Treasure Hunter
7527 posts

Re: Why do some of you stay here?

Jul 29, 2013

I will continue to stay and attempt to keep this place alive until the release of Uncharted 4

Sleep Matt signature
Message 31 of 74 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Jul 29, 2013
I stay here for sexual reasons
Message 32 of 74 (332 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7527 posts

Jul 29, 2013

AliMakaveli wrote:
I stay here for sexual reasons

Smiley Surprised

Sleep Matt signature
Message 33 of 74 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Jul 29, 2013

lEvilDeadl wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
I feel like a lot of people never got to experience what in depth training/strategy/teamwork can avail in uc3. Probably bc it's possible to go lone wolf and do ok. TLoU pretty much forces you to be partied up to do well. And after people are forced to play as a team, they idolize it.

let's be honest here.  you're talking about an entire team holding hands and camping together....sending out players strategically to flank/catch the opponents off guard.

many teams did that in U3.  mine did....T2gL....and we were hated for it because while 80% of teams would do it, we were a tad more successful than most and racked up more 50-0 games by doing so. 

most U3 players do not like that playstyle, hence all the hate my team got for using it succesfully.   Hell, I personally don't like the playstyle......I like run n gun.  That's why Plunder is my favorite mode........yet even I have youtube videos about me like, "lEvilDeadl exposed" (lol) by **bleep** players who ran into my team who played strategically.   If these same idiots who hated it in U3 suddenly love TLoU they are the worst kind of hypocritical sheep I can imagine.

here's a video of the playstyle I like:

and here's a video on youtube by some guy and his team who was **bleep** by running into that same guy (ME) playing strategically with his team:

it's hilarious.  this guy was in a party of 5 with his sk-g team and they started quitting to fake stats one by one. lol.  apparently he took special exception to either the spot I held to protect my team's flank or the fact that I was taunting to level up dare devel. lol.   either way, lol.......so **bleep** that he took the time to upload this + make commentary boxes all through it.  even stupid stuff like, "uh oh, 1v1" during double damage power play. lol.    the guy raging that hard over strategic team play in U3 is probably not a fan of TLoU.

Sheesh at that second video. I'd be freaking bored out of my mind if I played like that. Not to sound like I'm bad mouthing your clan or anything like that, but I wouldn't consider holding the one spot in the map where you can see everything in the level and then have an anti-flank or two much of any strategy...that's simply taking advantage of Syria's crappy level design. I'd say the same could go for a map like Desert Village (hold the top), Facility (hold the top), or Museum (hold the museum).

Some maps got "prime" spots where you got the best sight picture and plenty of space and cover to run behind should things turn sour. I think most of U2's maps that have a symmetrical design are better for playing as there aren't as many "prime" spots to hold (don't get me wrong, some did have them, see Temple). Also, maps like Yemen that have so many spots to get around would probably kill out some of the camping game.

I've seen plenty of clan matches where there's a lot of corner hugging and passiveness...and then some matches that play out like an ordinary pub but at a higher level. I'd have gotten into the clan scene if there was a lot more of the latter...

Anyways, OT, I'm still checking back on the U3 forums to see who's still around and I dunno, see if ND might even have an update. I rarely play now, but still enjoy the game.

Message 34 of 74 (312 Views)
Wastelander
567 posts

Jul 29, 2013
Wait hiding behind corners/camping is a skill availabe to a few? Omg I'm like so jely, i. Wish i was skilled enough to get such cheap kills too Smiley Sad
Message 35 of 74 (305 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jul 29, 2013
^Silver you just keep using that cheap easy-kill-skillless FAL of yours. xD
Message 36 of 74 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
Wait hiding behind corners/camping is a skill availabe to a few? Omg I'm like so jely, i. Wish i was skilled enough to get such cheap kills too Smiley Sad

nope, available to all......so much so that there's an entire game made for it, a game called The Last of Us. 

you seemed to miss the entire point.  I don't like playing  that playstyle so I don't play The Last of Us since the entire game is built around that playstyle.  That is the topic of this thread, OP asking why we are playing U3 and not TLoU.  somebody said that people are loving the strategic team play (i.e. team camping) of TLoU.  I posted a video to show that not everybody is a fan of that playstyle and wouldn't like TLoU.  You further my point as it appears you don't care for it either, thank you sir. 

Message 37 of 74 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Jul 29, 2013

I find both of the games to be exciting and fun to play. ND knows how to make great games for people to enjoy.

Message 38 of 74 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7106 posts

Jul 30, 2013
I enjoy LoU multiplayer as much as the next, but I enjoy U3's online MUCH more. Besides, we're comparing apples to oranges here. Different games.
Message 39 of 74 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
537 posts

Jul 30, 2013

I am allergic to molds and fungi. Actually, for me, I just got UC3 for the multiplayer recently , I love the action, climbing and weapons. he servers always have games going on. I don't know anything about TLOU MP.

Message 40 of 74 (258 Views)
0 Likes