Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 04 2013
By: Section_A_Bandit Lombax Warrior 159 posts
Accepted Solution

Why do the bronze tire rewards rest after a tournament?

4 replies 198 views Edited Jul 4, 2013

Why is it I can't hold on to the gear I earn in tournaments?

Message 1 of 5 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Why do the bronze tire rewards rest after a tournament?

Jul 5, 2013

Because they want to milk your wallet. :smileyhappy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 2 of 5 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Haha, but seriously why do the bronze and silver tier rewards disappear and does that happen to gold & platinum?
Message 3 of 5 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Section_A_Bandit wrote:
Haha, but seriously why do the bronze and silver tier rewards disappear and does that happen to gold & platinum?

Depends on what items you want. Only the Djinn and his stat hats are permanent.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 4 of 5 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Section_A_Bandit wrote:

It happens to prizes at every tier that don't rely on lifetime placements.  If it has (X/X) beside it, you'll get it when you score the necessary number of placements in that tier or above, and the item will remain unlocked permanently.  Unfortunately, all of the permanent items consist of Djinn and his headgear, so many players feel they have zero incentive to participate (Djinn's torso flames can never be turned off, and all of his headgear is equally lit up, making use of the character at all a risk that grows as the rest of the light dims).

Now as for why prizes change out instead of pile up, that can be answered for Bronze tier; ND created literally dozens of the same weapons whose only difference is in appearance.  Aside from absent weapons in some sets, there's no usage difference, and having them all would result in massive clutter.  The LAN Party Long Arm list once contained all but six of the known Bronze tier prizes, and was over 100 weapons long for it.  Heck, we've gotten repeats despite the fact that we know several weapons have yet to appear (the Skull, Skello, and Snake Eyes sets in addition to the missing Circuit rifles).

Where outfits are concerned, one could make the same claim, but changing your character in matchmaking is risky business as it is, so this is likely more for variety's sake.  Platinum tier has only seen four temporary prizes since its inception, however, with the missing two simply being regular versions of the Shade masks up now.  Why both are considered Platinum tier is beyond me.  I think the normal Raptor Mask would make plenty of money as paid DLC, and all four helmets put together have had the longest straight run of any temporary Tourney prizes.  New items for that tier are, I believe, long overdue.

Message 5 of 5 (158 Views)