicable reason.  In offline Co-op, all at-the-time prizes were locked (including the Fireball guns) and had no means of access, though the rest of the guns were available.  They also referenced the Tournament, which obviously doesn't exist offline.  Djinn was locked then in Co-op just as he is now, its lock being the only offline Tourney reference left.

Since liveupdates don't affect LAN Party/offline Co-op, the Pogo and Trumpet guns haven't returned, and the recent DLC releases aren't accessable either.

Message 6 of 16 (523 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Oct 3, 2013

Am I the only one who's noticed that ND has lied to us with the tournament weapons? I've qualified for Bronze twice in the past month or two and I'm supposed to be promised special skins for ALL long guns. It says that there is a special skin for all of them... except they must have forgotten my all-time top 2 favourite weapons, the FAL and my Sniper. Can't say I wasn't annoyed...

Bang Bang!

Message 7 of 16 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 3, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Am I the only one who's noticed that ND has lied to us with the tournament weapons? I've qualified for Bronze twice in the past month or two and I'm supposed to be promised special skins for ALL long guns. It says that there is a special skin for all of them... except they must have forgotten my all-time top 2 favourite weapons, the FAL and my Sniper. Can't say I wasn't annoyed...

No thanks for me. I really assumed that those skins were permanent. Maybe they should have at least made it a mod, not a new gun entirely. The time I got a gold gun skin, I kept it on, and since I never used the tourney after, I had to adjust all my WE loadouts yet again because it got sent back to default AK.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 8 of 16 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Oct 5, 2013
The golden guns are better than the pink Pogo guns...
Message 9 of 16 (453 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Oct 6, 2013

renatabls wrote:
The golden guns are better than the pink Pogo guns...

And pretty much every skin ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 10 of 16 (434 Views)
0 Likes