Highlighted
Aug 08 2013
By: kio123waxcolor Splicer 88 posts
Accepted Solution

Why do these people do this..

20 replies 512 views Edited Aug 8, 2013
I always see people at level 15 or under in my co-op parties and they vote for crushing and I can't stop it.. They can't even get past the first few enemies, so why? Sometimes I wonder how or if they even played the SP, or if they are brainless F2P's.
How do you feel about this??!
Message 1 of 21 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1262 posts

Re: Why do these people do this..

Aug 8, 2013
I thought F2P locked out Co-op, unless they paid for it with real money. Better yet they actually beat that map on Hard first.
Message 2 of 21 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Aug 8, 2013
I thought so too but there those guys are! x_x
Message 3 of 21 (500 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Aug 8, 2013
Just turn on DLC. You won't get bad players nearly as much.
Message 4 of 21 (484 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Icebound1 wrote:
Just turn on DLC. You won't get bad players nearly as much.

Usually, that's the case. I've recently had 2 low leveled dimwits vote crushing despite not being able to handle it. I can hardly handle it, probably because bad teammates but that's besides the point, so I never vote for it. I usually pick hard but don't mind normal sometimes.

Message 5 of 21 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Aug 9, 2013
I mean...you can just rage quit on the rare occasion that happens. And kill your teammates before you do if it makes you feel better.

You can also party up with experienced players. I'd be willing to help!
Message 6 of 21 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Aug 9, 2013

I find it astoundingly annoying as well.  I play Crushing almost exclusively with friends and only vote for it with a random when I have a friend in party (the highest I’ll vote for with two randoms is Hard).  It seems like low level players see your stats and think “Hey, this guy can carry me and I’ll get a Crushing completion.”  I consider myself above average at coop but I can’t carry two other players in Crushing who are inexperienced and/or don’t play intelligently/cooperatively.

I’m convinced that Crushing has gotten more difficult over time so if I get outvoted for Crushing and they’re clearly not up to the task, I’ll leave (not proud of it but there it is).  Every once in a while though, they surprise me and are better than their level would indicate or it’s clear that they’re making an effort to play cooperatively – then, I’ll happily stay.  I like completions and there’s satisfaction in helping others get completions as well – any difficulty…I’m not fussy.  Smiley Happy

There are experienced/skilled players that are jerks as well though, like the time I played with two randoms on Sanctuary.  One was about average but definitely a team player…the other above average and definitely NOT a team player.  The above average dude shot and downed each of us twice (revived us though so as not to get kicked – underhanded but clever, I suppose) to get the Pak80 (and neither of us were hogging or “stole” it any of those four times).  I was so astounded the first time it happened; I thought it was a mistake but he kept doing it.

In end, when playing with randoms, I make a judgement call as to whether any give match is worth the time – it’s annoying when you go through the whole Find Game process but I weigh that against 20 or 30 minutes of aggravation.  Sometimes, it’s better just to move on and why I mostly game with at least one other friend in party (preferably two).

Message 7 of 21 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10203 posts

Aug 9, 2013
If people vote crushing, I expect them to carry me through it. I'm not doing all the work.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 8 of 21 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

I find it astoundingly annoying as well.  I play Crushing almost exclusively with friends and only vote for it with a random when I have a friend in party (the highest I’ll vote for with two randoms is Hard).  It seems like low level players see your stats and think “Hey, this guy can carry me and I’ll get a Crushing completion.”  I consider myself above average at coop but I can’t carry two other players in Crushing who are inexperienced and/or don’t play intelligently/cooperatively.

I’m convinced that Crushing has gotten more difficult over time so if I get outvoted for Crushing and they’re clearly not up to the task, I’ll leave (not proud of it but there it is).  Every once in a while though, they surprise me and are better than their level would indicate or it’s clear that they’re making an effort to play cooperatively – then, I’ll happily stay.  I like completions and there’s satisfaction in helping others get completions as well – any difficulty…I’m not fussy.  Smiley Happy

There are experienced/skilled players that are jerks as well though, like the time I played with two randoms on Sanctuary.  One was about average but definitely a team player…the other above average and definitely NOT a team player.  The above average dude shot and downed each of us twice (revived us though so as not to get kicked – underhanded but clever, I suppose) to get the Pak80 (and neither of us were hogging or “stole” it any of those four times).  I was so astounded the first time it happened; I thought it was a mistake but he kept doing it.

In end, when playing with randoms, I make a judgement call as to whether any give match is worth the time – it’s annoying when you go through the whole Find Game process but I weigh that against 20 or 30 minutes of aggravation.  Sometimes, it’s better just to move on and why I mostly game with at least one other friend in party (preferably two).

You basically sum up all my opinions about a topic into a couple of neat, little paragraphs Smiley Tongue

Bang Bang!

Message 9 of 21 (403 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

Icebound1 wrote:
I mean...you can just rage quit on the rare occasion that happens. And kill your teammates before you do if it makes you feel better.

You can also party up with experienced players. I'd be willing to help!

hmmmm.....DON'T do this.  no reason to spoil someone else's game. just leave.

i only like to play on crushing so have had to quit out of many non-crushing games. i have no qualms about it, not gonna waste time doing something i'm not enjoying. i just leave at start of game so they have time to pick up a 3rd & i go on to my next game. no drama.

Message 10 of 21 (363 Views)