Mar 22 2013
By: XxMrAdorablexX First Son 5 posts

Why doesn't ND do something about the clan parties?

45 replies 2224 views Edited Mar 22, 2013

Okay, so I play a lot of Uncharted 3 and I'm fairly decent. But I get annoyed how there will be a party of 4 or 5 getting matched up with a bunch of beginners or people who just aren't good. Why doesn't Naughty Dog patch this game so those parties start getting split up during matchmaking? I mean really..  How is 4 or 5 people with a +2 or +3 KRD on one team versus a bunch of randoms that are negative and one positive on anothet team fair? If they started splitting them up then it would encourge less people to party up. Give them a taste of what it feels like to have NO CHANCE at winning. I mean seriously, It's not fair to those beginners and it's not fair to the one positive person... I've stopped playing this game mainly because of that. It just gets annoying.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 46 (2,224 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17683 posts

Re: Why doesn't ND do something about the clan parties?

Mar 22, 2013

XxMrAdorablexX wrote:

Okay, so I play a lot of Uncharted 3 and I'm fairly decent. But I get annoyed how there will be a party of 4 or 5 getting matched up with a bunch of beginners or people who just aren't good. Why doesn't Naughty Dog patch this game so those parties start getting split up during matchmaking? I mean really..  How is 4 or 5 people with a +2 or +3 KRD on one team versus a bunch of randoms that are negative and one positive on anothet team fair? If they started splitting them up then it would encourge less people to party up. Give them a taste of what it feels like to have NO CHANCE at winning. I mean seriously, It's not fair to those beginners and it's not fair to the one positive person... I've stopped playing this game mainly because of that. It just gets annoying.

Playing in parties is what makes the game fun for me. If I get split up from my friends, or I just don't have friends online at the moment, I generally avoid playing. Friends really make this game for me nowadays, not just in winning, but in actually enjoying the game and having a good laugh.

And just so I do this joke:

XxMrAdorablexX wrote:

Why doesn't Naughty Dog patch this game so those parties start getting split up during matchmaking?

That's been in the game since 1.00. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 46 (1,836 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Do you ever consider how unenjoyable it is for the other people? I presume you haven't. It's not fun, not the least bit! If you wanna talk to your friends do it over the phone. The fun of the game is the game itself, not interacting with your friends. Parties is just a way to dominate.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 46 (1,605 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Mar 22, 2013
"Patch" in parties getting intentionally split, really? How will this fix anything? It'll only help you, "I keep losing, so I want Naughty Dog to ruin other people's fun so I can win". Pathetic.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 46 (1,325 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Mar 22, 2013
How will that fix anything? It will fix a lot! Something tells me you're one of those people that party up just to dominate your stats. My wins to loses are about even. But thanks for you concern! I appreciate it!(:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 46 (1,159 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17683 posts

Mar 22, 2013

XxMrAdorablexX wrote:

Do you ever consider how unenjoyable it is for the other people? I presume you haven't. It's not fun, not the least bit! If you wanna talk to your friends do it over the phone. The fun of the game is the game itself, not interacting with your friends. Parties is just a way to dominate.

I do, because I've played in many, MANY unfair games against large parties throughout this game's lifetime. I know what it feels like to be on both ends of the stick.

So... wait... playing games with friends (a fun thing), isn't fun, but playing the game (made even more fun with friends) is? I'm... failing to see how they aren't interconnected. I'd rather not talk to random people over PSN I don't know personally over something like a telephone or text messages. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 46 (1,138 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
285 posts

Mar 22, 2013

XxMrAdorablexX wrote:
How will that fix anything? It will fix a lot! Something tells me you're one of those people that party up just to dominate your stats. My wins to loses are about even. But thanks for you concern! I appreciate it!(:

Haha, and what will this fix exactly?  

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 46 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4169 posts

Mar 22, 2013
So I can't party up and play with friends and laugh at all the BS that this game has? Thanks for your input, Jeff.

I've been on both ends of the stick. Yeah, it sucks to get put with a bunch of people who suck at the game against a party but it's in every game. CoD, BF, Gears, Halo, etc. Either suck it up, or make some friends.

Proud Member of [FnxX} & DeFy. @UMG_Hybrid
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 46 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4169 posts

Mar 22, 2013
I'm on my phone ATM so I can't edit my post.

Anyways, to all the people saying parties should get put up against parties. Do you realize how easy it would be to boost then?

Just have a Skype chat or something like that with the party leader of each group and tell them when you're searching. Voila, watch the boosted KDR's rise.

Proud Member of [FnxX} & DeFy. @UMG_Hybrid
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 46 (507 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9825 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Okay, parties, parties are okay. You run into them a couple of times, but don't forget that you run into non-parties more. Seriously, I run into parties twice a day or so.

Now, CLAN parties, those are just... goddamn. Seriously. Do public games look like clan matches? Did you lose at FN and you all need to vent out via usually-disorganized people BECAUSE THEY JUST MET?

"Well some randoms do well even if they just met." Yeah. IT's about as rare as running into a non-laggy KSA/MEX player.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 46 (502 Views)
0 Likes