Fender Bender
3486 posts

Re: Why doesn't ND do something about the clan parties?

Mar 22, 2013

I have only ever added people to party up with to dominate, I must admit.

In fact I despise a lot of my "friends", but they help me raise my WLR, so don't tell them I said that :smileyhappy:

I'm on the Night Train
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 46 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

Mar 22, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

In fact I despise a lot of my "friends", but they help me raise my WLR, so don't tell them I said that :smileyhappy:

Should I be glad we're not friends or something? :smileyfrustrated:

Currently looking for GTA Online friends who aren't obviously bad sports.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 46 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2177 posts

Mar 22, 2013

If you think matchmaking in UC3 is bad, try playing Black Ops 2. Im a level 55, no prestige up against players of max prestige. (Prestige 15)

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 46 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Mar 22, 2013

If parties would get split up(it already happens btw lol), it would just encourage boosting. 

How is it fair that I want to play with friends and the game sends them to the other team? Then there shouldn't even be a party system since parties are for making a group to be in the same team, so I can talk or whatever with my friends. I do agree, that the matchmaking should try to find people with same range of levels/legacy or maybe kdr as the party so it would be balanced. But the game mostly just sits you with a bunch of newbs in your team, sadly. 

Btw, I mostly play with a party of 2 (sometimes 3). And there should be a TDM mode exclusive for newbs until level 10 maybe like in Crysis 2 (don't know if 3 has it), so they learn the game and don't get raped or help us get raped lol But I believe it's too late now /= 

PhotobucketLab member #008, Tiki.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 46 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Mar 22, 2013

@XxMrAdorablexX…

I think we’ve all been there (including me)…which is why I naturally gravitated towards coop when I first started playing.  Coop is still more fun for me from a purely gameplay standpoint (less lag and few cheaters) – biggest problem in coop is uncooperative teammates!

I have to agree with most of the posts concerning competitive though…I detest when my party is split. I’m not after stats I just want a fair match (or at least a fighting chance) – being in a party seems to be the only way to achieve that (for me, anyway).  It’s rare to come up against a clan or party that is truly skilled and you know what, I don’t mind getting my *ss handed to me as long as I lost fair and square.  What’s even better is having a close match.  When we lose, most of the time it’s laggers, lag switchers, glitchers and outright cheats and it only takes one on the other team to ruin the experience.  Don’t get me wrong, I think the majority of players are honest but in a full match with 10 people, one cheater or lagger can sink the whole match for everyone.

Over my time playing, I sent friend requests to lots of people and some accepted.  It is those people (that love the game) that you want as your friends – they accepted a mediocre competitive player (at that time) and allowed me to improve.  We have a blast playing, winning, losing and yes, sometimes b*tching about shortcomings.

My advice:  Send friend requests to those players whose gameplay you admire or respect.  Eventually some will accept and most of those players will be ones with whom it will be worth playing.

Best of luck!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 46 (285 Views)
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I miss that lab with Mercenary Team Deathmatch. 

PhotobucketLab member #008, Tiki.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 46 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3486 posts

Mar 22, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Y'should be upset to a degree, because it means I don't think you would be good enough to help benefit my WLR :smileyhappy:

I'm on the Night Train
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 46 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

Mar 22, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Y'should be upset to a degree, because it means I don't think you would be good enough to help benefit my WLR :smileyhappy:

Yeah, but I know that enough :smileytongue: I have negative stats! :smileytongue:

Currently looking for GTA Online friends who aren't obviously bad sports.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 46 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
497 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I often wonder if limiting the party size to 3 in public matches would improve things....

In that case, you could still play with a couple friends, but it could help balance out matchmaking by having a couple randoms on your team.

If I'm not in a party, I pretty much avoid the competitive team games and play coop or free for all.  It's just not fun running into parties of 4 or 5 all the time...most of the time you can predict even before the match starts who will win.  And usually, you'll wind up with a couple players quitting the game because they don't want to get destroyed....which makes it even worse.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 46 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

XxMrAdorablexX wrote:

Okay, so I play a lot of Uncharted 3 and I'm fairly decent. But I get annoyed how there will be a party of 4 or 5 getting matched up with a bunch of beginners or people who just aren't good. Why doesn't Naughty Dog patch this game so those parties start getting split up during matchmaking? I mean really..  How is 4 or 5 people with a +2 or +3 KRD on one team versus a bunch of randoms that are negative and one positive on anothet team fair? If they started splitting them up then it would encourge less people to party up. Give them a taste of what it feels like to have NO CHANCE at winning. I mean seriously, It's not fair to those beginners and it's not fair to the one positive person... I've stopped playing this game mainly because of that. It just gets annoying.

Heres what you could do to avoid parties.

Unplug you hdmi cable from your ps3, tightly wrap it around it.

You'll need roughly a 6 ft cable. Wrap it three times.

Now with the remainder of the cord grasp it firmly into you hand.

The next step is the most important-----

now commence beating yourself over the head with your ps3 to you realize its a game and a social one at that.

People play games for the SOCIAL aspect of it.

If people cant party up, uncharted will tank.

I mean really how much more does this game need to be f***ed up.

It's not even ND any more, its the **bleep** forumers.

What the hell do you guys actually want in a game?

No power weapons,

No being able to play with friends

Your play style to be the ONLY play style

Never take a loss

Always win even if you lost

No challenge to leveling up

Your gun being easy, but everyone else s needs nerfed.

This is ^^^^^^^ all I see any more on here.

Whats next TO MANY BUTTONS!

ND, please make the x button the only one need for this game.

I want to be able to skpe with little sally and text johnny so having one free finger I can still beast at U3.

Please make it happen, every thing esle is just to OP..

Now you guys are calling for not being able to play with friends?

Clans tags don't mean anything.

Most players with clan tags don't play any type of competitive matches .

They are just friends playing together.

Clan tags and parties don't bother me one freaking bit.

The one and only time it does is if it says MEX, BRA, ARG.

Then there is no point in even staying in that match.

Playing together is one of the last things left that even makes this game playable.

I don't throw in my U3 disk to get freaking rainbow guns.

I play for the social aspect, and for meeting people from places I wouldn't ever meet.

That's it.

They made the campaign for being alone.
Buy a freaking  headset and add some friends.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 46 (247 Views)